News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG LIII: All the King's Men

Started by MaestroUGC, May 14, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on May 21, 2013, 02:03:08 PM..Im not exactly an expert on these terms, but doesnt "scum" mean wolf?

heyhey mister still waiting for an answer

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Greg on May 22, 2013, 01:21:47 PMAlso, people who apparently didn't send in a suspicion list: Yugi, FSM, Dude, Liggy. Dude was already on top of my suspicion list and he still hasn't contributed anything, so...
Although I agree with you that Dude is somewhat suspicious because of his lack of significant contribution, I highly doubt that all of the wolves would "forget" to send in their lists, at the risk of appearing over-suspicious because of that. Then again, one or two might not do so in order to confuse us...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on May 21, 2013, 02:03:08 PM..Im not exactly an expert on these terms, but doesnt "scum" mean wolf?
yes, yes it does.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Yugi

Bird

Scum telling is doing something suspicious. In poker, players have "tells" which give away their bluffs. A scum tell is a tell that gives away a player is a wolf.

Also, I don't think there's instas in this game because of the weird voting system, but let's not vote immediately anyway. If all wolves are alive, I wouldn't want to be wolf rushed. Actually I'll just ask Maestro about it.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bubbles

Ok, thats what I thought. So why did you say
Quote from: fank009 on May 21, 2013, 03:13:06 AMWhat should i write? No one from the scumteam is on to give me ideas xD
From what you said, this means no one from the wolf team is online to tell you what to say? or is this a joke im not getting

fank009

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on May 22, 2013, 03:23:01 PMOk, thats what I thought. So why did you sayFrom what you said, this means no one from the wolf team is online to tell you what to say? or is this a joke im not getting
... ^it is a joke your not getting, I was supposed to be "mimicking" you from that small line.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Bubbles

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on May 22, 2013, 03:36:59 PM... ^it is a joke your not getting, I was supposed to be "mimicking" you from that small line.
I don't get it either... Bubbles was just asking (or at least, I think she was asking?) how much suspicion-list information she should reveal to the thread, and how much she should PM to me... it's always better to be safer!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Well, everyone agreed on the plan to send our suspicions to BDS. Then I was called inactive for not posting. So yeah I guess it was kind of a question, but mostly just a reason for why I wasn't posting.

Liggy

I'm going to be even MORE inactive than I previously was (that's possible?), as I may have a nerve problem.  (I don't think it's serious at this point, but I want to avoid straining it.)

If I do post, it's going to be dictated with voice control and sound very clunky from now on.  I'll probably refrain from posting much until Monday or so, if I'm not booted or killed.  In fact, posting this without dictation wasn't really fun.

Yeah, nothing is going well for me in this game.  Sorry, this was all completely unpredictable.

vermilionvermin

I'm going to vote FSM.  For one thing, he isn't in anyone's suspicion lists.  Not even in the top three in a single one!  I think everyone else is in the top three in at least one person's suspicion list.  That's kind of weird, especially when you consider the fact that his activity's been significantly lower now than it has been in the past.  People wanted to lynch Bubbles for inactivity, Liggy's inactivity was considered suspicious, and Yugi's been discussed as a potential lynch--but why not FSM?  Ever since his suspicion list, he hasn't contributed much.  Wolves would be less likely to put their partner high on their lists sent to BDS and they'd be more likely to send them to BDS.  Additionally, there's the whole TZP being proven human.  Only three people joined in on the bandwagon on Day 1, and of those three, FSM has by far taken the least heat from it.  I doubt three humans voted for the same human and that bandwagon stopped there.  And finally, Bird seems super defensive of FSM in the log below!

