News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG LII: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by SlowPokemon, April 26, 2013, 07:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG Fox

Quote from: TWG Link on May 05, 2013, 12:34:54 PMBlindly lashing out at another player when you're going to die isn't helping the human team at all.
Actually, it is if a human is in danger to get lynched. If a human is lynched instead of a human it doesn't help. But if a wolf is lynched instead of a human it helps. Psychologically from what I've seen on the thread, you seem to be under the impression that you believe DK is a human without a doubt being a wolf.

TWG Fox

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 05, 2013, 12:46:14 PMPsychologically from what I've seen on the thread, you seem to be under the impression that you believe DK is a human without a doubt being a wolf or that Samus was a wolf without a chance being a human.
Fix'd.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 05, 2013, 12:38:52 PMOk, I'm listening.
Since apparently you don't want to look through my 40+ posts; I understand... Here are a few quotes and/or statements that summarize it:
Quote from: TWG Link on April 30, 2013, 07:29:35 PM2. TWG Samus: I get a bad feeling about TWG Samus.
Quote from: TWG Samus on April 30, 2013, 08:25:18 PMThe wolves knew each other in the host sign up thread, so I'm assuming they do in the game too.

Quote from: TWG DK on April 30, 2013, 08:06:49 PMWhat do you mean by this, O savior of Hyrule?  Unless the wolves wolfed themselves, the probability of which is exceedingly low, our beloved plumber is certainly a human.

I like this statement not one bit.  Hence, I move one eye off Waluigi and onto you.
I thought that was a little weird too

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 05, 2013, 12:46:14 PMActually, it is if a human is in danger to get lynched. If a human is lynched instead of a human it doesn't help. But if a wolf is lynched instead of a human it helps.
You're completely missing the point: All it is (at least in "normal" situations) would be killing another human (another productive human).
I said, and have said earlier, that I'm not entirely certain about TWG DK, but TWG Samus had little to no reasons to vote for him, at least so close to the end of the phase. What I'm saying is that a human probably would have voted for TWG DK earlier, in an attempt to actually get something productive done, instead of merely being spiteful, which was all the vote appeared to be, under current circumstances. What TWG Samus did is not just an attempt to stay alive (or course, a wolf might try to "stay alive" too, in the same situation).

QuotePsychologically from what I've seen on the thread, you seem to be under the impression that you believe DK is a human without a doubt being a wolf or that Samus was a wolf without a chance being a human.
About DK: Not entirely. There's just not enough at DK to draw a definitive conclusion.
About Samus: Samus has shown, based on his/her actions, that there isn't much reason to believe that he/she (not sure which to use!!) is a human (in addition to my wariness).

TWG Bowser

Your highlighted quotes only prove that you don't want to believe that Samus is a human, and you haven't provided much evidence for her being a wolf other than her voting for DK as a last ditch effort to stay alive.

Plenty of people vote with little to no reason behind it. Saying that Samus is a wolf because she voted for a prominent player only means she didn't trust him. Also, she did voice her reasons against DK:

QuoteTWG Bowser: I'll come back later.
TWG Bowser: I have important thing to do.
TWG Samus: Important thing to do
TWG Samus: when the phase ends in less than an hour
TWG Samus: Hes ignoring me :/
TWG Samus: Waluigi, I'm not so sure i can say DK is as fabulous as you anymore
TWG Samus: are both of you really dissapearing
TWG Samus: waluigi i am dissapoint
TWG Waluigi: I apologize, I was momentarily taken.
TWG Waluigi: And there's no ping here.
TWG Waluigi: Anyhow, time to go out of character and just type normally.
TWG Waluigi: What evidence is there of your humanity???
TWG Samus: I just made a really big post
TWG Samus: :P
TWG Samus: and there is none
TWG Samus: Honestly, I would suspect myself if I wasnt myself
TWG Samus: I did push for a Falcon lynch, which I regret now
TWG Samus: But the reasons that DK and Yoshi are pointing out arent the reasons to suspect me
TWG Waluigi: Yeah, I agree.
TWG Waluigi: I'm suspicious of DK because he suspects you.
TWG Waluigi: His reasoning seems too off to be a legitimate suspicion.
TWG Waluigi: Oh, you even mentioned that a bit in your post.
TWG Waluigi: A+
TWG Samus: Woo
TWG Samus: Im getting good at twg
TWG Samus: Im tired now
TWG Samus: and hes not answering
TWG Samus: and its making me maddd
TWG Samus: WAIT
TWG Samus: YOU AGREE WITH ME
TWG Samus: THAT MEANS YOURE BANDWAGONING
TWG Samus: NUUUU
TWG Samus: WUFFWUFF
TWG Waluigi: :o
TWG Waluigi: u cawt mii
TWG Waluigi: :(
TWG Samus: but seriously im going to be really pissed if i get lynched
TWG Samus: youre the only one who is thinking logically
TWG Samus: and everyone suspects you for god knows why
TWG Samus: ahh i gotta go
TWG Waluigi: Byeee.
TWG Samus joined the chat 2 days ago
TWG Samus: omg twg is very frustrating
TWG Samus: i just
TWG Samus: ajsomicfwepuifimasojyv
TWG Samus: Waluigi
TWG Samus: win this for me
TWG Samus: ok buddy?
TWG Samus: Im going to flip on dk in the post game XD
TWG Samus: yay im dead

