TWG LIII: All the King's Men

Started by MaestroUGC, May 14, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

He's not necessarily there just because of his comment

Yugi

Bird, are you going to respond for that odd thing you just said?

Bird

Maybe I worded it poorly. I was just wondering why verm was alive if he was human, since it seems like the manti rule would have dictated a strong player like him (who was never considered that suspicious) be wolfed. Since he was just now wolfed, that mystery was resolved. I think I touched upon this in the post where I voted for him last day phase, so it's not like it's coming out of nowhere.

NO WAIT THE REAL MYSTERY IS THAT I WOLFED HIM AND WAS WONDERING WHY BDS DIED INSTEAD SINCE IM SUCH A SHITTY WOLF </sarcasm>

And I can't really see why anyone would be suspicious of me at this point. I was a major proponent of the Waddle Bro, Thiannon and Liggy lynches. This means I was strongly in support of one of the lynches against at least one wolf. Unless wolf was a wolf, but I don't think he was. If anyone has any other specific points to bring up against me, they can do so, but I think that serves as a really strong defense on its own!

Ninja'd by Yugi: I'm in the middle of writing up a somewhat long-ish post, so I'll just post this first, and finish the rest in a few minutes. I'm sure you were all eager for an explanation anyway.

verm's accusations against Yugi are a lot more important to consider now that verm's humanity has been confirmed, but upon re-examining them, I think only the second and fourth points really hold any water. I'll go over them one by one:

1. Advocated Guard shouldn't claim on Night 1
         - Could see this just being typical paranoid human behavior.
2. Shared zero suspicions, easy for him to be partners with anyone
         - Very true! This is the leading reason why I'm considering my vote change.
3. Filler posts
         - I don't think this points either way, since I've seen him make spammy, useless posts before as a wolf.
4. This post being a potential wolf slip-up
         - Possible, but I don't think it's out of the question for a human to assume that no wolves had been lynched (especially if he or she thought Thiannon was human)
5. Pretending to be a special with BDS
         - Could go either way.

Most of his responses are actually on the same line. I think that fank is probably human, meaning Yugi's potential partners are: Wolf, Thiannon, Liggy, Waddle Bro, FSM, Greg.

FSM put Yugi 3rd on his first (only) list, but it doesn't mean that much since he never did anything with those suspicions. According to Yugi, Thiannon also suspected him. And Greg put Yugi third on his 3-player list as well. If you go by this reasoning his only possible partners are the other inactive ones: Liggy, Waddle Bro and Wolf. Which sounds like a pretty absurd set of wolves to me. But words are just words. None of the players who put him on their lists actually tried to have him lynched (correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't go and check everyone's votes).

I think there's definitely a case for Yugi being a wolf, but I'm just more suspicious of Greg. The case against Yugi relies a lot on his compatibility with other players and general uselessness, which I don't necessarily think is wolfish.

Now, for Greg, I'll explain all the reasons I'm suspicious of him so he can respond to each one with a pathetic excuse!

Also, I checked the deadline in the update post, and apparently it's already passed? I'm going to just assume that was another mistake. Get your head in the game Maestro!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

oh oops instead of deleting the second part of that post to post later, i accidentally just posted it all ffffffffff

Okay well I'll just copy the bottom part and finish it in a few minutes I guess!!!

Yugi

So with my defense in the equation, what does that change about 2 and 4?

Bird

It doesn't really change my evaluation of his accusations. 4 being a typo doesn't really matter since a slip-up and typo are basically synonymous. And 2 still stands, since even though you've been inactive, you're still a good partner for a lot of potential wolves!

Bird

Actually wait, I don't know if I'm as suspicious of Greg after all. Since a lot of my suspicion of him relies on him being a partner with FSM and everybody who talked to FSM thinks he's really human!

If anybody has logs with FSM they'd like to share, it would be way cool if you posted them.

