News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG LII: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by SlowPokemon, April 26, 2013, 07:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG Bowser

Did you expect him to not put up a fight?

TWG Link

1: Because it leaves us as the last two suspects.

2: While. Her actions merely helped to supplement my suspicion.

3: As does mine.

5: And because I felt he didn't have an adequate defense, especially after he didn't answer the questions until after Waluigi died (the Waluigi wolfing might been meant to frame DK).

--
1: You didn't say a thing. You just let me do the talking (which, oddly enough, coincides with what I said about "laying low and letting the other person trip up").

2: It wouldn't be effective later, because then you'd be in suspicion for doing such an odd move, after you made it clear that you preferred to lynch Luigi over Pikachu.
--
As you can see from my "suspicious suspicion list" near the bottom of page 13, TWG Fox was at the top of my suspicion list. I've been suspicious of him for much of the game, which would give me (if I were a wolf) perfectly valid reasons to vote for him, and would make me seem human-like. If I wolfed my top suspicion, I'd have nobody to accuse without seeming like a wolf.

Quote from: TWG Luigi on May 11, 2013, 08:20:08 PMahh why did i say that

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 11, 2013, 08:24:16 PMDid you expect him to not put up a fight?
You are putting up a fight as well, may I remind you.

TWG Bowser

1. Yes.

2. Well I believe it's painfully clear that she was a human.

3. No it doesn't. You replied "as does many things" and left it at that. You basically implied that you agreed that you did suspicious things.

5. You didn't say that though. You voted for him after his defense was posted and said "because I don't think Falcon was a wolf" and left it at that.
--
1. I didn't need to say anything. Those screen shots only served to absolved Luigi, which meant that it left you in the end.

2. I was talking about what Fox did.
--
Yes, but if you left him alive you'd have to prove to me or Luigi that he was a wolf. You've never convinced me of anything all game.

TWG Link

2: I don't think so.

3: Not at all; I said merely said that doing that things that I did would be terribly foolish for a wolf, as they would draw unnecessary attention (and with it, suspicious) to the player (in this case, me).

5: Yes, AFTER his defense was posted.
--
1: You and I. I was the only one who responded, because I thought Fox was using the screenshots merely to divert attention away from himself, because I was suspicious of Fox.

2: But I wasn't in the point before you posted what you said.
--
It would doubtlessly be easier than convincing YOU AND LUIGI that I'm not a wolf, when I have 0% of a clue who I think is the wolf (before the screenshots).

TWG Link

Correction:
3: Not at all; I merely said that doing that things that I did would be terribly foolish for a wolf, as they would draw unnecessary attention (and with it, suspicion) to the player (in this case, me).

TWG Bowser

3. It's not unheard of for a wolf to behave in such a way as to make it seem like he's human, since people generally assume "a wolf would never do that".

5. His defense was poor, and people started voting for him. You followed suit to seem human.
--
1. That's the thing, I had no reason to suspect Fox at that point, plus why would he go out of his way to also save Luigi if he was a wolf?

2. What are you referring to. I never said that about you.
--
Not really, I was already suspicious of Luigi.

TWG Link

3: Yes, but it would also be dangerous, especially if the person exhibits distinctly wolf-like traits, such as you claim.

5: BECAUSE HIS DEFENSE WAS POOR. YOU SAID IT YOURSELF. (bold, italic, underlined for EMPHASIS) If I hadn't voted for DK, it would also seem suspicious, because "I'm not voting for the 'obvious wolf,'" or whatever you'd probably say if the situation were different.
--
1: Hrrm, well, maybe because it clears himself as well and puts us as the only two suspects left? As I said, I was suspicious of Fox earlier.

