News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG LIII: All the King's Men

Started by MaestroUGC, May 14, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Not much of a suspicion, but a slight...worry

TZP seems to be playing oddly. Hes bringing his real life into the game, but unlike Liggy or me (who only contributed their life since it prevented us from playing), he seems to be using it to brush off why hes not playing too hard:
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on May 19, 2013, 07:50:44 PMI honestly don't know what to make of you and Thiannon right now.  Mostly because I'm so tired; mountain biking was awesome though.  Tomorrow my thoughts may be clearer.

The Mashi wolfing?  Out of everyone, he contributed information that was arguably the least important.  So why did they hit an inactive?

...yeah, I'm sorry.  I got nothing right now.  Tomorrow.
this entire post just sets something off in my head

This whole thing is very argumentable. I was inactive for a few days because of a long road trip, and Liggy almost dropped out due to a project (right?). Normally this wouldn't bother me but the "I honestly don't know what to make of you and Thiannon right now. Mostly because I'm so tired" seems more like an excuse to not try, as to avoid suspicion, rather than an apology for not being active. I know from experience that when I quickly log on NSM and skim the threads when I have to go to sleep quickly, I don't even bother to post just for this reason. In fact, sometimes I don't even read the long arguments/posts (star twg player), since I know I would understand them much better when I'm fully awake. I'll place a vote on TZP so I don't get booted (yes I know hes already safetied).

I'm rereading this and I barely even understand myself xD I hope someone else can, since I really can't figure out another way to word it (you know, language barrier...)

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm pretty sure I understand what you're saying, Bubbles, and it's legitimate.  I know that post was really weird.  I was REALLY tired yesterday, completely unable to think clearly.

But like I said, I'd be on today, and here I am.

Verm, I understand your defense against my post right before I left on Day 1, but you saying "heebie-jeebies" still bothers me.  Like you're trying to push a suspicion without any real evidence, and the fact that you did this SAME EXACT THING when you were a wolf with me doesn't help.

Also, on the Bird-Thiannon argument: I think, if I had to choose one of them, I'd lean toward Bird being human and Thiannon being a wolf.  This isn't real strong right now, but Thiannon, I would be very interested in the PM Bird sent you.

Yugi's annoying me right now by making no post of any substance and always bandwagoning, but I'm not sure that's suspicious.  I'll definitely be keeping an eye on him though.

Verm. Once again, I'm very short on time, so I won't be able to be here when the phase ends.  I'm sorry for playing like this guys.

FSM-Reapr

Sorry for not caring about the game this Day that much. :(

I don't have any clue who to vote today, maybe if I had put more time and effort to it then I might. I'd like to vote Bird, due the reason I said before, but on the other hand I want to see more of him.

Quote from: vermilionvermin on May 20, 2013, 06:01:54 PMbut FSM said that these were special circumstances that meant he had to play a different game from what he normally played.
...No I didn't...? If I did, proof plz. I don't remember saying that.

Vermverm because I'm not sure that are you just trying to make excuses to have Gzgregory lynched.

Bird

Quote from: vermilionvermin on May 20, 2013, 06:01:54 PMAnd if people are wondering why I'm suspicious of Bird, it's threefold:

First, the weirdness with Bubbles and gregory.  This is a minor point, but why does Bubbles go from being your top suspicion to a "cop-out" lynch that you won't support?  It's a pretty weird and pretty quick change.

Next, the part of the chat where I was having doubts about the Waddle Bro lynch and you tried to convince me that Waddle should be lynched didn't really come off as genuine in my opinion.

Last, the wolfings are really really really typical Bird stuff.  Mashi falling Night 2 and TBWCW dying the first night fit pretty well into what I'd expect from Bird in particular.

In his favor he's got the fact that he hasn't done his wolf "tell" yet.  I don't think this is enough to lynch him today though because, while it's weird, it isn't necessarily wolfy.
If it makes you feel better, I also backed off bubbles for no real reason other than not being able to plausibly build a case against her.

Anyway those all seem like fair points. Besides the wolfing thing, since basing suspicions off of wolfings is pretty dumb.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

vermilionvermin

In my defense:

I was a wolf in TWG 52, TWG 51, TWG 49, TWG 47, and TWG 46.  I died Night 1 in TWG 48 and I hosted TWG 50.  In other words, if you look at my most recent games for proof that I'm a wolf...of course you're going to find something.  I've been a wolf five times and have never actually placed a vote as a human!  The reason I'm not going after Yugi anymore is because the suspicion I had against him yesterday pales in comparison to what I've got today against Bird and gregory, and to a lesser degree you and Bubbles. 