Spoiler
17:18   Vermilionvermin   what are your thoughts on fsm?
17:21   bird   inactive
17:21   bird   haven't seen him in the chat except for once i think
17:22   bird   i normally expect him to be sort of annoying and all over the place in the thread yet he's strangely quiet
17:22   bird   did he even send in a list?
17:22   Vermilionvermin   nope
17:22   Vermilionvermin   he posted a list on the top of page 12 but it's near-illegible
17:22   bird   idk if the inactivity is suspicious though
17:23   bird   in his aliens game he was super active and ended up being an alien
17:23   bird   he's a good partner for a lot of potential wolves though
17:24   bird   what about you?
17:25   Vermilionvermin   I agree that he's a good partner for lots of people
17:25   Vermilionvermin   and I think it's weird that nobody pointed out his inactivity!
17:25   bird   eh
17:25   Vermilionvermin   Like, nobody's even /talked/ about him
17:25   bird   i guess i'm being less active and crazy than usual in this game also and i'm a human
17:26   bird   maybe this game just sucks
17:26   bird   ?!?!?!?!?
17:26   bird   yugi sort of falls into the same boat though
17:26   bird   wait
17:27   bird   why fsm/liggy/greg over yugi?
17:27   Vermilionvermin   Yugi's been talked about at least
17:27   bird   so
17:27   Vermilionvermin   If it's between Yugi and FSM, I think FSM is more suspicious
17:28   bird   Could we go back to gzg again
17:28   Vermilionvermin   and then for Liggy, there's the fact that I'd expect the latest two wolfings to come from him
17:28   Vermilionvermin   and greg defended waddle bro
17:28   bird   why (besides the tzp thing) is gzg suspicious
17:28   bird   yeah but they both thought tzp was human
17:28   Vermilionvermin   Mostly the TZP thing
17:28   bird   so those are sort of the same thing
17:29   Vermilionvermin   But Greg's defense of TZP not only seems made up but has been proven untrue
17:29   bird   what page is that on
17:29   bird   also brb!
17:30   bird   in the meantime, why is wolf/thiannon/verm/yugi not possible
17:30   Vermilionvermin   his defense?
17:30   Vermilionvermin   Wolf's really hard to prove that I'm not a wolf partner with
17:31   Vermilionvermin   the only thing that comes to mind is that I was resigned to him being booted and didn't really make an effort to save him
17:31   Vermilionvermin   I can't really prove I'm not a wolf with Thiannon but the closest thing I have to proof is a log I sent BDS
17:31   Vermilionvermin   (a private chat w/ Thiannon)
17:31   Vermilionvermin   and Yugi I wanted him lynched for a lot of Day 1
17:32   Vermilionvermin   Fank would probably be a better wolf partner for me and I can't really think of a reason why I'm not a wolf with Fank
17:32   bird   I don't think you would constantly assert your partner is human
17:33   bird   the way you have been with fank
17:33   bird   And wow that is a surprisingly plausible combination
17:33   bird   *verm*
17:34   bird   nor do i think you would argue that one of your wolf partners is likely to be one of your wolf partners!
17:34   Vermilionvermin   that's all right
17:34   Vermilionvermin   because I think I know who I'm going to vote for now
17:34   bird   who
17:34   Vermilionvermin   FSM
17:34   bird   sounds good to me
17:34   Vermilionvermin   really?
17:34   bird   yeah
17:35   bird   i might vote for him too
17:35   Vermilionvermin   you got pretty defensive when I brought him up
17:35   Vermilionvermin   oh really
17:35   bird   at the very least i want to pressure a defense out of him for his weirdness
17:35   bird   idk if i want to lynch him though
17:35   bird   this is a really important lynch!!
17:35   bird   (probably)
17:37   Vermilionvermin   um apparently I have to go now but I'll try to post this first!
17:38   bird   im sure everyone will read it!
[close]

I feel like I'm forgetting to defend myself against something but I forgot what it was so I'll do it when I come back later tonight.

Bird

That's because FSM and I are lovers!!!

No, but really. FSM has never been a wolf before, at least to my knowledge. I checked the most recent games as well as the stats table, and there's nothing to be seen. So I don't see why his inactivity now points to him being a wolf. Yeah, he's acting pretty odd, since he's normally voting for people and stirring things up, acting crazy, making weird claims and plans, etc. But he does that as a human and as a third party (such as in TWG Zombies, where he fooled everyone into thinking he was a human when he was a part of the zombie team). We don't have any evidence to suggest that he would suddenly stop acting that way as a wolf.

His inactivity and the fact that he was on nobody's top 3 lists are sort of the same reason, just listed twice (been taking notes from Thiannon or something???). If he's inactive, players will forget about him and not list him. I know that if I were a wolf, I wouldn't be so foolish as to not list a single one of my partners on my top 3 anyway.

He's definitely acting odd, which he definitely needs to answer for, but I don't think that his inactivity is enough to say he's a wolf!

Also so what if I'm defending him! Maybe I think he's human or something.

And maybe the thing you're forgetting to defend yourself against is my wolf/thiannon/verm/yugi as the wolves accusation. I mainly just said that to keep you busy while I went and got a snack, but the theory actually holds quite a lot of water now that I think about it. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have more time to argue about that later. For now I'll vote for Yugi since he, like FSM, needs to answer for why he's being uncharacteristically inactive.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

BlackDragonSlayer

Update the table, update the table... I thought I heard something...

If TZP had not died, then I would go after him and the others who voted for Verm, but then again... that could be exactly what he (FSM) wants us to think! Also taking into account the fact that I'm still not completely sure about either Verm or Bird, it would make sense not to wolf either of them in order to provide me with no clues.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Quote from: Bird on May 22, 2013, 05:58:42 PMneeds to answer for why he's being uncharacteristically inactive.
Esetedford, School Expo and a stupid amount of assessments.

That answer your question?