News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

TWG LIII: All the King's Men

Started by MaestroUGC, May 14, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Waddle Bro

Quote from: vermilionvermin on May 16, 2013, 08:14:59 AMI don't understand why people think TZP's a wolf.  I guess you could say that the plan he came up with regarding revealing names doesn't make sense from a human perspective, but I think it probably makes more sense coming from a human than from a wolf.  If he's a human he wanted to see the lynch to have more information to decide the lynch.  If he's a wolf, people are saying that he wanted to find out the specials, but I don't really see how the wolves would go about that.  I think there are arguments both ways about specials being people who claimed or being people who didn't claim.
I haven't said TZP was a wolf, he's just the most suspicious out of the people I've seen so far. There is just a bigger amount of stuff pointing at TZP than the others imo.

MaestroUGC

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you your king!

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bird

Quote from: fank009 on May 15, 2013, 09:45:33 PMI dont think, that Dude would wolf TBWCW after this exchange, It doesnt make sense to wolf a possible lynch target like that, this early in the game.(of course there are 3 other wolves... but unless there is some unknown meta that i dont know about)

Bird, A suspicion list is good as it can give ideas as to who is teaming with who, and will be great in terms of determining who are wolves when it comes to the end game.
In my (short) experience though, They dont tend to be necesarily useful
What experience do you have with TWG? Did you play on a different forum or something?

Anyway, I couldn't disagree more! I think they're extremely useful on three levels.

1) They encourage people to examine every player's behavior, when otherwise they might have ignored them. In doing so, they can get an accurate assessment of who they think should be lynched.
2) They provide information to the alliance and other players regarding possible partnerships among wolves.
3) Most importantly, they give everyone something to talk about.

1. Bubbles - I'm not sure if this holds true anymore, but the last game I was in with Bubbles, we lynched her for being inactive and she ended up being a wolf. And she certainly isn't being active now. She only posted once total.
2. Waddle Bro - I guess you and FSM have fair reason to vote for TZP, but you did jump on the vote pretty early on, before he even responded.
2. FSM-Reapr - More for wariness than suspicion.
4. Thiannon - Where are you?
5. fank009 - I can't tell what you're saying half the time. Suspicious!!!
6. Liggy - Generic middle-of-the-list person. Be more active!
7. Mashi - Generic middle-of-the-list person. Be more active!
8. Gzgregory - Generic middle-of-the-list person. Be more active!
9. wolf - Generic middle-of-the-list person. Be more active!
10. TheZeldaPianist - Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Or in this case, naivety. I don't think the thoght that he may have been helping the wolves even crossed his mind when he suggested that the unclaimed special roles be shared.
11. vermilionvermin - I agree that TZP hasn't really done anything suspicious.
12. Yugi - His "I don't really care" vote on me makes me think he's human. I think he would likely be more careful as a wolf. Unless somebody can name a game where he was a wolf and acted similarly. And although I don't think him having the same avatar as the alliance leader is necessarily wolfy, it wouldn't hurt the human cause for him to change it.
13. Dude - I wouldn't expect him to say something like "oh my god i didn't die" if he were a wolf. He definitely could, but I don't know if the thought would occur to him. Additionally, I think I would try and avoid wolfing Toby if I'd already had a public interaction with him.
14. BlackDragonSlayer - The uncounterclaimed King.
15. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
16. Bird

Of course, take this listing with a grain (or two) of salt. It's the first day phase, so a lot of these are way off the mark, I'm sure.

Three other things. When I said everybody should claim not King, that's because I thought it was likely a wolf would have false claimed King. Since the King and the Prince know each other though, a wolf never would have false claimed King, and there was never really a lot of risk. So I just claimed shortly after I remembered that. Second, the specials in this game should consider acting a little bit suspicious, whatever that means. And finally, make sure if you're sending a PM to the alliance leader, you're sending it in to BDS rather than Yugi who has an identical avatar.

Thiannon for now.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Bird on May 16, 2013, 10:02:08 AM2. Waddle Bro - I guess you and FSM have fair reason to vote for TZP, but you did jump on the vote pretty early on, before he even responded.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 16, 2013, 12:21:04 AMTZP(Yes, I'm voting already, since it doesn't matter that much because of the King)
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

bird

Waddle Bro

Dude

You forgot the "e"

should be Waddle-ing

Bird

Oh yeah, I was going to say something about the King stuff also.