2: I said:
Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 08:07:49 PM2: ??? It wouldn't make sense for you to vote for Pikachu when you had already given reasons why you were voting for Luigi.
And you responded:
Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 11, 2013, 08:14:45 PM2. Wolf-like, maybe, but a rather effective move at that point. The fact that he was vindicated speaks volumes about his intentions.
--
But you seemed to imply earlier that I was more suspicious (at least more than Fox), especially since lynching two inactives in a row so late in the game is rarely a good idea unless you have sufficient evidence against them.

TWG Bowser

3. These "distinctly wolf-like traits", that you say I claimed are what you did throughout the game. You didn't just start throwing your hands up saying "Look at me!", it was a process that evolved over the course in the game, manifesting here.

5. Yes, but practically everybody else claimed something about it that they didn't like while voting for him. You just said "If not Wlauigi, then DK"
--
1. But why would he clear the easy option? What you're saying makes no sense if we assumed him to be a wolf at the time. You've been arguing that there are easier options to take as a wolf at this point, so why would Fox make it harder for himself?

2. I was referring to how Fox's actions may have been wolf-like, but how he did it doesn't make sense if he was a wolf. In addition to the fact that he was vindicated through his death.
--
I did say that earlier, because I think lynching inactives amounts to an excuse not to think. By this point, however, the evidence was pointing to an inactive player. Now it points to you. And I always thought you were more suspicious than Fox, but there were other players who, at the time, seemed more suspicious.

TWG Link

3: See; that's my point. If I were a wolf, it would be so foolish in the long run to act crazily suspicious throughout the entire game. The "discussion" with TWG Falcon was just the beginning, but still a part.

5: Falcon, not Waluigi (you're thinking of the suspicion list where I said "not sure between him and Waluigi" near the beginning of Day Two). Because DK was one of the people who got Falcon lynched. If DK is a wolf, Falcon is not, and the other way around. They both can't be wolves.
--
1: Because you and I posted after the phase ended, so obviously, we were online; he couldn't have cleared us. Assuming him to be a wolf at the time, if he only cleared himself, he would leave too wide a group (3 out of the 4 players at the time), which I think would make it quite clear that he was just trying to push suspicion away from himself... not to mention the fact that Luigi wasn't exactly too active at that point either, which makes him easier to clear... off course, that's assuming that Fox was a wolf, which he wasn't.

2: But I wasn't talking about Fox at that point. I was talking about you. But, if you insist: it's obvious that his WOLFING would vindicate him, but I was still suspicious of him before that point. I don't see what you're trying to say, aside from the obvious.
--
It would be highly illogical to lynch another inactive especially after we just lynched one. Recall how I said, after the end of Day Four:
Quote from: TWG Link on May 09, 2013, 07:52:45 PMAt least we know that there's only one wolf left. TWG Fox, perhaps??

Though, if you had voted (assuming the KiTB went in our favor), we could be 100% certain.
And you said:
Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 09, 2013, 07:57:18 PMYeah, well let's try to bring this to a swift end.
Which slightly implies that you're saying: "Yeah, Fox could be a wolf," while not directly stating anything but a general agreement.

TWG Bowser

3. Never said you acted "crazily suspicious", just a few things didn't add up for me.

5. Sure they can. It's not unusual for a wolf to lead the lynch against another wolf, especially one, such as Falcon, who basically put his foot in his mouth from the start.
--
1. Not necessarily, it would've also appeared like he just didn't want to be lynched wrongly. It actually narrows down the playing field for this final lynch.

2. Repeat your point, because I must've missed it.
--
Of course you would say that Fox was a wolf. You had been saying that all game. It was really you biggest characteristic throughout the game. Plus I was replying to the second half of your comment, not the first.

TWG Link

3: Let me rephrase that: "Crazily drawing attention to myself through repeated discussions, which many feel to be unnecessary."

5: I didn't think that Falcon did much to be considered a wolf, especially so early... remember that only two people voted for Falcon...
--
1: But what reason would he have to be offline, especially when:
a. He's posting a screenshot for information that could potentially be helpful.
b. Assuming nobody checked his profile and took a screenshot right before he got online, it would be completely unverifiable. This is assuming, off course, that he was a wolf, which he's not.

