News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Chordal Analysis- HELP ASAP PLEASE!!

Started by K-NiGhT, May 09, 2013, 06:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Hey, all. I have a 24 hour chordal analysis due in about 12 hours. Problem is, it's FREAKIN IMPOSSIBLE. Can someone help? here is the piece.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

JDMEK5

Wait, you have to tell the chords by ear? I'm fantastic at visual analysis, but it takes time for me to do the same by ear..

Just in case, I'm going to give you what's most likely the chording for your "Contrapunctus":
Measures 1-2 - D minor
Measure 3, beat 1 - A major
Measure 3, beat 3 - D minor
Measure 3, beat 4 - either A major or A minor. No way to tell between the two.
Measure 4, beat 1 - F major, D minor, or Bb major. Again, no way to distinguish.
Measure 4, beat 4 - Any one of the above.
Measure 4, beat 4.5 - This is probably a perfect cadence, so most likely A major. Technically it could be A minor but that would not only be breaking the rules of cadences, but it also contradicts the musical style most exam/test material is written on.

Now I know that probably wasn't what you needed, but I put it there in the off chance that I'm wrong.
My internet browser isn't letting me hear the excerpt. Hopefully someone else will swing by..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Jompa

I'm just being stupid, but what exactly are you supposed to do?
Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

I believe he's supposed to tell the chords from the audio thing-a-ma-bobber near the bottom of the page.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

I'm not sure what it is... I think it's some kind of little audio thing built onto the page. Safari's been retarded recently and won't play midis for me. What always happens with the midis is happening with said audio thing. That's what's leading me to think what I think.

But honestly I think K-night's 12 hours are up. KLAFJGHLKJDFGAKJDFGKAJFDVLAJKGLJAHDJBALDFVBLAJKDF!!!

My Arrangements

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

^What he said. (in a completely sober manner; don't get me wrong)

My Arrangements