I don't think we should all be treating votes as if they don't matter. I think the King would really be interested in who the public would like to see lynched. So when you vote for somebody, even if it isn't going to have an affect on the actual lynch, you are signalling that that's the person you want to see dead.

Additionally, we should avoid creating a 2/3 majority with our votes. Yeah, I know that's basically suggesting that we give all day phase power to the King, but until the crown moves, it's good to know that a special role will never be lynched.

Waddle Bro: Chill! The day is young. I didn't vote for you anyway.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Dude on May 16, 2013, 10:18:52 AMYou forgot the "e"

should be Waddle-ing
Thank you Dude

Quote from: Bird on May 16, 2013, 10:19:32 AMWaddle Bro: Chill! The day is young. I didn't vote for you anyway.
Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 16, 2013, 10:16:30 AMjkofc
=P
(yes, I'm using the = because BDS has ruined the smiley with his overusage on it. (woah nearly typed oversausage)

Dude

Dude

I'M GOING TO VOTE PLAYER 1 BECAUSE AWEPORIGHWAEOIG

NO WAIT I WANT TO VOTE NUMBER 5 BECAUSE HE'S A DICK

NONONO I DIDN'T MEAN THAT I'LL JUST SAFETY MYSELF

OMG SOMEONE CORRECTED ME HE'S GOTTA BE THE WOLF

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Dude on May 16, 2013, 11:02:19 AMI'M GOING TO VOTE PLAYER 1 BECAUSE AWEPORIGHWAEOIG

NO WAIT I WANT TO VOTE NUMBER 5 BECAUSE HE'S A DICK

NONONO I DIDN'T MEAN THAT I'LL JUST SAFETY MYSELF

OMG SOMEONE CORRECTED ME HE'S GOTTA BE THE WOLF
YEAH. THAT'LL TEACH YOU.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on May 16, 2013, 10:19:32 AMI think the King would really be interested in who the public would like to see lynched. So when you vote for somebody, even if it isn't going to have an affect on the actual lynch, you are signalling that that's the person you want to see dead.

Additionally, we should avoid creating a 2/3 majority with our votes. Yeah, I know that's basically suggesting that we give all day phase power to the King, but until the crown moves, it's good to know that a special role will never be lynched.
I agree very much Bird.

Also, I would REALLY like the inactive players to be more active, as should be obvious.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Greg

1. TheZeldaPianist - I still think that TZP's thing helps the wolves more than the humans, and TZP isn't stupid. This is a pretty weak suspicion, though, like everything else at this point.
2. Bubbles - Bird makes a good point in that Bubbles tends to disappear when she's a wolf.
3. fank009 - He seems more confused about the game than anything else, but there's been some perplexing statements (e.g. suspicion lists not being useful???). Beyond this point I'm not particularly suspicious of anyone.
4. Bird - Bird's only up here because of how inscrutable he always is. Always good to have one eye on him.
5. Vermilionvermin - Same goes for verm.
6. Mashi - And Mashi. He's below the other two because I think he'd be paying more attention as a wolf.
7. Thiannon - Unusually inactive.
8. Liggy - Inactive.
9. wolf - Inactive.
10. Waddle Bro - I figure there's good reasons for him to suspect TZP, and he hasn't done anything wolfy.
11. FSM-Reapr- The fact that he voted first for TZP speaks to his humanity, I think.
12. Yugi - He pointed out that the guardian should claim during the day to avoid being killed, and while I don't think there's any risk that BDS was a wolf, it's a human thing to say.
13. Dude - I think that tonight's wolfing is more of a vague attempt to frame Dude than anything else. There's no way he'd wolf Boy after that exchange.
14. BDS - King.
15. gzgregory - Sup.

fank009

(mobile post...)
Bird: "fanks speaking in japanese lets lynch him".

Regarding my "experience", im new to these parts, an old fan of the (general) game. (i hope the translation gets throughxD)
And this game is like poker (in some ways).

:while you were typing

really gzgregory...

ill come back when i have a computer... (or stay posting side notes xD)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...