Yugi

Quote from: Bird on May 25, 2013, 10:59:42 PMIt doesn't really change my evaluation of his accusations. 4 being a typo doesn't really matter since a slip-up and typo are basically synonymous. And 2 still stands, since even though you've been inactive, you're still a good partner for a lot of potential wolves!
Although, if I was a wolf, I probably would have taken a lot more care in my posting.

fank009

Quote from: Bird on May 25, 2013, 11:01:27 PMActually wait, I don't know if I'm as suspicious of Greg after all. Since a lot of my suspicion of him relies on him being a partner with FSM and everybody who talked to FSM thinks he's really human!

If anybody has logs with FSM they'd like to share, it would be way cool if you posted them.

so...
everyones a human eh bird? (from what i take from what you said), if thats so... why is the game still going???
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

MaestroUGC

I fixed the time when I adjusted the update, the phase ends May 26th at 11:00pm.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bubbles

Quote from: Bird on May 25, 2013, 10:59:42 PM4 being a typo doesn't really matter since a slip-up and typo are basically synonymous.
But didn't you just make a typo yourself? With that logic you're just as suspicious as he is. Unless you're disagreeing with that making him suspicious?

Bird

Bubbles: This "slip-up" or "typo" you're referring to is me saying "Well that solves the mystery of why verm was alive."

In a post where I voted for verm, I said the following: "This is also the only feasible explanation I can come up with for why neither [unnamed special] or verm was wolfed." I was trying to explain why verm wasn't wolfed, since it wouldn't make sense for him to still be in the game if he were human. A talented, not-very-suspicious human player would ordinarily have been wolfed by Day 3. That is the mystery I was referring to in my more recent post. Since verm was wolfed, the mystery of why he wasn't wolfed was (obviously) resolved.

So no, this wasn't a typo, since I meant exactly what I said (although it wasn't interpreted it in the way I intended).

fank: If you really think I'm a wolf then make a post about it instead of making snide comments like that. And when you do, make sure it's in English, for everyone's sake. I'm tired of having to sift through improper grammar and mafia slang in order to make heads or tails of your posts.

fank009

(mobile post: excuse the grammar)
Slang and grammer: imo, the slang im used to is more smoother than the slang here (how do you convert townie to human without adding an awkard ish all the time?) the problem with my grammar? i failed english, sue me.

my "suspicions" on you being a wolf.
if you have a look at my list, you can see from there my thoughts on the matter. ill post an updated list (hasnt changed in reality) when i have time.
but that verm wolfing has nearly as good as made the wolf team clear to me.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Bird on May 23, 2013, 08:37:36 AM2. FSM-Reapr - First, he starts lynch on TZP, and says GZG is human in his first list. Then at the very end of day 2 (in the final minute and a half) he tries to get GZG lynched, which seems desperate and ineffectual.

Hasn't given another suspicion list since then

This is perhaps the only good reason I could see myself being lynched. I completely forgot that Greg made that suspicion list suggestion for a second there. I voted for Greg because I didn't want to keep my vote on Verm, it's a moral thing. It'd be wrong to have a player have a good reason and me keeping my vote on him. I had no idea who to vote so I just bandwagoned Verm. (plus you really think I'd do something that stupid and irrational as a wolf?)
Excuse you, I was in the middle of making a list Day 3(you saw it yourself!) but then Verm started coming up with those insanely stupid reasons why he wanted to have me lynched. I thought that no human would do that, but I guess I was wrong.

Quote from: Dude on May 25, 2013, 12:45:36 PMIn order of most likely being a wolf my thoughts are: gzg = Yugi > verm = bird > fank009 > FSM
I'm going to go all Dude and shiz

In order of most likely being a wolf my thoughts are: Bubbles = Dude = BDS > Yugi > greg > Bird > fank009 > FSM

I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE A LIST THAT TAKES 2.5 HOURS TO MAKE SO SHUT UP.

in a nutshell:
Quote from: FSM-Reapr, Red vs. BlueThere is no fucking way I'd ever give a victory to someone who has done absolutely nothing for the human team.
I think this applies to Yugi more than anyone else.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 26, 2013, 01:15:28 AMIn order of most likely being a wolf my thoughts are: Bubbles = Dude = BDS < Yugi > greg > Bird > fank009 > FSM
whoops fixed