The wonderful thing about chatzy is that it saves everything from the moment the room is created. Source.

TWG Fox

Quote from: TWG Link on May 05, 2013, 01:01:28 PMYou're completely missing the point: All it is (at least in "normal" situations) would be killing another human (another productive human).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief_bias
i couldn't find the simple wikipedia link for you so this will have to do

You need to make room in your head for the thought that Samus could've been a human. This is the reason why you don't get the logic. Your point doesn't match the reality, since you can't confirm that the "another human" is a human!

Killing a what seems to be a helpful human but could just as easily be a wolf is a better option than giving up and let a yourself, a confirmed human die. Besides, who says Samus could have not been as helpful as DK, maybe even more? You need to face the fact that your beliefs have holes in them!

TWG DK

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 05, 2013, 11:45:26 AMTWG DK - You are an ape that is full of eloquence, a plethora of words all signifying nothing.
This is incredibly fallacious.  My words, if anything, communicate more because of their eloquence.  Besides, I cannot help my dexterous words.  All apes speak like this; if there was a TWG Diddy Kong, you would certainly see.

Quote from: TWG Bowser on Today at 12:45:26 PM
but you wait until after both people who really wanted it have died.   The two people who would stand to gain the most from your argument, whether it be accepting your humanity or fighting your wolfism.
I have already answered to this.  But I am curious: how would Waluigi have gained more from my argument than anyone else?  Most players here think that he was wary and heavily suspicious of me; yet running through his posts, I cannot find a single attack on my uprightness.  Look for yourself if you desire.

You then proceed to argue "as if she still lived" in an attempt to give yourself some credence. You do this to make it seem like your argument is genuine to what you claim it to be.

...would you rather I express my argument and make it seem like it is not genuine?  The real-life player controlling me is actually in the process of chuckling at your circular reasoning.

You then "lose evidence" as calimed here:
This now gives you the liberty to argue with whatever you wish outside of any immediately checkable context.

This is utter foolishness.  If you are wise in the ways of Simple Machines Forums, O great and powerful Bowser, please teach me to double-layer quote.  I will be happy to re-post that, this time with the double quotes.

This just seems like an attempt to incriminate two players at once by providing a tenuous (1.Very weak) link between the two.

I was not attacking Yoshi.  I was attacking Samus for her passiveness to Yoshi.  If her purpose was indeed to further identify Yoshi's humanity, she could have worded it better.  It simply seemed like she was being nice to a new player.  And I know the meaning of tenuous, thank you very much.

Spiteful, maybe; but given that she specifically asked you for an argument and you didn't provide one when asked, and certainly not until after an unrelated party, who asked you to do the same, had died, seems to point to the fact that you are really avoiding any real arguments.
This is also a nice touch, because it gives you the liberty of never having to respond to any real arguments or criticisms against you in a timely fashion, letting you get away with murder and justifying it after the fact.

I cannot further convince you about this, Bowser.  You, however, should actually consider whether I be telling the truth.  It is really not that far-fetched.

Also, the fact that you placed a vote on me bothers me, since Fox had already stated that no one should vote so we aren't voterushed by the wolves.  It almost seems like you're trying to instigate a lynch to lure more people into voting and cause a voterush.  Because of this, Bowser is my top suspicion right now; I would be all for a lynch.

TWG Bowser

Fox said don't vote, yes. I however, will not be here before the end of the phase. I'll take your cue and just say I'm busy and leave it at that.

Waluigi could've gained from it primarily because he suspected you based on the fact that you didn't reply in time to Samus, and had promised him to do so.

