News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG LIII: All the King's Men

Started by MaestroUGC, May 14, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: vermilionvermin on May 17, 2013, 12:50:34 AM11. Bubbles, Cook - Sergeant:  I tried to write this a few times and I don't even know where I stand on you.  I definitely feel the inactivity is because of something legitimate because you recognize the fact that people expect inactivity from you as a wolf.  On the other hand, the "I'm not going to play TWG for a while if I'm lynched for inactivity" is a super annoying defense.  Regardless of past history with inactivity, weeding out inactives is a good enough reason to lynch people on Day 1.
Ill admit that wasnt the best way to word things xD It was late, I was rushing, and I was frustrated (if you've ever tried to type something more than three words on a 3DS, you understand). I wasn't trying to threaten like a little kid losing a game. Its just been really frustrating that everyone automatically jumps to the idea that "Oh! Bubbles hasn't posted that much, and last time she did that she was a wuff! Lynch!". Theres not exactly anything I can do to prove or disprove you, since you can't be positive until the post game.

1. Black Dragon Slayer -wuff

2. Yugi -Yugi always posts, whether its relevant or not. I don't really find his "hwat now?" to be suspicious, since he does things like that all the time. I don't know why verm is making such a big deal out of it.

3. fank009 -Have you played TWG before? By looking at your posts, you seem to be new. If you have played before however, the things you're posting wouldn't really make sense. Meh. I don't want to throw around accusations for being unhelpful if you're just a newbie

5. FSM-Reapr -Your vote on TZP was quick, but I do follow your reason, Sure, I wouldn't have voted for him just for that, but at least you didn't just throw a random name out there. I'm still watching you though buddy

6. The ZeldaPianist275 -Im not sure if you're still in the "new" phase of twg (like me) so I'm not sure what to think of you saying this
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on May 15, 2013, 06:57:57 PMI actually think it may be a good idea to say who has and hasn't claimed yet.  If anyone has any objections, voice them, but I think BDS should post the list.
Idk how many games of twg you've played, but this isn't really a good strategy for the humans ever. This doesn't really make me suspicious of you however, since I don't think it was a plan to get BDS to actually post the claims since he knows better

7. gzgregory -You're plan looks helpful, and it seems to disadvantage the wolves to a certain point. Sending our suspicions to BDS would keep the wolves from figuring out a special, but it would also keep the humans from having enough evidence from the players to find the wolves. Plus everyone is sooper lazy and I don't think it could be pulled off easily. For some reason as soon as TWG goes off the thread (like pms and chats) everyone dissapears

8. Dude -Personally I don't think it would've been smart for Dude to wolf Boy. He jumped quickly once Boy pretended to be a wolf, posting immediately in the thread (at least I think it was immediately). I see the Boy wolfing as wolfing a player that was least likely to be lynched the next day phase instead of Dude getting "revenge". Sure Boy wasn't necessarily confirmed, but from the exchange the two of them had I don't think Boy would have been lynched easily.

9. Bird -I don't know how to read you, but I'll hopefully be in the chat party later

10. Waddle Bro -Waddle Bro; Bro. Bro to FSM, who is literally an older brother to him. iirc, fsm taught waddle about twg or at least showed him the game (feel free to correct me on this). I know they're both amazing players, but I feel that Waddle would look up to his brother since he has more experience. Waddle is an experienced player himself, and it does seem odd for him to bandwagon like he did. Normally I would sympathize with him since his one little comment made him suspected, but he didnt really respond well
Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 16, 2013, 10:15:33 AMDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

bird
Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 16, 2013, 10:16:30 AMjkofc

everyday I'm waddling
Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 16, 2013, 10:23:11 AMThank you Dude
that whole paragraph kept changing view points >.> I gotta stop trying to be nice to everyone. Waddle

11. Bubbles -wuff

12. Mashi -?

13. wolf -?

14. Vermilionvermin -You brought up the idea of a Yugi lynch, and I don't really agree with your reason. Sure Yugi is playing...strangely, but he is always like that. Plus, you aren't really the player to use
Quote from: vermilionvermin on May 17, 2013, 12:50:34 AM2. Yugi, Officer - Captain:  You've given me a bad case of the heebie jeebies this game.
a "case of the heebie jeebies" as an excuse to suspect someone

15. Thiannon -All you've really done is post your suspicion list, which seems to be more of a tl;dr of everyone else's posts. Also
Quote from: Thiannon on May 17, 2013, 05:01:14 PMthis will be my last post this phase, as I'll be out for the rest of the evening. It's a shame because I feel there's lots to discuss. We still need to hear more from wolf/Liggy/Mashi, though.
implies that you won't be in the chat? plus why am i not in there. "It's a shame because I feel there's lots to discuss." wouldn't be something I would say as parting words, and seems like you're just trying a little too hard to seem helpful. I didn't really think much of you before you posted this, but after you ninja'd me with that post I'm slightly suspicious.

