News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

TWG LIII: All the King's Men

Started by MaestroUGC, May 14, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fank009

the waddle lynch, i expressed my thoughts in my suspicion post.

the mashi wolfing.. . I agree, very out of the blue (considering i wanted to press him further on something, though tzp, there prolly was "a good reason" for wolves to wolf mashi, apart from "activity"
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

fank009

Quote from: Mashi on May 18, 2013, 06:22:35 AMOther things like fos and all those other abbreviations don't have any formal equivalents in TWG, so just describe them to us as best as you can to the other Players if possible.
Finger of suspicion, (FoS) To those who dont understand the idea, In english its to "point the finger at someone", If that doesnt make sense...

Hopefully This gives the idea xD

Wolf

The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Dude

FSM-Reapr

Greg

I frankly don't know what to make of the whole Bird/Thiannon argument. I do think that we were far from having a consensus on Waddle though: there just weren't really any better options at the time (according to what BDS was saying).

Fank, I was wondering if you could post a link to one of your games on Epicmafia (or anywhere else you happen to play TWG). I feel like it would help.

Safety on TZP.

fank009

hmmm... i cant give you a epicmafia game sorry, you can check my stats if you want, i can dig through some forums if you like... ill try get one game as scum, and one game is town, (though, do you really want to read through them xD, some games contain at least 500 posts...) at least no logs to read xD
ill get the games in the morning when i get access to a computer
(in reality there arent that many games to show you, my game changed ALOT, when playing epic mafia  and there are 3-4 games which that skill carries over (truth, fank WAS a "mafia" nub)

fank009

for those who want to dig without waiting for me, check the mariokartTT boards (yes, i'm a kartie) two games you are lookingfor (both in general), honkos latest game (cant remember what its called, and a spongebob themed game.) that should give you what you need for those who want, i'll link it when i wake up. if i remember xD)

fank009

Thiannon

I'm leaning back away from Bird right now after a PM he sent me. I'll be on the chat all night starting around 9:00 EDT so hopefully I can be of some help this day phase.

I had a point here about the wolves probably being inactive, but it was circular logic (basically, the humans have no weapons, so the wolves don't have to try particularly hard to win, and so will be inactive--but the lack of human weapons likely contributes to human inactivity as well).

Liggy, I hear you re: "meta"-ing, but there's been a tendency in the past for people to ascribe all of my "human" behaviour as wolfish cunning and my "wolfish" behaviour as my slipping up, which seems like predetermination and is kind of silly and annoying.

More to follow!
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Liggy

I was mainly pointing out the fact you were trying to self-meta.  "I wouldn't do x as a wolf" and "When I'm human, I tend to do y" are empty statements, because you're admitting that you're aware of your tendencies, which you would exploit as a wolf.  It's not just against you, and if I saw anyone else do it I'd probably call them out on it too.  Not only is it a worthless defense, but it also ruins a possible defense for other people to bring up for you.

vermilionvermin

I'd just like to opine on the Thiannon-Bird situation:  While I'm suspicious of them for other reasons, I don't think what they did here was anything out of the ordinary.  I was originally a little concerned with how easily Bird backed of Thiannon, but then I realized that half of the reason he suspected him in the first place was nullified by the fact that Thiannon was trying to goad Dude into activity.

And if people are wondering why I'm suspicious of Bird, it's threefold:

First, the weirdness with Bubbles and gregory.  This is a minor point, but why does Bubbles go from being your top suspicion to a "cop-out" lynch that you won't support?  It's a pretty weird and pretty quick change.

Next, the part of the chat where I was having doubts about the Waddle Bro lynch and you tried to convince me that Waddle should be lynched didn't really come off as genuine in my opinion.

Last, the wolfings are really really really typical Bird stuff.  Mashi falling Night 2 and TBWCW dying the first night fit pretty well into what I'd expect from Bird in particular.

In his favor he's got the fact that he hasn't done his wolf "tell" yet.  I don't think this is enough to lynch him today though because, while it's weird, it isn't necessarily wolfy.

The person I'm going to vote for is Gzgregory.  I'm a little more suspicious of the Seizure man strategy in regards to him now that he's dropped off the map since he was called on it, though I guess I'd be more suspicious if he kept being super duper active.  I think I'm looking for more of a middle balance.

The stronger part of the Greg suspicion is the weirdness in his objection to the Waddle Bro lynch.  In the chat, he brings up Bubbles as an alternative lynch for her inactivity.  Bubbles was in that chat, which put her above a lot of other players in terms of activity!  He had a strange aversion to lynching Waddle Bro.  He claimed that Waddle Bro always acts like this early in the game, but FSM said that these were special circumstances that meant he had to play a different game from what he normally played.  I don't think that greg and bird are likely wolves together, but I think it's likely at least one of them is a wolf.

Other people I suspect are Bubbles from disappearing after avoiding a lynch yesterday and TZP because him being a wolf with Bird would explain a lot of Bird's weirdness yesterday.

Bubbles

Hey I didnt disappear :/ I'm just not sure what we're supposed to send to BDS and what to post in the thread

vermilionvermin

If you've got a suspicion, post it so we can discuss it.

Yugi

Voting for verm so I don't phantom out