TWG LII: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya

Started by SlowPokemon, April 26, 2013, 07:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

TWG YOSHI HAS BEEN REPLACED AT THE REQUEST OF THE PLAYER. FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, TWG YOSHI WILL BE A DIFFERENT ONE THAN THE ONE QHO HAS POSTED PREVIOUSLY.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TWG Bowser

Oh, great! Hopefully this next one will be less annoying. Besides, there was way too much green around here. My money's on a red one to replace him.

TWG Yoshi

Hey. New TWG Yoshi here.

I'm going to go ahead and get caught up on everything. Bleh, 15 pages.

TWG Yoshi

Okay, read the thread. I'm ditching the whole in character thing. You're welcome.

I think Link is an unlikely wolf. He hasn't had anyone supporting him at all, which is unusual since there's certainly other things pointing to his humanity (not least the fact that he's actually been serious). Also, Falcon was acting suspicious of Link, and since I think Falcon was a wolf that also supports Link's humanity.

Pikachu for now due to inactivity.

If I'm wrong about anything above (due to speedreading everything), or if people still want me to post a defense, tell me. I'll put up a full suspicion list later.

TWG Link

Quote from: TWG Fox on May 02, 2013, 05:44:11 AMwell excuse me princess for not using words like artificiality or contrived
They're not very complex words...

QuoteI see Pikachu as a normally active player. I don't exactly buy his reason to his inactiveness.
Well, I see him as somebody who's inactive "out-of-habit," as in a player who usually posts a few times in the game, or is lynched merely for being inactive.

QuoteI never said TWG Mario was a human. I just disagreed with the reasons the other people found him suspicious. I saw TWG Mario neutrally suspicious. I didn't think he had done anything that I'd see pointing that he's a wolf and also nothing to prove his humanity.
You were implying that he had less of a chance of being a wolf... your words exactly:
Quote from: TWG Fox on April 30, 2013, 02:04:22 PMAlthough his posts seem suspicious to some people, I myself don't consider TWG Mario any more suspicious than, for example, you DK. Most people seem suspicious in their first games and I wasn't an exception.

Quote from: TWG Yoshi on May 02, 2013, 01:18:40 PMOkay, read the thread. I'm ditching the whole in character thing. You're welcome.
I gave up the poor spelling/punctuation when the game got into full gear (or was starting to).

TWG Fox

Quote from: TWG Link on May 02, 2013, 02:00:09 PMThey're not very complex words...
I failed England

Quote from: TWG Link on May 02, 2013, 02:00:09 PMWell, I see him as somebody who's inactive "out-of-habit," as in a player who usually posts a few times in the game, or is lynched merely for being inactive.
Well I can't convince you.

Quote from: TWG Link on May 02, 2013, 02:00:09 PMYou were implying that he had less of a chance of being a wolf... your words exactly:
I wasn't implying anything on purpose at least!

SlowPokemon

I really hope you guys are planning on actually showing activity in the next two hours.

SlowPokemon

Btw, that post above mine was edited by TWG Fox at my request.

TWG Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 02, 2013, 05:04:15 PMI really hope you guys are planning on actually showing activity in the next two hours.
Thank you for reminding me that I need to vote.

Looking over the current votes, it seems as if Pikachu is going to be lynched (unless somebody changes their votes), which, if my suspicions are correct, would give us one day to kill a wolf, lest we perish (lose the game :().

Since I'm not crazy enough to force a KitB (especially since I want to give the new TWG Yoshi a chance to prove himself), I'll just have to vote for TWG Fox.
You say that my defense isn't solid...? TWG Fox's reasons for voting for TWG Pikachu are shoddy and have little or no base; he is merely assuming that he is a player who is "normally active," which TWG Pikachu has shown no indication of being (despite a few posts earlier; please do not be insulted TWG Pikachu), something which, at this stage, could endanger the humans (especially if TWG Falcon wasn't a wolf).

TWG Yoshi

chatlog
TWG Yoshi: Bowser are you there?

TWG Bowser: What do you want?

TWG Yoshi: I dunno, I just feel like we should do something productive in the next two hours.

TWG Bowser: I'm so lost.

TWG Yoshi: Hey, I just joined, soo...

TWG Bowser: As far as I can tell the names thrown up for lynching are the rat, Green Fairy and Fox, I think?

TWG Yoshi: Mhm.

TWG Yoshi: But it's mostly been Link and Fox yelling at each other I guess?

TWG Bowser: Yeah.

TWG Bowser: I say we lynch both of them.

TWG Bowser: Let a KitB decide.

TWG Yoshi: That's counterproductive.

TWG Yoshi: At least one of them is a human unless two wolves are screaming at each other.

TWG Bowser: True, but they're not really doing anything eaither.