16. Liggy -?

Summary
Suspicious (not in any order)
1. Verm
2. FSM/Waddle (I don't think both of them would be wolves)
3. Thiannon

THERE AM I INACTIVE NOW HMMMMM?!?

Bird

I'm getting a tiny bit uncomfortable at the momentum that this Waddle Bro lynch is picking up, but I still can't think of anything better.

Additionally, verm, I dug up something interesting from another game where Yugi was a wolf:

http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4873.msg170798#msg170798

I think this parallels the "what now" pretty well, for what that's worth.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Liggy

Sorry about inactivity!  I'll be in chat as much as I can, but I was working on stuff last night and with my friends all today, so I wasn't be able to focus.

Also I'm working on winning a scholarship-type thing, and that will probably take up a huge portion of my time until the end of next week, so I can't guarantee I'll be fully focused on the TWG for a while.

Bird

Wait, I just had the best idea!

Everybody retract their votes. Then we have BDS vote for who cares.

Then everybody is booted from the game except for BDS and we win.

Yugi

Bird

Just kidding, I realized there's 3 problems with that AWESOME PLAN:

a) Maestro probably wouldn't allow it
b) The TWC probably wouldn't allow it
c) If even one wolf just voted for somebody/showed activity at the last second, they win the game.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on May 17, 2013, 05:56:49 PMWait, I just had the best idea!

Everybody retract their votes. Then we have BDS vote for who cares.

Then everybody is booted from the game except for BDS and we win.
:)

I was going to lynch gzgregory, but I agree with Bubbles when she says that his plan WOULD be unhelpful to the wolves, and might make it a bit more obvious what everybody's intentions are (meaning that the four wolves couldn't just put the same person on the top of their list in order to get them lynched).
Thus, unless anybody has any objections, I will lynch Waddle Bro. Speak now if you have any objections (I mean, I can change the lynching any time, but I can't guarantee that I'll be on through all the rest of the phase).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

fank009

Guys, I have a confession, some of you are underestimating my "ability" to play the game. Its not that i dont mind being at the bottom of peoples suspicion lists.. its just that if this info doesnt come out now, it will have a negative impact on the game (from my calculations anyway)
Anyway... this is the piece of information you should know

Quote from: birdmashi says that fank has twg experience by way of epicmafia
I have played "this game" before, Ive played it live and ive played it in forums many a time... In essence i am still a "newb" here, due to a small realisation, Different people have different meta sets, and after a few games they are established as "normal"
You dont know my play, I dont know yours, And I make "biased" decisions due to not knowing that said meta.
Given that I havent played on forums this way before (usually a bit more restrictive) Its nothing that i cant adapt to. Biggest problem for me is probably the phrasing, and getting used to not saying scummy all the time :/

For those wondering, BDS knew about this info the whole time. So good luck with that wolves.

Coming up will be a "proper" analysis, followed by a tl;dr version (mind you ive been posting in tl;dr version anyway for most of my posts (or so i would like to think)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Bird on May 17, 2013, 06:02:10 PMJust kidding, I realized there's 3 problems with that AWESOME PLAN:

a) Maestro probably wouldn't allow it
Correct, I wouldn't allow it.

There is a strong chance I will be late updating the phase. It will still end as normal, so please don't be alarmed if I'm late an hour or two.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

So I suppose, unless somebody has a sudden epiphany, as Bird said, Waddle Bro will be lynched.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on May 17, 2013, 02:36:58 PMAlso, why are people voting Waddle instead of FSM?  I get that he's acting a little weird, but FSM placed the vote THE VERY FIRST POST AFTER THE PHASE BEGAN.  And said "because I have no one else to go after."  That seems out of place to me.
Sure you don't think this just because I voted you???
I have the habit to go after people to make them react. That's my TWG strategy.
Most likely changing my vote, but idk who to exactly.

ninja'd
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 17, 2013, 07:32:09 PMSo I suppose, unless somebody has a sudden epiphany, as Bird said, Waddle Bro will be lynched.
I can already imagine how pissed he's going to be for being in Stockholm and not being able to defend himself XD