News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG 53: Potential Host Ultimate Showdown

Started by Bird, May 04, 2013, 04:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick the next TWG and host!

TWG: The Musical - Yugi
4 (21.1%)
TWG: Game of Wolves - Bird
6 (31.6%)
TWG: All the King's Men - MaestroUGC
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: May 08, 2013, 07:59:52 PM

MaestroUGC

There's no real way to enforce that without locking the accounts during the votes. The only way to do that is to change the passwords so people can't access the accounts, and since the current game is still in session TWC can't do that.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

blueflower999

Or we could watch the "Number of votes cast" for each statistic, and if it's 1 or more, we know that someone cheated.

And don't vote in polls elsewhere around the forums either, obviously.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, I can't really see that being a problem.  People here are generally trustworthy.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: blueflower999 on May 06, 2013, 01:49:28 PMOr we could watch the "Number of votes cast" for each statistic, and if it's 1 or more, we know that someone cheated.

And don't vote in polls elsewhere around the forums either, obviously.
I was already working on the list when you said that!

NOTE: Everyone else but TWG Fox hasn't voted. He has casted 2 votes. I'm highly disappointed in you TWG Fox, for ruining the perfect 0-streak!!!

MaestroUGC

He probably voted somewhere without realizing he wasn't on his main account.

TWG Fox

Quote from: MaestroUGC on May 06, 2013, 02:06:38 PMHe probably voted somewhere without realizing he wasn't on his main account.
Yeah, I voted for Dusk's arrangement thread on accident
http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4383.0

but I'm still trying to find the other topic.

edit: found it
http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=5216.0

(sorry for posting here, but I thought you'd like to know)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 06, 2013, 02:08:32 PMYeah, I voted for Dusk's arrangement thread on accident
http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4383.0

but I'm still trying to find the other topic.

edit: found it
http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=5216.0

(sorry for posting here, but I thought you'd like to know)
Sure, on "accident." ::)

:P I would think that the account picture might make it easy to tell your accounts apart... unless you're just in a rush. Or your pictures are similar...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

It's only going to be a problem for polls that are up while anonymous games are taking place. And I don't suspect they'll be super frequent (after the initial burst of them anyway, I suspect the novelty has already worn off on a lot of players).

But hopefully anybody who cheats in one direction will be counteracted by another player cheating in the other!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

MaestroUGC

Oh, hey, Bird, could you be so kind as to update my game in the OP to reflect the changes I made?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on May 06, 2013, 01:58:52 PMYeah, I can't really see that being a problem.  People here are generally trustworthy.

To be cynical, I could see some people such as Yugi voting twice for their own game. Again we'll just have to hope no one cheats.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FSM-Reapr

Bird

If anybody has multiple accounts, they can easily use them to stack the ballot. On another forum, we do hosting polls by having everybody PM their choices to the TWC to prevent stuff like that from happening.

But every time we bring up alternate methods of picking hosts, nobody seems to care! (Of course, maybe the alternate accounts are fixing that poll as well.)

Maestro: Done.

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 06, 2013, 03:03:52 PMTo be cynical, I could see some people such as Yugi voting twice for their own game. Again we'll just have to hope no one cheats.
I wouldn't do that.

I have some honor in me.

Bird

Yugi

i want game of wolves to win and yugi to be the host