News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG LII: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by SlowPokemon, April 26, 2013, 07:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG Fox

whoops I meant lynched

If you're a human, you should be doing anything that's possible to keep you alive. In a manhunt, anyone else dying is better than you dying. It's not suspicious.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 04, 2013, 02:24:16 PMwhoops I meant lynched

If you're a human, you should be doing anything that's possible to keep you alive. In a manhunt, anyone else dying is better than you dying. It's not suspicious.
Obvious, obvious; underlined statement is obvious! However, when it comes to lynching another potential (although I'm not too sure about TWG DK, I wasn't too sure about TWG Samus either) human (rather, merely voting for them) JUST for spite and trying to keep yourself alive, especially so close to the end of the phase, it eliminates the purpose of that.

TWG Fox

"yeah it's better I die instead of that unconfirmed guy he could be more useful to the human team"

My simple point is that it's better that a possible wolf dies instead of you, a human. You'd only hurt your team if you'd give up and let a possible wolf live!

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 04, 2013, 02:41:15 PM"yeah it's better I die instead of that unconfirmed guy he could be more useful to the human team"

My simple point is that it's better that a possible wolf dies instead of you, a human. You'd only hurt your team if you'd give up and let a possible wolf live!
But that's my point: TWG Samus, at least from what I believe, was/is more likely to be a wolf (though it's still possible that they're both wolves), meaning that the vote would have a different purpose.
For a human, it would be absolutely useless to cast a vote so late in the phase...

TWG Fox

Quote from: TWG Link on May 04, 2013, 03:05:57 PMBut that's my point: TWG Samus, at least from what I believe, was/is more likely to be a wolf (though it's still possible that they're both wolves), meaning that the vote would have a different purpose.
For a human, it would be absolutely useless to cast a vote so late in the phase...
I'm talking about her perspective, she knows if she's a human or not! Actually, even if she was a wolf, she should've fight until the very end, like she did!
It wouldn't be useless, it's just unlikely, but still possible. There's a major difference between those two! I could have suddenly come online and voted for DK! It's still a chance! What you're saying is that in an unlikely situation, you should just give up. No. We fight until the very end and kill those bastards who call themself wolves! YEAH!

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 04, 2013, 03:16:59 PMWhat you're saying is that in an unlikely situation, you should just give up.
No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that, if you're human, trying to lynch another human just to save yourself isn't a smart idea. Samus did not seem to be suspicious of TWG DK earlier, and appeared to agree with him earlier that my mistaken statement about TWG Mario was suspicious (specifically saying that it was "a little weird"), and then, later, wanted to go after the TWG Pikachu lynch.

But I do think, now, DK not posting the questions before TWG Waluigi died is either poor timing, or very suspicious.

TWG Fox

Quote from: TWG Link on May 04, 2013, 04:33:30 PMI'm just saying that, if you're human, trying to lynch another human just to save yourself isn't a smart idea.
You're missing my entire point. D:

There's no confirmation that the "another human" is really a human. It's better to lynch a possible wolf than a confirmed human from the confirmed human's perspective. (by confirmed human I mean a player who knows that (s)he's a human)

TWG Luigi

Hi.

Sorry about my minor inactivity, school is taking up a lot of my life, and I'm trying to be more social with people in my year.

I'm slightly suspicious of DK at the moment, he's being way too helpful for his own good, and if my theory on his identity is correct, he's done this playstyle several times before, and was a wolf 3 of those times.

TWG DK

I deeply apologize for this.  I am aware of my awful timing.  After this game, when my true identity is revealed, I will explain exactly what is consuming so much of my time to make my activity here so erratic.  To defend myself against not posting my defense during the night phase:

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 04, 2013, 05:16:50 AMI feel like you didn't want to do this while Waluigi was still alive. He could've made more accusations against you based on that defense.

What could I possibly stand to gain from refraining from posting while Waluigi was still alive?  The rest of you are perfectly capable of forming rebuttals to my suspicions of Samus.  Waluigi was not the only literate player here.

Without further ado, my response to Samus Aran, given just as if she still lived.

Quote from: TWG Samus on May 02, 2013, 06:46:22 PMOk, so as of right now its been almost a half hour, the phase is almost over, and DK still hasn't answered my question. Cool. So I'll post my defense, not that it would keep me from being lynched.
This entire quote contradicts itself. "you have shown yourself to be perfectly content to follow the leads of others." This implies that I just agree with everyone else without making any accusations of myself as to stay unsuspicious. "You would be a strong lynch candidate, for the reasons Yoshi put forward"  The reasons that Yoshi put forward? That sounds like you're

My suspicion of you based on Yoshi's chat log is absolutely not me being perfectly content to follow the leads of others.  That is me responding to evidence given by another player and forming my own opinion because of it.

