News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG LIII - All the King's Men Player Recruitment Station

Started by MaestroUGC, May 08, 2013, 09:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

TWG LIII – All the King's Men
War! There is great civil unrest, and a conspiracy has been uncovered to kill the King. A coup has been staged, and it is your job to find the conspirators and bring them to justice. Most of the movement has been apprehended, but 4 of the conspirators have gone undetected and they are capable of acting out their intentions.

- The King has Full Authority, only the one who "Wears the Crown" is allowed to lynch somebody.
 - The one in Power sends the Host a PM with His/Her choice.
 - The Public (All players excluding the King and the Prince [Royalty]) can opt to Veto the Crown Bearer's choice through Public Vote.
 - Vetos requires a 2/3 majority vote for success. This is counted for total possible vote count. The King and Prince cannot vote. Game start: 2/3=10 votes out of 15 total.
 - The King and Prince know each other. All of the wolves know each other.
 - State of Powers is as follows: King>Prince>Council>Public Vote
 - The Public Vote functions like normal voting. One lynch per day, wolfings occur as normal.
 - There will be an announcement each time the Crown moves, or when the game enters into Public Voting. It will not be announced on which player the Crown sits.
 - Wolves win when their numbers equal the humans. Humans win when all of the wolves are dead.

16 Players:
Rebels:
Prince of Shadows – Master Wolf, the mastermind behind the movement.
2 Conspirators – 2 soldiers dedicated to the movement.
The King's Council – A traitor; if he is killed, one name of a conspirator will be announced (Prince of Shadow's name is last on the list for reveal). If he dies while in power then the lynching will revert to a Public Vote.

Humans:
The King – Our sovereign leader, if he dies power goes to the Prince. No Voting Power.
The Prince – Next in line for the throne, if both the King and Prince Die, the Charismatic Wolf assumes Power. No Voting Power.
Prime Minister – Has double voting power.
The Royal Guard – Guardian
8 Citizens – People loyal to the King

There is no seer, so the colors are mainly for show/makes it easier to tell the roles apart. I'll clear up the language later, since I'm big on theming I plan on using terms and phrases when posting updates and the like.

Players:
1. Black Dragon Slayer, Smith
2. Yugi, Unemployed
3. fank009, Cobbler
4. The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Rancher
5. FSM-Reapr, Electrician
6. The ZeldaPianist275, Baker
7. gzgregory, Carpenter
8. Dude, Dancer
9. Bird, Pilot
10. Waddle Bro, Veterinarian
11. Bubbles, Chef
12. Mashi, Teacher
13. wolf, Farmer
14. Vermilionvermin, Lawyer
15. Thiannon, Sheriff
16. Liggy, Doctor

Retainers:
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Yugi

why am i unemployed im a legit richer than you plebs

fank009

I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

FSM-Reapr

Might as well. In, because bolding is too mainstream.

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Thiannon

Sounds neat, Maestro, but I have a few questions. First, what's a "State of Panic"? Second, what do you mean when you say a Public Vote is "acted through the Prime Minister"? Third, what does the "state of powers" represent, exactly? Finally, how do vetoes work? Do players have to actually vote to veto, or do they just vote, and if two thirds of the non-royalty players vote for a player, that player is lynched in place of the King/Prince/Charismatic Wolf? You said the King and Prince can't vote in a veto, but I'm assuming they can vote but their votes simply won't count for veto purposes (so that they're still able to hide their identities if they so choose).

Also, does the crown move to a fourth person if the Charismatic Wolf is killed while wearing it? Can the guardian guard himself? You also might want to change "Master Wolf" in your structure to "Prince of Shadows" so as not to confuse anyone.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

FSM-Reapr

The Prince of Shadows should be "The King's Denied Daughter" ::)

Greg

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Thiannon on May 09, 2013, 03:46:14 AMSounds neat, Maestro, but I have a few questions. First, what's a "State of Panic"?
State of Panic was removed from the final version of the game. It is now a Public Vote which is just normal voting procedures for lynches.

Quote from: Thiannon on May 09, 2013, 03:46:14 AMSecond, what do you mean when you say a Public Vote is "acted through the Prime Minister"?
This too was excised from the final version.

Quote from: Thiannon on May 09, 2013, 03:46:14 AMThird, what does the "state of powers" represent, exactly?
It's how people can tell how well they're doing. First the King gets the Power to control the lynches, then the Prince, Etc. The Veto is the only exception to override their decision.

Quote from: Thiannon on May 09, 2013, 03:46:14 AMFinally, how do vetoes work? Do players have to actually vote to veto, or do they just vote, and if two thirds of the non-royalty players vote for a player, that player is lynched in place of the King/Prince/Charismatic Wolf? You said the King and Prince can't vote in a veto, but I'm assuming they can vote but their votes simply won't count for veto purposes (so that they're still able to hide their identities if they so choose).
Correct. Consider the veto to be a more precise version of an Insta.

Quote from: Thiannon on May 09, 2013, 03:46:14 AMAlso, does the crown move to a fourth person if the Charismatic Wolf is killed while wearing it
No.

Quote from: Thiannon on May 09, 2013, 03:46:14 AMCan the guardian guard himself?
Yes.

Quote from: Thiannon on May 09, 2013, 03:46:14 AMYou also might want to change "Master Wolf" in your structure to "Prince of Shadows" so as not to confuse anyone.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.