2:
Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 08:07:49 PM2: ??? It wouldn't make sense for you to vote for Pikachu when you had already given reasons why you were voting for Luigi.
I also think that you're STALLING.
--
Aaaaaaand, if I wolfed Fox, it would give me nobody to accuse as a wolf, and nothing to defend my humanity with. See the logic in that action? I don't!!!

TWG Bowser

3. I never said it was crazy, that an adjective you decided to use. And you did it repeatedly because you needed to prove something for your own sake, since you essentially had to pick up the slack for the whole wolf team.

5. His initial accusations were really random and seemed to want to drive suspicion early in the game towards other players.
--
1a. That's exactly the reason he would have to be offline, so that way he could prove he's innocent.
1b. It's a pretty safe assumption that people wouldn't have screen shot his profile since that most people don't even think about screen shooting time stamps of when players are active. The only player to do that in this game was Fox himself.

2. No, it wouldn't have made since for me to vote for Pikachu. Which is why I was going to vote for Luigi.
--
It would've given you Luigi and myself to accuse, and since I was already against Luigi half of your argument was already made. Fox's screen shots, however, prevented you from doing so, instead forcing you to try and prove I'm a wolf.

TWG Link

3: I never said that you said that; I was rephrasing the term I used. And, no; your assumption is false: I did it because I felt as if I had a point to prove, especially about TWG Samus. Being a fool /= "picking up slack for the whole wolf team."

5: I believe that I was the one who pointed out that he was driving suspicions to other people.
--
1a. But if he were a wolf, and faking the screenshot, he wouldn't be online. If he were the only one who was validated by the screenshot, that would be awfully suspicious (remember that this is theoretical).
1b: That's my point: nobody else could verify it if he only took a screenshot of his own profile to clear only himself. Which is why, IF he had been a wolf, he would've taken Luigi's as well... to prove his authenticity.

2: YES. That's exactly what I said; if you had voted for Pikachu instead of Luigi, it would've appeared out of place based on what you had said previously.
--
But I'd have no significant reasons to go after Luigi or you, since Fox was my primary suspicion (remember what I said). At that point, after an inactive had already been lynched, I doubted that Luigi would be the wolf. It would appear out of place if I voted for either one of you- yet, you two would have reasons against ME, and I couldn't prove that anybody else would be a wolf.
Even if Fox hadn't posted the screenshots, I wouldn't have been able to go after either of you without appearing extremely wolfish.

Unless I get on one more time, this will probably be my last post tonight.

TWG Link

Also: this is what our duel reminds me of. ;D

TWG Bowser

3. Fair enough, but Samus was a human. Why do you still insist on saying otherwise.

5. which still doesn't change the fact that wolves would still vote off their own to make sure they appear human.
--
1a. Not really since he pulled the stunt earlier. Also, stop debating theoretical scenarios.
1b. You also have to consider that he didn't even need to do it. His doing so was to narrow down suspects depending on how the wolfing went. It was an equal chance to backfire had their been no wolfing.
--
Yes, Fox was you primary suspicion, as you keep saying over and over. You doubted Luigi could be the wolf following the Pikachu lynch, why? The only thing that would go against him at this point is the sudden burst of activity so late in the game, after an otherwise inactive performance. How would it have been out of place to vote for one of us if that's the point of the game? Fox would have every reason to vote for you, and as you said, you can't prove anybody else would be a wolf, so you wolfed him to at least get a fighting chance.

Quote from: TWG Link on May 12, 2013, 12:27:09 AMEven if Fox hadn't posted the screenshots, I wouldn't have been able to go after either of you without appearing extremely wolfish.
Go figure.

Quote from: TWG Link on May 12, 2013, 12:29:14 AMAlso: this is what our duel reminds me of. ;D
Please don't compare me to that bloated pig-man. I'm burly, not fat.