Her response to the parts in her post that I found suspicious (please forgive my not posting them here; I know not how to quote within a quote.) :

1. "besides myself of course"
 I do, in fact, find this suspicious.  That said, I would most certainly not lead a lynch against just for this reason.  It simply seemed to add to everything else suspicious you were doing at the time and fanned the flames, if you will.

2. "I would vote for Yoshi but he just got in the game and I'd like to see more from him"
 I understand your reasoning for this.  It is depressing when one is wolfed night one, or in this case, when one joins a game partway through, only to be lynched.  However, you understand that this statement did not help your case at all.  It seemed like a weak reason for not lynching someone, someone who could be a partner wolf.

As for you following the leads of others, this was derived from a simple look at your grand total of forum posts.  Nothing there seemed particularly well-reasoned, or even that you were putting that much effort into it, at least until others started to show suspicions of you.  Even after those extremely pouty last posts, I have no trouble believing you were a wolf.

Now, to present affairs:

I agree with Fox's initial post that Bowser would be a strong lynch choice at this point.  This is not because of inactiveness, but rather of apathy.  Most of his posts thus far have been not been strongly relating to the game.

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 04, 2013, 05:16:50 AMhis reasons against you are pretty convincing.

May I ask what reasons?  I confess I do not see the great Purple's attack on my honor.

Fox, I also agree with Link that the vote on me was reasonably suspicious of the great bounty hunter.  She had absolutely no suspicions of me; at least, none that she voiced.  While I see your point that if she had been a human, she would have more reason to lynch someone else who might possibly be a wolf than allow herself to be lynched, she who knew her humanity was confirmed.  This is true, but why not then vote against someone who had more of a case against them like Bowser or Luigi?  As Link stated, it seemed just spiteful.

Finally: Luigi, based on that post, I am pretty confident you know nothing of my true identity.

TWG Yoshi

I do think that if Samus does turn out to be human, DK is most likely to be a wolf. She had some fair points against him in that he was basically picking on semantics.

Also Samus probably voted for DK instead of some other target because he already had a vote on him, so he actually had a chance of getting lynched.

In any case I think Bowser is probably the safest lynch at this point for reasons everyone knows already.

TWG Bowser

You all seem to be eager to lynch me because of my apathy. Don't mistake apathy for evil, however. I have been rather busy recently, but now I'll give you all the benefit of my great wisdom.

TWG Yoshi - You gave the idea that the wolves may not have been very active and were not paying attention when choosing their wolfings. This may have made sense earlier but it doesn't really work now. Kirby's wolfing doesn't tell us anything because he never did anything before being wolfed. Mario saw some increased activity briefly before being wolfed. Waluigi, who was rather vocal, has been wolfed last night. I'm very convinced you are human, as throughout all of it you trying to approach this as logically as possible.

TWG Link - You seem to be convinced that Samus was a wolf, because of her last ditch effort to lynch another player. This makes no sense, whatsoever. You're say if she were, in fact, a human, she would've voted for a wolf, because humans don't vote for each other. Any player who doesn't want to die will try anything to keep themselves alive. The fact she voted for DK doesn't prove she's a human or a wolf; it just proves she didn't want to die.

TWG Fox - You seem to be trying to untangle the arguments presented before you, and have been arguing with Link over something or other the entire game. However, your arguments are never over anything really useful, instead fighting over semantics. I'm more convinced that you are a human, over Link, because you seem to be playing and fighting with a human mentality, rather than Link, who just seems to be eager to pick fights.

TWG Pikachu - You have proven to be an inactive player, through and through. At this point we are beyond lynching inactive players because the wolves are clearly paying attention and acting accordingly.

TWG Luigi - You have been equally inactive but have made attempts to try and actually play. You haven't contributed anything of substance and seem to be flying under the radar. I'm leaning towards your humanity, but only barely. At any rate, I don't want to lynch you either, because, as I've already said, we are beyond lynching inactive players.

TWG DK - You are an ape that is full of eloquence, a plethora of words all signifying nothing.
Quote from: TWG DK on May 04, 2013, 06:06:03 PMWhat could I possibly stand to gain from refraining from posting while Waluigi was still alive?  The rest of you are perfectly capable of forming rebuttals to my suspicions of Samus.  Waluigi was not the only literate player here.
You say that we are all capable of forming rebuttals, but you wait until after both people who really wanted it have died. The two people who would stand to gain the most from your argument, whether it be accepting your humanity or fighting your wolfism.

You then proceed to argue "as if she still lived" in an attempt to give yourself some credence. You do this to make it seem like your argument is genuine to what you claim it to be. You then "lose evidence" as calimed here:
Quote from: TWG DK on May 04, 2013, 06:06:03 PMplease forgive my not posting them here; I know not how to quote within a quote.

This now gives you the liberty to argue with whatever you wish outside of any immediately checkable context.

