TWG LIII: All the King's Men

Started by MaestroUGC, May 14, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Yugi on May 17, 2013, 03:36:53 AM
Quote from: fank009 on May 17, 2013, 02:08:21 AMfmbpov
What?
ftfy

I'll make a suspicion list later, since I really don't feel like doing it now.

Greg

So what is Seizure man strategy anyway. The first time I heard about it was last game when Verm supposedly used it, and I missed that phase so I never really read it closely.

also all of you are ignoring my idea geez

Wolf

Sorry that I haven't posted anything. I had some other things to do. So I wasnt active ever since.
But all of the other things are finished so I will be active for most of the days.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: gzgregory on May 17, 2013, 07:19:40 AMSo what is Seizure man strategy anyway. The first time I heard about it was last game when Verm supposedly used it, and I missed that phase so I never really read it closely.
It's basically like this: you try to make myself seem as active, useful and helpful to the human team as possible, so they wouldn't lynch you, because the humans would hate to lynch someone as good for the human team as you.

Quote from: gzgregory on May 17, 2013, 07:19:40 AMalso all of you are ignoring my idea geez
What idea?

Dude

There is a 90% chance I'll vote for Waddle, but I want to get some feedback from someone first.

So no vote yet.

vermilionvermin

I'm going to change my vote to Waddle after a quick reread of Thiannon's and Bird's suspicion lists.  Thiannon's reminded me of the speculation of Toby being a special, and Bird's comment about Yugi looking human because he doesn't care (not one I'm sure I agree with, by the way) marks a difference in Waddle's behavior.  Pre-that post, Waddle at least defends his TZP vote because he thinks TZP's the most suspicious.  Post-post, he begins wildly throwing around his vote like he's trying to show how little he cares about the lynch.

BlackDragonSlayer

Alrighty then! Since the phase ends today... who do you think I should lynch? I was originally thinking either TZP or gzgregory, but now that Verm mentions Waddle, it brings up another possibility...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

Players I would like to see more from:

wolf
Mashi
Liggy
Bubbles

@vermilionvermin: I agree completely, and think that that reasoning on Waddle is probably the best reasoning we've had on anyone so far.

My top three suspicions have moved around a bit after speaking with Mashi, Thiannon, vermilionvermin and Fank009 in the chat. Now they're:

1. gzgregory - I feel like he's trying to come off as helpful without being that helpful. It reminds me of his performance in the Snakes on a Plane game, where he dominated as a wolf. verm tells me he was also helpful in several games as a human, but he also suspects TZP which I think is ridiculous.
2. Waddle Bro - As I said before, I think verm has a great line of reasoning with Waddle; He made a bandwagon vote that was suspicious and now is trying to hide it by throwing his vote around, trying to make it look like he doesn't care about the lynch.
3. Mashi - Came across as really weird in a chat we had together. We were talking about our different wolf-hunting ways, and he said that he would be suspecting the players who looked the most human. I sent the log in to BDS, but it sounded really odd. I'd never heard him talk about that before, and it sounded like it could have been laying the groundwork for suspecting human players. He also said that he had inconsistent behavior all the time, which might have been insurance in case he's caught doing something suspicious.

Oh yeah, one more thing.

Be active. Maestro is booting the inactive players and not replacing them. I don't want to lose any humans because you couldn't be bothered to VOTE.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Dude

Vote on Waddle for hopefully obvious reasons.

Bird

Waddle Bro, to break the tie.

FSM: TZP
Yugi: Bird
Waddle: Dude
fank: Yugi
gzg: Liggy
Bird: Waddle
verm: Waddle
Thiannon: Dude
Dude: Waddle

Waddle - 3
Dude - 2
Everyone Else - 1

TheZeldaPianist275

Guys, I'm sorry.  I wish I could, but I can't make a suspicion list now.  I'm off mountain biking for the weekend, so I hope you understand.  I have such little time, but here are some quick thoughts:

Verm?  Yugi's giving you the heebie-jeebies?  On Day One with less than 10 posts to count for activity?  That makes no sense to me.  Either you're trying to draw out discussion on him, or one of your top suspicions seems really out of place.  Keep an eye on Verm for me, guys.

...And you have played in a game where I was a wolf before.  You were a wolf too.

Also, why are people voting Waddle instead of FSM?  I get that he's acting a little weird, but FSM placed the vote THE VERY FIRST POST AFTER THE PHASE BEGAN.  And said "because I have no one else to go after."  That seems out of place to me.

Greg, I'm really not sure what to make of you right now.  Hopefully when I get back I'll be able to figure you out more.

For right now, so I don't get a phantom, I am actually going to vote for Verm.  When he and I were wolves together (that was Sheikah's game where I atrociously claimed something waaaay off to BDS) he said something like "I can't shake the feeling you're not a human this game" of Yugi.  I don't know what anyone else thinks about this, but imo he is the most suspicious person right now, just because of that out-of-place quote about Yugi.  I'm in a rush, so I'm not thinking terribly clearly, and it's unlikely he'll get lynched anyway, but everybody should think about this, methinks.  Verm's a really good wolf when he is one.  Watch him.

See y'all on Sunday.

vermilionvermin

I'm not trying to draw out discussion on Yugi.  I think asking "hwat now?" three hours before the end of Night 1 is weird.  There were a lot of things he could have done to generate activity.  He also should have responded to the second part of the suspicion I'll discuss below.  Instead he just responded with filler.

That also ignores what I think is the stronger part of that suspicion, which is that Yugi suggested the guardian not claim to BDS.  There was no reason to doubt that BDS was the real king.  There's a chance the wolves decided to counterclaim guardian (and if there is a guardian counterclaim then I strongly urge BDS to consider lynching Yugi for this).  And nobody called him suspicious for it.  That's suspicious, especially when three people voted for you for coming up with what is arguably bad plan.  Yugi's plan was worse imo, in addition to nobody commenting on it and the weird post.

Greg

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on May 17, 2013, 07:24:25 AMWhat idea?
Quote from: gzgregory on May 16, 2013, 07:14:44 PMI just thought of something. If we all vote for a player who's a special or who BDS doesn't want to kill for whatever reason, he'll be forced to kill someone else, thus giving the wolves a target for that night phase. Naturally this isn't good at all.
To avoid this I think we should each send BDS our top two or three lynch candidates, and then he kills the top lynch candidate unless they're a special. That way, unless there's overwhelming public sentiment against a player in the thread, the wolves don't know who was up first, and thus BDS can avoid raising the wolves' suspicions by not killing the top lynch candidate.

Thoughts?

This counts as my defense against Bird as well, since I still think that this is a good idea. Unless you saw this already in which case please correct me.

Anyway, I don't really suspect TZP anymore ever since he explained his thinking.

I'm not actually finished this post but I have to leave.

Bird

I think it's a good idea. I just also think you're suspicious. But not a lot of people seem to share my suspicion, so I wouldn't really worry about it this phase.

I also think we should have a chat meeting at 8:00 CDT (an hour and a half from now), since I feel like there's a bunch of stuff we could still hash out.

Thiannon

Quote from: Dude on May 17, 2013, 01:54:01 PMVote on Waddle for hopefully obvious reasons.

How could your reasons possibly be obvious? This is a textbook bandwagon vote.

Just FYI, this will be my last post this phase, as I'll be out for the rest of the evening. It's a shame because I feel there's lots to discuss. We still need to hear more from wolf/Liggy/Mashi, though.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar