News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG LIII: All the King's Men

Started by MaestroUGC, May 14, 2013, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

That's what Bird is saying we should not do.  If we reveal the Players who have claimed, that increases the likelihood of Wolves predicting the Specials based on who claimed (because the Specials are likely to be within those claimers).  Not to mention that knowing who claimed and who hasn't doesn't really tell us much aside from perhaps activity of certain Players which we can easily gauge from the topic come the Day Phase.

MaestroUGC

An bomb went off in JaMaHa State Park, and The Boy Who Cried Wolf was killed in the blast.

Rebels:
Prince of Shadows – Master Wolf, the mastermind behind the movement.
2 Conspirators – 2 soldiers dedicated to the movement.
The King's Council – A traitor; if he is killed, one name of a conspirator will be announced (Prince of Shadow's name is last on the list for reveal). If he dies while in power then the lynching will revert to a Public Vote.

Humans:
The King – Our sovereign leader, if he dies power goes to the Prince. No Voting Power.
The Prince – Next in line for the throne, if both the King and Prince Die, the Charismatic Wolf assumes Power. No Voting Power.
Prime Minister – Has double voting power.
The Royal Guard – Guardian
8 Citizens – People loyal to the King

Players:
1. Black Dragon Slayer, Soldier - Corporal
2. Yugi, Officer - Captain
3. fank009, Soldier - Private
4. The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Clerk - Corporal KIA
5. FSM-Reapr, M.P. - Sergeant
6. The ZeldaPianist275, Soldier - Private
7. gzgregory, Soldier - Sergeant
8. Dude, Clerk - Corporal
9. Bird, Pilot - Lieutenant
10. Waddle Bro, Officer - Lieutenant
11. Bubbles, Cook - Sergeant
12. Mashi, Officer - Major
13. wolf, Soldier - Private
14. Vermilionvermin, Soldier - Corporal
15. Thiannon, Soldier - Private
16. Liggy, Doctor - Major

Chatroom

It is now Day 1
Day 1 will end on Fri. May 17th at 11:00 PM CST

I work at nights so don't be alarmed if I miss the update time, the phase will still end as scheduled.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FSM-Reapr

If there were Guardian counterclaims, I think the confirmed human alliance should discuss about them in private without revealing the names. The Prime Minister liar can easily be busted with some vote shenanigans.

TZP for now because I have no one else to go after.
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on May 15, 2013, 06:57:57 PMI actually think it may be a good idea to say who has and hasn't claimed yet.  If anyone has any objections, voice them, but I think BDS should post the list.
I don't see how this would have benefit the humans. The wolves it does benefit. That's why I'm voting for him for now at least.

Bird

I'm going to try and put together a suspicion list later, and would suggest that other players do the same. Even if you can't think of a lot of great reasons to put a certain player in a certain spot on your list, the lists will come in handy later in the game for the alliance to look at in order to eliminate possible pairings.

Regarding the Toby wolfing, I know that he and Dude had a small disagreement thing earlier, but I highly doubt it had any influence on the wolfs' pick.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

fank009

Quote from: Bird on May 15, 2013, 09:25:39 PMRegarding the Toby wolfing, I know that he and Dude had a small disagreement thing earlier, but I highly doubt it had any influence on the wolfs' pick.
Quote from: Dude on May 14, 2013, 05:01:59 PMok

also
19:57   Toby_   So, who you thinking for the wolfing?
19:57   Toby_   Bird? Verm?
19:59   Dude   eh
19:59   Dude   what
19:59   Dude   WHAT
20:00   Toby_   your a wolf, aha
20:00   Dude   ...
20:00   Dude   What
20:00   Dude   No I'm not
20:00      *** Toby_ is now known as Boy
20:00   Boy   Said in my role pm -.-
20:01   Dude   ...
20:01   Dude   oboy
20:01   Dude   Well that was easy
20:01   Boy   U passed the test
20:01   Boy   gj
20:01   Dude   I got one wolf
20:01   Boy   lol
20:01   Boy   (Y)
20:01   Dude   posting in thread
20:01   Boy   ok

WHAT IS THIS

I dont think, that Dude would wolf TBWCW after this exchange, It doesnt make sense to wolf a possible lynch target like that, this early in the game.(of course there are 3 other wolves... but unless there is some unknown meta that i dont know about)

Bird, A suspicion list is good as it can give ideas as to who is teaming with who, and will be great in terms of determining who are wolves when it comes to the end game.
In my (short) experience though, They dont tend to be necesarily useful
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Yugi

Well since it doesn't matter who I vote for I will vote for bird

BlackDragonSlayer

All right all you silly little peasants whom we call citizens! Since this is the first day, I shall grant you the luxury of my decision to ask you your opinions on who you think should be lynched. There are multiple reasons for this, including the fact that I want to keep you distracted so you don't join the coup and just maybe see what you all think of other people.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Sorry in advance for my mild inactiveness. The hockey world championships really take a lot of my after-school free time.

I'm kinda with FSM, TZP(Yes, I'm voting already, since it doesn't matter that much because of the King) since I did find his plan a little

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on May 14, 2013, 03:42:07 PMSending my claim in now.
Quote from: Bird on May 14, 2013, 03:23:04 PMOnce we've seen everybody post, and it's clear that there have been no counterclaims, we can start claiming to him.
Blind trust or good foreseeing that no one isn't going to counterclaim the King. The blind trust part could indicate that he's the prince who wanted to seem a regular human, so the wolves wouldn't suspect his identity. I'm most likely overthinking this, but I think TBWCW would have had the most chance of being a special of all players, and that's why he was wolfed, in my respective opinion.

Also BDS plz don't do some paranoid lynches alone, like you would have done in the previous game if there would have been "King". Thx in advance.

MaestroUGC

Please be sure to forward all PMs and chatlogs to me. If you don't I will bring down the mighty wrath of God and murder the nearest video game console to you.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 16, 2013, 12:21:04 AMAlso BDS plz don't do some paranoid lynches alone, like you would have done in the previous game if there would have been "King". Thx in advance.
The difference with last game is that I didn't know who everybody was (and only late in the game did I actually know several of the peoples' identities). :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

Quote from: Yugi on May 15, 2013, 03:01:39 AMNo, Guardian should protect BDS, but not claim to him until day 1, if BDS is a wolf, the guardian falls.
For some strange reason, this quote is bugging me more than it should... Cant put my finger on it...
And then i see something like this
Quote from: Yugi on May 15, 2013, 10:03:34 PMWell since it doesn't matter who I vote for I will vote for bird
Another post that shows some... whats the word... Anyway, That vote (the reasoning behind it) and that quote, along with general play, gives me that feeling that yugi is... whats the phrase, coasting, letting it easy... In short his behaviours wolvish, And that in itself Warrants a vote for Yugi

And just out of curiosity...
What was all the "Im not the king" about... all of a sudden, we suddenly claimed not the king... I still dont get why... if people were going to cc... Why didnt we just wait for the counter? but no, we had to eliminate the idea of having "possible ccs". I just dont get the play behind it. all it creates is parrots parroting the same thing, and nothing really productive... And gives wolves an excuse to hide under something... Mind you... the person who started the whole thing...

Quote from: Liggy on May 14, 2013, 04:29:08 PMNot King and not inactive.
Im watching you...
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Greg

What.
The whole "not the king" thing served to make sure that BDS was really the king. That doesn't make anyone suspicious.

Anyway, safety on Liggy. I'll put up a full suspicion list later but TZP is on top, though not by much.

Dude

Dude

I'll be in the chat if anyone wants to talk.

vermilionvermin

I don't understand why people think TZP's a wolf.  I guess you could say that the plan he came up with regarding revealing names doesn't make sense from a human perspective, but I think it probably makes more sense coming from a human than from a wolf.  If he's a human he wanted to see the lynch to have more information to decide the lynch.  If he's a wolf, people are saying that he wanted to find out the specials, but I don't really see how the wolves would go about that.  I think there are arguments both ways about specials being people who claimed or being people who didn't claim.

Suspicion list will go up later tonight.