Quote from: TWG DK on May 04, 2013, 06:06:03 PM2. "I would vote for Yoshi but he just got in the game and I'd like to see more from him"
 I understand your reasoning for this.  It is depressing when one is wolfed night one, or in this case, when one joins a game partway through, only to be lynched.  However, you understand that this statement did not help your case at all.  It seemed like a weak reason for not lynching someone, someone who could be a partner wolf.

How does this incriminate either Samus or Yoshi? This argument itself is rather weak, as most humans would generally want to see more from inactive or replacement players to confirm or deny their suspicions. I believe that Samus acted like a human until the very end, and it is doubtful that Yoshi is a wolf, given both incarnations of the green donkey. This just seems like an attempt to incriminate two players at once by providing a tenuous (1.Very weak) link between the two.

Quote from: TWG DK on May 04, 2013, 06:06:03 PMFox, I also agree with Link that the vote on me was reasonably suspicious of the great bounty hunter.  She had absolutely no suspicions of me; at least, none that she voiced.  While I see your point that if she had been a human, she would have more reason to lynch someone else who might possibly be a wolf than allow herself to be lynched, she who knew her humanity was confirmed.  This is true, but why not then vote against someone who had more of a case against them like Bowser or Luigi?  As Link stated, it seemed just spiteful.

Spiteful, maybe; but given that she specifically asked you for an argument and you didn't provide one when asked, and certainly not until after an unrelated party, who asked you to do the same, had died, seems to point to the fact that you are really avoiding any real arguments. The fact that you and Link seem to agree with each other over some really flimsy evidence leads me to believe that both of you are wolves. You hide under the guise of a great speaker, which lends itself well to establishing a sense of authority without really having to prove it. Big words impress ignorant people, which makes it easier for you to lead weaker lynches against other players, as less attentive players would follow you without really following your argument.

Quote from: TWG DK on May 04, 2013, 06:06:03 PMI deeply apologize for this.  I am aware of my awful timing.  After this game, when my true identity is revealed, I will explain exactly what is consuming so much of my time to make my activity here so erratic.
This is also a nice touch, because it gives you the liberty of never having to respond to any real arguments or criticisms against you in a timely fashion, letting you get away with murder and justifying it after the fact.

I am also convinced that we have gotten a wolf. If 3 wolves were still alive, all of them would just need to pick a player to lynch today, and post some decent evidence against them. All they'd need is one more vote and the game would by won by the following night. It is doubtful that Samus was a wolf, which leads me to believe that Falcon was.

TWG DK

TWG Pikachu

Wow, everyone's making enormous posts. Unfortunately, that was never my sort of thing.

Luigi, you're supposed to not know who DK is! Drawing suspicions for who you think a player is isn't what we're supposed to be doing. The entire purpose of this game is to look at players with fresh eyes and not know who they are so that past games can't be used against them.

With that in mind, I don't see the logic in being suspicious of DK for being helpful. If anything, you should be more so of me for being unhelpful! Weegee

TWG Fox

Guys didn't I tell you not to vote yet

meh, I'm with Bowser.

To be honest, I was pretty much bluffing when I said I'd be voting for you, Bowser if you wouldn't come up with a defense. I just wanted you to get active, which seems to have worked perfectly! At this point I feel it's much better to lynch someone who you have actual reasons to vote for instead of an inactive.

I'm currently on phone so I don't feel like making humongous posts, if you catch my act. I'll do them later, in a few hours hopefully.

Conclusion: Bowser is cool. He is the only one who understands logic.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Bowser on May 05, 2013, 11:45:26 AMTWG Link - You seem to be convinced that Samus was a wolf, because of her last ditch effort to lynch another player. This makes no sense, whatsoever. You're say if she were, in fact, a human, she would've voted for a wolf, because humans don't vote for each other. Any player who doesn't want to die will try anything to keep themselves alive. The fact she voted for DK doesn't prove she's a human or a wolf; it just proves she didn't want to die.
You don't understand, do you?
1: Remember how I said, earlier in the game, that we only have three night-day cycles to find a wolf, if we don't get one at all? Blindly lashing out at another player when you're going to die isn't helping the human team at all.
2: Looking over TWG Samus' post, there didn't appear to be any significant reasons to vote for TWG DK (at least during the previous phrase). The only thing he did was not answer the questions presented to him "in a timely manner," so-to-say. Just earlier, TWG Samus was supporting a TWG Pikachu lynch.
3: That's not the only reason why I'm convinced that TWG Samus was a wolf.

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 05, 2013, 12:30:41 PMTo be honest, I was pretty much bluffing when I said I'd be voting for you, Bowser if you wouldn't come up with a defense. I just wanted you to get active, which seems to have worked perfectly! At this point I feel it's much better to lynch someone who you have actual reasons to vote for instead of an inactive.
Sneakysneaky way to draw all the players out. ;)

TWG Bowser

Quote from: TWG Link on May 05, 2013, 12:34:54 PM3: That's not the only reason why I'm convinced that TWG Samus was a wolf.
Ok, I'm listening.