You have 30 minutes to convince me that you are not a wolf and somebody else is. I'm in the chat, ready and willing to play.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 05, 2013, 01:28:30 PMhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belief_bias
i couldn't find the simple wikipedia link for you so this will have to do

You need to make room in your head for the thought that Samus could've been a human. This is the reason why you don't get the logic. Your point doesn't match the reality, since you can't confirm that the "another human" is a human!

Killing a what seems to be a helpful human but could just as easily be a wolf is a better option than giving up and let a yourself, a confirmed human die. Besides, who says Samus could have not been as helpful as DK, maybe even more? You need to face the fact that your beliefs have holes in them!
You know you just going in circles when my previous quote can still answer your question:
QuoteYou're completely missing the point: All it is (at least in "normal" situations) would be killing another human (another productive human).
I said, and have said earlier, that I'm not entirely certain about TWG DK, but TWG Samus had little to no reasons to vote for him, at least so close to the end of the phase. What I'm saying is that a human probably would have voted for TWG DK earlier, in an attempt to actually get something productive done, instead of merely being spiteful, which was all the vote appeared to be, under current circumstances. What TWG Samus did is not just an attempt to stay alive (or course, a wolf might try to "stay alive" too, in the same situation).
I could easily use the same "Belief Bias" argument on you and cause us to get absolutely nowhere. ^-^
My argument is no more "holey" than yours, especially since yours is based around the "100% chance" that TWG Samus was a human.

TWG DK

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 05, 2013, 02:03:15 PMFox said don't vote, yes. I however, will not be here before the end of the phase. I'll take your cue and just say I'm busy and leave it at that.

Waluigi could've gained from it primarily because he suspected you based on the fact that you didn't reply in time to Samus, and had promised him to do so.

True, but why would anyone else not gain from it every bit as much?

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 05, 2013, 02:03:15 PMYou have 30 minutes to convince me that you are not a wolf and somebody else is. I'm in the chat, ready and willing to play.

Sorry, friend.  I'm running a tight schedule.  I have things to do now.  Besides, at this point I think you'll lynch me regardless of what I say.  I'll try to make it on before the phase ends to check in.

TWG Bowser

Quote from: TWG DK on May 05, 2013, 02:21:41 PMTrue, but why would anyone else not gain from it every bit as much?
We all would've, I'm sure. But considering they wanted it from you, they were already forming an opinion to be either confirmed or denied.

TWG Bowser

Actually, DK when is the next time you think you'll be online. I want to get some sort of dialogue open between us.

TWG Fox

Tadaa bak with a computor

Quote from: TWG DK on May 05, 2013, 01:51:30 PMQuote from: TWG Bowser on Today at 12:45:26 PM
You then "lose evidence" as calimed here:
This now gives you the liberty to argue with whatever you wish outside of any immediately checkable context.

This is utter foolishness.  If you are wise in the ways of Simple Machines Forums, O great and powerful Bowser, please teach me to double-layer quote.  I will be happy to re-post that, this time with the double quotes.
well first you need to learn how to quote a single post

Holy shit I must have been insanely tired for forgetting this. I noticed a picture on my desktop a second ago. I seem to have had to use this evidence before now, but I guess it's better later than never.

These pictures are photographic evidence that DK was online 3 minutes after the phase ended. This very likely means he was waiting for the phase to end and not respond on purpose.

DK

Quote from: TWG Link on May 05, 2013, 02:07:48 PMYou know you just going in circles when my previous quote can still answer your question:I could easily use the same "Belief Bias" argument on you and cause us to get absolutely nowhere. ^-^
My argument is no more "holey" than yours, especially since yours is based around the "100% chance" that TWG Samus was a human.
I've got you now, bitch.

My argument can just as easily be pulled off Samus as a wolf. In the scenario I mentioned, Samus is a human, but she's the only one who knows that she's a human. The others have no idea. And this means no one else could say is she a human or not. Only Samus can.

SlowPokemon

I'd like to intervene and point out that there is no time zone in that picture.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TWG Fox

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 05, 2013, 02:42:27 PMThese pictures are photographic evidence that DK was online 6 minutes after the phase ended.
fix'd derp

I'll make a goddamn video in Youtube that shows my account settings and time zones and all these photographic material if I need to goddamnit that proves that I haven't changed them.

TWG DK

I certainly am glad I got on to double-check the end time.  Bowser, I am attending a concert tonight and will likely only be able to briefly pop in and out.  I apologize; perhaps on the drive there we can chat.

Fox, yes, that is accurate.  In case you didn't notice, however, I responded very shortly after the phase ended.  I was literally in the process of responding to Samus when I noticed the phase had ended.  I am sorry, but you simply cannot convict me based on when I was online.