TWG Yoshi: We don't have a huge number of failed lynches to work with.

TWG Yoshi: I do think Falcon was a wolf but every human we lose increases the wolves' influence in the lynch as well.

TWG Yoshi: And honestly I'm not really convinced about either of them being a wolf.

TWG Bowser: Fopx is trying to lynch pikachu because he's inactive.

TWG Bowser: Link appears to be defending him, though.

TWG Yoshi: Frankly their entire debate is impenetrable.

TWG Bowser: Well yeah, they're just yelling at each other over semantics.

TWG Yoshi: Besides, Luigi and Waluigi have both disappeared this day phase.

TWG Yoshi: There's just way too many inactives. to actually come up with good suspicions.

TWG Bowser: And Waluigi was really front and center at the start.

TWG Bowser: Well, I don't think anybody wants to get involved with the Link-Fox debate.

TWG Yoshi: On second thought, maybe we should lynch one of the active players.

TWG Yoshi: I'd actually avoid Link/Fox since one of them is in all likelihood human, and time will help us figure out which one.

TWG Bowser: I think the wolves are laying low while that is going on.

TWG Bowser: But then that really just leaves us with shooting in the dark.

TWG Yoshi: I think I might flip my opinion again actually.

TWG Yoshi: Mario was a bad kill, I think. There were more human-looking targets.

TWG Yoshi: So that tells me the wolf may not have been paying attention.

TWG Yoshi: Which I guess leaves us with going for inactives. So dumb.

TWG Bowser: Well Mario was also just replaced before he was killed.

TWG Bowser: Which lends itself to unattentive wolves.

TWG Yoshi: Wait, he was? I hadn't noticed.

TWG Yoshi: Okay, yeah, fair point.

TWG Bowser: DK was replaced at the same time.

TWG Yoshi: Wait what?

TWG Yoshi: Which page?

TWG Bowser joined the chat 13 minutes ago

TWG Bowser: Oh, my bad.

TWG Bowser: Green Stache was replaced.

TWG Bowser: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?to...

TWG Yoshi: Okay.

TWG Yoshi: Whatever, still an inattentive wolf.

TWG Bowser: DK just finally woke up at that point.

TWG Bowser: I never realized the monkey was so loquacious.

TWG Yoshi: I feel like he's probably just trying to conceal his identity.

TWG Yoshi: Anyways.

TWG Yoshi: Who should we lynch.

TWG Bowser: Green or Purple Stache.

TWG Bowser: Probably Purple.

TWG Bowser: He made a point to be really vocal early on, and has now practically disappeared during the debate.

TWG Yoshi: I actually think Luigi's human.

TWG Yoshi: He made a comment about whether the wolves knew each other, and that isn't much but it's better than all the other inactives.

TWG Bowser: Probably.

TWG Bowser joined the chat 7 minutes ago

TWG Yoshi: Hmmmm.

TWG Yoshi: Rereading the thread I think we should go for Samus, actually.

TWG Yoshi: She hasn't posted anything actually useful to us this phase.

TWG Bowser: Faking activity to avoid "inactive lynches", you think?

TWG Yoshi: Possible.

TWG Yoshi: Like, look at her last four posts.

TWG Yoshi: Okay, Waluigi at least has a suspicion list this phase.

TWG Yoshi: I'm voting for Samus, I guess.

TWG Bowser: Alright.
[close]

Samus, for reasons outlined above.

TWG Samus

Quote from: TWG Yoshi on May 02, 2013, 05:40:44 PMTWG Yoshi: Hmmmm.

TWG Yoshi: Rereading the thread I think we should go for Samus, actually.

TWG Yoshi: She hasn't posted anything actually useful to us this phase.

TWG Bowser: Faking activity to avoid "inactive lynches", you think?

TWG Yoshi: Possible.

TWG Yoshi: Like, look at her last four posts.

TWG Yoshi: Okay, Waluigi at least has a suspicion list this phase.

TWG Yoshi: I'm voting for Samus, I guess.

TWG Bowser: Alright.

Samus, for reasons outlined above.
"these guys are fighting, and no ones interrupting them. o wait this player isnt either totes wuff"

im laughing

Anyway, I wasn't too keen on a Pikachu lynch at first. Inactive or not, of all the people to place a hesitant vote on for "acting a little strange", Waluigi would be the last person I'd choose (besides myself of course). I know he said it was just until more stuff happens, but its been a whole day and plenty of things have happened to rethink the vote

Honestly I'm more suspicious of Yoshi at this point for reading the thread and automatically thinking Falcon was definitely a wolf. I know I voted for him, but it wasn't exactly a "this guy is definitely a wolf" but a "this guy is making some poor choices and hes really the only one whos POSTING ANYTHING". I would vote for Yoshi but he just got in the game and I'd like to see more from him

maybe if i didnt lynch falcon people would be discussing things more and something would actually be accomplished :/

TWG DK

3. Waluigi- You initially seemed to be a leader, but you have faded into the background this phase.  What goes on, O purple one?  My suspicions of you are increasing due to your list.  With that said, I cannot in truth formulate a cohesive reason why this list bothers me.  Possibly it is only that you are suspicious for being relatively ordinary, not wanting to push too hard.  I keep my one eye on you.