Additionally, there's no reason why I'd be more likely to have gut feelings as a wolf than I would as a human. 

And in the only game I was a human in that span (I died Night 1 but still marginally followed the game), I had the something similar happen!

And for FSM:  This post.  The one where you say he's out of town and not able to defend himself.

BlackDragonSlayer

Currently, I have my lynch set on Thiannon, unless anybody would like to present more reasons why somebody else is likely to be a wolf...?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

And remember, the phase ends soon.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

Thiannon

Oh god. I would have appreciated some more advance warning on that one. I'm not even sure what the case is against me at this point.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Thiannon

I'm not saying anything else. Last time I was lynched as a human my top two suspicions, the wolves, were essentially exonerated because everyone was convinced I was a wolf. I'd urge you guys not to fall into that paradigm. Think I'm a wolf if you want (you're wrong), but don't just accept it as fact, or we'll lose. Good luck.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

FSM-Reapr

Oh, I thought you meant I said those exact things in that quote. Sorry, my mistake then!

gzgregory because now that I know Verm isn't just making excuses, his reasons against him are now believable. Plus if BDS would forget to lynch, it'd be a 3-way KitB and out of the three of you, I'd want gzgregory to die instead of verm or TZP.(that came out quite rude, sorry)

ninja'd x2 :O

I don't know why you're lynching Thiannon, but I guess you have a reason. I think I'd lynch gzgregory this phase. (Plus next time, PLEASE give the person some time to defend himself)

ninja'd again x2

ninja'd ONE MORE TIME? WHAT IS THIS

FSM-Reapr

Or Bird rather than Thiannon but I guess it's too late.

MaestroUGC

A counter-attack was ordered by the Crown to be carried out in secret. Details are sketchy but at least one death is confirmed, a Private Thiannon gave his life at the order of the Crown.

Rebels:
Prince of Shadows – Master Wolf, the mastermind behind the movement.
2 Conspirators – 2 soldiers dedicated to the movement.
The King's Council – A traitor; if he is killed, one name of a conspirator will be announced (Prince of Shadow's name is last on the list for reveal). If he dies while in power then the lynching will revert to a Public Vote.

Humans:
The King – Our sovereign leader, if he dies power goes to the Prince. No Voting Power.
The Prince – Next in line for the throne, if both the King and Prince Die, the Charismatic Wolf assumes Power. No Voting Power.
Prime Minister – Has double voting power.
The Royal Guard – Guardian
8 Citizens – People loyal to the King

Players:
1. Black Dragon Slayer, Soldier - Corporal
2. Yugi, Officer - Captain
3. fank009, Soldier - Private
4. The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Clerk - Corporal KIA
5. FSM-Reapr, M.P. - Sergeant
6. The ZeldaPianist275, Soldier - Private
7. gzgregory, Soldier - Sergeant
8. Dude, Clerk - Corporal
9. Bird, Pilot - Lieutenant
10. Waddle Bro, Officer - Lieutenant KIA
11. Bubbles, Cook - Sergeant
12. Mashi, Officer - Major KIA
13. wolf, Soldier - Private MIA
14. Vermilionvermin, Soldier - Corporal
15. Thiannon, Soldier - Private KIA
16. Liggy, Doctor - Major

Chatroom

It is now Night 3
Night 3 will end on Tues. May 21st at 11:00 PM CST

I work at nights so don't be alarmed if I miss the update time, the phase will still end as scheduled.

Some people were born great, others had greatness thrust upon them by overbearing fathers.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 20, 2013, 08:58:01 PMI don't know why you're lynching Thiannon, but I guess you have a reason. I think I'd lynch gzgregory this phase. (Plus next time, PLEASE give the person some time to defend himself)
Gzgregory's suggestion about sending in top suspicions by PM really couldn't be beneficial to the wolves in any way, which is quite a significant reason that I doubt he's a wolf.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

Not necessarily my top pick, but I'll take it. Also, for the next day phase:

(11:05:55 PM) bird: BDS, would it be possible for you to share the lists you received?
(11:07:00 PM) KINGBDS: I don't see how it would be beneficial at the current moment (as all it would do would be to alert the wolves and pretty much invalidate the point of them being sent to only me...).
(11:07:08 PM) KINGBDS: If you have good reasons why, though...
(11:07:26 PM) bird: oooo
(11:07:29 PM) bird: Yeah, but for the day phase
(11:07:48 PM) KINGBDS: It certainly wouldn't hurt to do so during the day, I suppose...

GET PUMPED.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die