News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG LII: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by SlowPokemon, April 26, 2013, 07:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG Fox

TWG Link

I am sorry for doubting you through the entire game. ;_;

TWG Bowser

You'd have every reason to wolf Fox, since because you would know you'd have to convince myself or Luigi (whichever one you left alive) that he was a wolf. And given the state of things presently that would've proven to be challenging considering you've made no secret that you two were essentially enemies throughout the game. It would've been harder to convince us that you weren't the wolf because of it. Fox would've most likely voted against you and it would've been up to you to convince the last player otherwise!

You probably assumed that Luigi was an easy choice to go after in the final lynch, since that was most likely what would've happened. However, Fox's screen caps practically absolved from any such activity. So that leaves you to try and make me out to be a wolf.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 11, 2013, 03:00:51 PMYou'd have every reason to wolf Fox, since because you would know you'd have to convince myself or Luigi (whichever one you left alive) that he was a wolf. And given the state of things presently that would've proven to be challenging considering you've made no secret that you two were essentially enemies throughout the game. It would've been harder to convince us that you weren't the wolf because of it. Fox would've most likely voted against you and it would've been up to you to convince the last player otherwise!

You probably assumed that Luigi was an easy choice to go after in the final lynch, since that was most likely what would've happened. However, Fox's screen caps practically absolved from any such activity. So that leaves you to try and make me out to be a wolf.
Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 01:38:27 PMI would have no reason to wolf TWG Fox, especially when I could lynch him so easily, if I questioned the validity of the screenshots (and made it seem as if they were, in fact, fake, since he had no other witnesses). With you alive, we could easily have outvoted TWG Fox.
All I would have to do is provide reasonable doubt that the screenshots are fake, as well as other pieces of evidence throughout the game (e.g. his vote for Pikachu; discussion about whether or not TWG Samus was a wolf).
It would've been harder for Fox to convince you (since I would've wolfed Luigi) that I was a wolf, especially since:
a. I assume that you were, earlier more suspicious of Fox than me??
b. Fox's screenshots also applied to you.

I don't see how wolfing Fox instead of Luigi would make it any easier to convince the remaining two players; if anything, it would only provide more of a barrier, as I would have to convince Luigi that YOU were a wolf (which, oddly enough, I'm doing now anyway), since it would be a lot harder to convince you that Luigi was a wolf, especially because 'Fox and I were enemies'.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 03:10:32 PMa. I assume that you were, earlier, more suspicious of Fox than me??
Fixed.

Especially because you disagreed with Fox when it came to the Pikachu vs. Luigi lynch.

TWG Bowser

I disagreed with Fox of the lynch, yes, but I was surer of his humanity than I was of yours.

TWG Link

Also:
Why would I say this, or anything I said during that time, if I knew that TWG Fox would be wolfed...?
All of your statements would be true if I didn't have a brain... you're implying that I would do actions which only a foolish wolf would think of doing. My logic might not be the easiest to follow for many people, but it DOES make sense (if that statement makes sense in the first place)... :|

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 11, 2013, 03:16:09 PMI disagreed with Fox of the lynch, yes, but I was surer of his humanity than I was of yours.
That silly chat doesn't allow me to access information beyond a certain point. BAH. I can't find that thing that you said, which I was looking for, in which we were talking about Fox.

TWG Bowser

To keep up appearances. To most important tool a Wolf has is the guise of ignorance.

Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 03:22:30 PMMy logic might not be the easiest to follow for many people, but it DOES make sense (if that statement makes sense in the first place)... :|

If your logic isn't easy to follow, then it isn't logic. You're just making leaps until you reach a conclusion that fits, rather than thinking it out step-by-step. If people can't follow you, then you haven't proved you're right.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 11, 2013, 03:27:19 PMTo keep up appearances. To most important tool a Wolf has is the guise of ignorance.

If your logic isn't easy to follow, then it isn't logic. You're just making leaps until you reach a conclusion that fits, rather than thinking it out step-by-step. If people can't follow you, then you haven't proved you're right.
But it would be pointless and dangerous to do if I were a wolf; it would provide nothing beneficial, especially since Fox was the one wolfed (e.g. it would be better to stay offline until the update, and let everybody else "trip up").

Logic, definition(s):
1. A method of human thought that involves thinking in a linear, step-by-step manner about how a problem can be solved. Logic is the basis of many principles including the scientific method.
5. Any system of thought, whether rigorous and productive or not, especially one associated with a particular person. Example sentence: It's hard to work out his system of logic.

TWG Bowser

Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 03:35:37 PMBut it would be pointless and dangerous to do if I were a wolf; it would provide nothing beneficial, especially since Fox was the one wolfed (e.g. it would be better to stay offline until the update, and let everybody else "trip up").

But you didn't, hindsight being 20/20.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 11, 2013, 03:44:30 PMBut you didn't, hindsight being 20/20.
???
Your statement makes no sense in regard to what I said (which is: why would I put myself in the line of fire after Fox revealed the screenshots). If I were the wolf, and thus knew that Fox was going to be wolfed, there would be no reason to do something completely unnecessary, especially since I could use the screenshots to MY advantage (e.g. saying using the fact that the screenshots also apply to YOU to my advantage).

TWG Bowser

Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 03:48:32 PMIf I were the wolf, and thus knew that Fox was going to be wolfed, there would be no reason to do something completely unnecessary, especially since I could use the screenshots to MY advantage (e.g. saying using the fact that the screenshots also apply to YOU to my advantage).

Yes, but those screenshots didn't even come up until after the end of the phase, after sending in a wolfing would be possible. Fox basically had an ace up his sleeve and now you have to live with it.

And you have said that:
Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 03:10:32 PMb. Fox's screenshots also applied to you.
Of course I've never made it a secret that I've been online for a majority of the game. I was also constantly in the chat, as you could check with me constantly logging in every few hours.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 11, 2013, 03:54:55 PMYes, but those screenshots didn't even come up until after the end of the phase, after sending in a wolfing would be possible. Fox basically had an ace up his sleeve and now you have to live with it.
Your statement makes no sense in regard to what I said: I'm not talking about the wolfing. I'm talking about why I would charge out their and debate the validity of the screenshots when there's an easier and/or smarter alternative.

QuoteAnd you have said that:
Quote from: TWG Link on May 11, 2013, 03:10:32 PMb. Fox's screenshots also applied to you.
Of course I've never made it a secret that I've been online for a majority of the game. I was also constantly in the chat, as you could check with me constantly logging in every few hours.
That's what I'm saying: apparently, we were the only two people who checked in during the night phase (which leaves only us two as the possible wolf).

TWG Link

Also, as an extension of the first paragraph:
Wolfing TWG Fox would make no sense in the first place, even before the screenshots, if I could demonstrate that he could be a wolf. The screenshots would only add to that (e.g. saying that they're faked screenshots would provide more "evidence").
Because Fox and I have been "enemies," it would make sense for me to want to lynch him, since I had a few reasons against his humanity.

TWG Bowser

Yes, but he has actually made better arguments, or rather ones that were more cohesive. Leaving him alive would've been far riskier than trying to convince Me or Luigi of the contrary.