News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Bible

Started by Dudeman, April 22, 2013, 07:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

I guess it's somewhat controversial to be making this topic...but I felt we needed a discussion topic for The Bible TV series. I personally think the creators have done a splendid job with the series (even though I have some disagreements on some minor elements...). Thoughts?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Yugi

At first I thought this thread was about the actual Bible and I was wondering why a book goes into the Movies and TV section.

SuperFireKirby

The series was actually extremely well done. I have only seen a few episodes, but thoroughly enjoyed them.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Yugi on April 22, 2013, 08:15:54 PMAt first I thought this thread was about the actual Bible and I was wondering why a book goes into the Movies and TV section.
My thoughts exactly. Right down to the breath.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Waddle Bro

Why won't they make like a super long movie with cool special effects but with a bible theme?! I think it'd be awesome to watch!

I can already see it.

The Bible

Directed by Michael Bay

Nicholas Cage is the Jesus
Penelope Cruz is the Virgin Maria
and so on

blueflower999

It was incredibly well done. My family greatly enjoyed it.

I spotted a few errors, though.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

I doubt they were mistakes. They always add things like secret love triangles or affairs, even in religious things (though it did happen in the bible too sometimes :P)

Dudeman

Actually, no, they were mistakes. A couple of very minor elements were changed for who knows why. (Examples: The mountain where Abraham almost sacrifices Isaac is hours instead of days away; the fiery furnace from Daniel wasn't deadly enough (it killed the soldiers standing a couple of feet away from it in the actual story))
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

JDMEK5

Wait, so is this show actually based on the bible?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Dudeman

Um...yes. It's a dramatic retelling of *almost* the entire Bible. And it's pretty awesome.

blueflower999

I was disappointed when the "something like scales" didn't fall from Paul's eyes when he could see again.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

JDMEK5

I should have a look at this...

My Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 25, 2013, 03:48:19 AMI was disappointed when the "something like scales" didn't fall from Paul's eyes when he could see again.
I was disappointed that Moses' staff never turned into a snake (or Aaron's, for that matter).

JDMEK5

Quote from: Dudeman on April 25, 2013, 07:05:27 PMI was disappointed that Moses' staff never turned into a snake (or Aaron's, for that matter).
Then I'm also assuming they left out his "snake" eating the others as well? That's a shame. Would've gone great in a TV series.
This is starting to make me wonder if the guys who made this show don't believe in miracles. Are there any other miracles that were left in?

My Arrangements

Dudeman

Well, most (if not all) of the Ten Plagues are shown, and Jesus does pretty much everything mentioned in the Bible.
Jericho's walls crumble; Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are saved from the furnace; Samson (who's played by a black guy) destroys the temple; Daniel is rescued from the lions...there are still a lot. They left Gideon out, though...