Instrument variety?

Started by WowGain, April 22, 2013, 03:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WowGain

I was wondering if this site only has piano arrangements, or does it have arrangements for other instruments?  :-\

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

WowGain

Welp, that sux, I can never find sax arrangements ever  :'(

JDMEK5

Making a sax sheet is just a matter of locating the melody, and transposing it to the necessary key. (Depending on which sax you play)
Doing that isn't hard at all. If you can figure out the transposition, you should be able to rearrange it for sax lickety-split.

Because I'm feeling extraordinarily helpful, I'm going to help you with the first step:
If you're not sure what the transposition is, here they are for the 4 most common: (I'm assuming you play one of these)

-Soprano Sax - Bb - Same as trumpet, clarinet, and others; actual note on concert pitch is a major 2nd below written note.
-Alto Sax - Eb - Actual note on concert pitch is a major 6th below written note.
-Tenor Sax - Bb - Different from trumpet, clarinet, soprano sax, etc.; actual note is an octave plus a major 2nd below written note. (major 9th below)
-Baritone Sax - Eb - Actual note on concert pitch is an octave plus a major 6th below written note. (major 13th below)

If you play baritone you might want to play the bass as opposed to the melody.

Quote from: WowGain on April 22, 2013, 03:51:21 PMI was wondering if this site only has piano arrangements, or does it have arrangements for other instruments?  :-\
It came up at one time about a second section of the site for guitar arrangements, but that's guitar, not sax.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

spitllama

Doesn't Finale transpose music?
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

Quote from: spitllama on April 23, 2013, 09:16:18 AMDoesn't Finale transpose music?
The full version does. Notepad doesn't. But most other music programs out there do.
If that's not an option, it's not much more work to do it on manuscript paper by hand or something.
(That's why I put those up. In case of ^.)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

There is a way to do that in notepad. All you have to do is change the key of the piece and it will transpose it accordingly. Since piano is a non-transposing instrument, changing the key would be like transposing it. For example: If a piece is in C major and you wanna play it on your tenor sax, change the key signature to Bb and have it take the notes with it. If the original is in Eb, change it to Db. G to F, E to D, etc.

As for finding VG music for other ensembles, try out this place, as it was made by some of the people here.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 23, 2013, 09:55:03 AMThere is a way to do that in notepad. All you have to do is change the key of the piece and it will transpose it accordingly. Since piano is a non-transposing instrument, changing the key would be like transposing it. For example: If a piece is in C major and you wanna play it on your tenor sax, change the key signature to Bb and have it take the notes with it. If the original is in Eb, change it to Db. G to F, E to D, etc.

As for finding VG music for other ensembles, try out this place, as it was made by some of the people here.

I don't use notepad but I'm pretty sure you can't change the key in it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

You can change the initial key signature, however, you cannot change it wherever you want.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!