4. Yoshi- The true role switch partway through the phase further shrouds your identity.  However, the chat log between you and the great Koopa strongly points to your humanity.  You do not merit one of my eyes just yet.

5. Link- Your defense has convinced me, I think.  I cannot think of anything else to say that has already been said, and thus I move my eye off you.

6. Pikachu- Inactive.  While I do not think this necessitates your wolfship, my eye that was once on Link is now on you.

7. Samus- Not as inactive as Pikachu, but thus far you have shown yourself to be perfectly content to follow the leads of others.  You would be a strong lynch candidate, for the reasons Yoshi put forward.

8. Fox- My suspicions of you have grown of late.  Nothing particularly suspicious have you done just yet, but I keep my third eye on you.

9. Bowser- Usually you are not this subtle, King of Koopas.  You have contributed probably less than anyone else to this game, and that in itself is telling. 

11. DK

12. Luigi- Of all the players here, methinks I have the least to say about you.  I do not know what to think just yet.

Light suspicions:
Yoshi
Link

Medium suspicions:
Fox
Bowser
Luigi

Heavy suspicions:
Waluigi
Pikachu
Samus

I would much prefer to avoid a knife in the box, so for that reason I will vote Samus.  This is also good because I feel that she is the strongest candidate out of the three.

Most excellent bounty hunter, I would recommend that you make a defense now.

What do you know?  I have been ninja'd!

Quote from: TWG Samus on May 02, 2013, 05:54:53 PM"these guys are fighting, and no ones interrupting them. o wait this player isnt either totes wuff"

im laughing

Anyway, I wasn't too keen on a Pikachu lynch at first. Inactive or not, of all the people to place a hesitant vote on for "acting a little strange", Waluigi would be the last person I'd choose (besides myself of course). I know he said it was just until more stuff happens, but its been a whole day and plenty of things have happened to rethink the vote

Honestly I'm more suspicious of Yoshi at this point for reading the thread and automatically thinking Falcon was definitely a wolf. I know I voted for him, but it wasn't exactly a "this guy is definitely a wolf" but a "this guy is making some poor choices and hes really the only one whos POSTING ANYTHING". I would vote for Yoshi but he just got in the game and I'd like to see more from him

maybe if i didnt lynch falcon people would be discussing things more and something would actually be accomplished :/

On top of everything I have already stated, the bolded phrases in Samus' post strike me as a tad bit odd.  My vote remains.

TWG Samus

Quote from: TWG DK on May 02, 2013, 06:06:15 PMbut thus far you have shown yourself to be perfectly content to follow the leads of others.
Before I make my complete defense, Can you explain this please? I don't really know what you're trying to say

QuoteOn top of everything I have already stated, the bolded phrases in Samus' post strike me as a tad bit odd.  My vote remains.
With your logic, an active player must stay active forever to not draw suspicion to themselves. Just because I haven't posted a lot this phase doesn't mean I've become "inactive". Frankly, I don't think I posted any more or less in the other phases. Do I have to comment on every little detail to prove myself as active?

As for the bolded parts in my post:
Quote from: TWG Samus on May 02, 2013, 05:54:53 PM(besides myself of course)
Really? Do you honestly find this at all suspicious? I said that if I quickly joined the game as a human, the last person I would think to be suspicious would be Waluigi and myself. Obviously I wouldn't think myself, since I am positive that I'm a human

Quote from: TWG Samus on May 02, 2013, 05:54:53 PMI would vote for Yoshi but he just got in the game and I'd like to see more from him
This one is just because I'm not a complete asshole who would kill someone within 24 hours of them joining a game. Sure they might have acted slightly suspicious, but they are just getting into the swing of things. However, if the Yoshi that made that chat log was the same Yoshi that joined in the very beginning of the game, I would definitely place my vote on him.

I'd like to point out that everyone seems to be assuming that a wolf would be inactive at this part in the game to draw suspicion away from themselves. However, that doesn't really apply right now. That "rule" was said before, alerting the wolves, so it would seem silly for every wolf to be inactive now when everyone seems set on inactive=wolf

TWG Yoshi

I'm not entirely sure why you think that chatlog's suspicious, honestly.

And I never said you were inactive. If I was going for inactives I'd vote Luigi or Pikachu or something. But your posts this phase haven't really said anything of substance.