News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

TWG LII: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Sigh-Up Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, April 25, 2013, 08:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

It's frivolous, but here's where I'll post information about the game and who's signed up.

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD, ANYONE. IF YOU WANT TO SIGN UP FOR THE GAME, PM ME.

TWG LII: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya is at it again, forcing the SOS Brigade to do all sorts of insane shenanigans.  This time she has the gang acting in a mystery-themed stage play she scripted, starring Itsuki Koizumi, Yuki Nagato, and Ryoko Asakura as the murderers. However, due to Haruhi's wish for a true mystery, her powers inadvertently switch up all the performers' minds the night before the play, meaning that potentially no one other than her is actually in their own body! It's up to Kyon, your host and narrator--who has also miraculously remained in his original body--and the rest of the performers to deduce in whose bodies Koizumi, Nagato, and Asakura actually are.

List of true roles with according colors:
1. Itsuki Koizumi
2. Ryoko Asakura
3. Yuki Nagato

4. Mikuru Asahina
5. Tsuruya
6. Taniguchi
7. Kunikida
8. President of the Computer Club
9. Kimidori
10. Kyon's Sister
11. Okabe
12. Shamisen

Player List
1. TWG Falcon
2. TWG Mario
3. TWG Waluigi
4. TWG Yoshi
5. TWG Link
6. TWG Pikachu
7. TWG Samus
8. TWG Fox
9. TWG Bowser
10. TWG Kirby
11. TWG DK
12. TWG Luigi

NOTE: "True role" business is gone--rather, this is simply a mystery game as there are no Haruhi Suzumiya-themed accounts.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

To make it fair rather than just first-come-first-serve (as I'm sure many people didn't even see the thread until today), I'm going to take all the people who have so far sent a PM and do a random.org generator to decide who gets a spot. It makes it more fair, and that way people who only just sent PMs after seeing the thread today have a fair shot of getting in.

If anyone disagrees with this, please post here about it. I don't see a reason I shouldn't, though.

Yugi

I somewhat disagree with this, as it provides a chance that someone who was hyped for this can't play even after they signed up, and someone who's just playing just so they can host later on can.

How many people have signed up anyway?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Yugi on April 26, 2013, 06:13:38 PMI somewhat disagree with this, as it provides a chance that someone who was hyped for this can't play even after they signed up, and someone who's just playing just so they can host later on can.

How many people have signed up anyway?

Not disclosing that information about how many people, but I'm just saying that even if I just took the first 12 people, everyone who signed up after that who was excited for the game won't get to play, either. :/ so I'm sorry but I'm going this route.

Yugi

FSM-Reapr

This is a classic case of disagreement with the "you snooze, you lose" rule. I've happened to see it quite a lot lately.

Although I myself would hate to be left out of the game if I had signed up like first and still be unable to play the game, this rule should still support your decision:
Quote9. The Host reserves the right to admit or kick any player he sees fit before the game begins. If the player is unequipped to play during the game, it is the hosts descretion whether or not the player will be removed from this game.

There's nothing stopping you. Do it as you see works the best and fairest.

Bubbles

idk about this either... In a normal game if someone passes the date, theyre put on the waiting list or they simply dont play. I know it was posted at a weird time and there arent that many spots, but someone that checks nsm that infrequently really shouldnt play twg alot

please dont hurt me

SlowPokemon

infrequently? All PMs were received within the last 24 hours.

Yugi

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 26, 2013, 06:20:43 PMidk about this either... In a normal game if someone passes the date, theyre put on the waiting list or they simply dont play. I know it was posted at a weird time and there arent that many spots, but someone that checks nsm that infrequently really shouldnt play twg alot

please dont hurt me
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

Joking aside, would that count for normally inactive players (shadokirby, wolf) as well?

EFitTrainr

I like food.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on April 26, 2013, 06:25:10 PMJoking aside, would that count for normally inactive players (shadokirby, wolf) as well?
In normal cases:
1: There are usually just enough players to fill the spots. Then again, most of those games are 14-16 player games.
2: There are often back-up players to replace inactive players to help ensure constant activity throughout the game.

Quote from: shadowkirby on April 26, 2013, 06:29:11 PMheyheyhey. I was ACTIVE last game!
If we hadn't died so early... :-\
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Just because the sign ups are via PM does not make it any more different than if it were done normally. First come-first serve.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.