News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG LI: A Role Reunion Post Game

Started by davy, April 22, 2013, 07:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

TWG LI: A Role Reunion Post Game

Role Reveal (in Order of Role PM's):

Yugi was the Traitor, he also had a Lantern.
FSM-Reapr was Raiden Who Hisses, he also had a Lantern.
Wolf was the Brutal Human.
BlackDragonSlayer was Andrew Jackson.
Hunter of Souls was Maya Fey.
Spitllama was the Scientist.
gzgregory was the Messenger.
TheZeldaPianist275 was the Hero of Hope, he was a human.
Bubbles7689 was the Totem Guy.
Dude was Magnus.
Blueflower999, later to be replaced by The Boy Who Cried Wolf was the Happy Mask Salesman.
Shadowkirby was Mr. Mutou, he also had a Lantern.
Kman96 was Skuntank.
Vermillionvermin was Daisy, he also had a Lantern and the Armor of Achilles.
Waddle Bro was the Strange Man.

Night 1
Kman sends in a wolf PM to wolf Hunter of Souls, but as he also sents the PM to BDS and Shadowkirby, the wolfing does not go through.
gzgregory (messenger) finds out Waddle Bro's role.
Waddle Bro (Strange Man) guesses FSM-Reapr, Yugi, Vermillionvermin and shadowkirby as the lantern holder, and it's correct.
Yugi votes Verm to be seer'd with his lantern.
Verm votes Yugi to be seer'd with his lantern.

Day 1
TheZeldaPianist275 is lynched.
Vermillionvermin (Daisy) reveals that Waddle Bro is the Strange Man.

Night 2
Kman wolves The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
gzgregory (messenger) finds out The Boy Who Cried Wolf's role.
Bubbles (Totem Guy) sends in the tribune:
     "aladdin totes deserves 4.5 stars in a review"
Hunter of Souls (Maya Fey) asks the following questions to Vermillionvermin:
     Based on the claims you got Night 1, is Magnus still alive?
     Based on the claims you got Night 1, is Hero of Hope still alive?
     Verm answers these questions with Yes and No.

Day 2
Waddle Bro is lynched
Dude (Magnus) morphs into Hunter of Souls.
gzgregory (Messenger) finds out Dude's role.

Night 3
Kman wolves Spitllama.
Hunter of Souls (Maya Fey) asks the following questions to Vermillionvermin:
     Did gzgregory claim Magnus to you?
     Did spitllama claim normal human to you?
     Verm answers these questions with No and Yes.
Dude (Magnus morphed into Maya Fey) asks the following question to Vermillionvermin:
     "Did anyone else of the alive players other than Hunter not claim to you?"
     Verm answers this question with Yes.

Day 3
The Boy Who Cried Wolf is lynched.
Dude (Magnus) Morphs into Bubbles.

Night 4
Kman wolves Dude

Day 4
Kman is lynched.

Player Analysis

1. Yugi
You were quite active during the first night, but you didn't add that much useful information to the game. You claimed normal human to verm, which is probably the best thing to do as a traitor and then you were killed in the lantern guessing, which was unfortunate.  Better luck next time.

2a. Blueflower999
Sorry for not checking the I'm away topic well enough.

2b. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
You claimed to Waddle Bro, which was, obviously, a good move. As Waddle had already guessed the Lantern holders, the only power you had left was the wolfsbane power, which was put in good use, as it blocked Kman's wolfing. I think you were a bit quick to go for the KitB plan, instead of allowing Bubbles to counterclaim Kman, but your team won regardless. All in all it was a solid performance.

3. TheZeldaPianist275
You were very reticent to claim to verm, which would in the end be your downfall. You were lucky that you weren't counterclaimed by Bubbles, because otherwise, verm might have trusted Bubbles over you. A good lesson to learn from this game is that whenever the majority agrees to a plan, you should eighter join the plan, or accept that you're acting wolfy. Also, no tribune? No suspicion list (you asked for it yourself, then why didn't you make one yourself)?

4. Bubbles7689
I think you should have used your tribune power more, because you've only used it to confirm that you were the Totem Guy. You claimed Normal Human to verm, while I think claiming Hero of Hope would have been the better choice. It also meant that you couldn't claim Hero of Hope to Hunter in the endgame. During the endgame, you asked if you should counterclaim Kman, which would have been a good idea, because it would allow you and your team mates to stay in the shadow. Unfortunately, Boy decided to go with his KitB plan before you decided to counterclaim him. I think you played decent this game.

5. FSM-Reapr
Claiming Magnus in the Lantern holder PM's was a good strategy, but BDS say straight through it. You were also the one that came up with the idea of the armor holder claiming, so good job. Also, did you definately not tell Waddle who the lantern holders were? Anyway, you were killed in the lantern guessing, which was unfortunate.  Better luck next time.

6. Dude
You claimed to Verm, and as you weren't counterclaimed, you created an alliance. Verm would later be killed in the lantern guessing, but you later got an alliance with hunter anyway. You didn't morph during day 1, which I think wasn't a good thing, because your morphing could have helped the human team a lot. You morphed into hunter which was a good choice (even though you tried to morph into another player), because it allowed you to find out he was really Maya Fey, and gave you the opportunity to ask verm some more questions. You were unfortunately wolf'd by Kman which meant that the human team had lost by that point.

7. gzgregory
Your decision to find out Waddle Bro's role (I don't know why you chose him, was it by luck, or did you had the idea he might be an independent?) proved to be a very good one, not only because it created an alliance between the two of you, but also because Waddle would from then on easily be able to tell that all players claiming Messenger were fake-claiming. You claimed normal human to verm, while I think you could have better claimed Magnus, as you had the ability to find out other player's roles. You did claim Magnus to Hunter later, but as you didn't claim Magnus to Verm, Hunter imediately knew that you were fake claiming. Oh well, you did end up winning the game, so good job.

8. spitllama
You had the most boring role of the game, unfortunately. You found out that you were the scientist before claiming to Hunter due to the Lantern guessing. You fake claimed Messenger to Waddle, and while you'd better had claimed HMS, in my opinion, I like that you tried to throw Waddle bro of. A solid performance.

9. BlackDragonSlayer
You were coordinating the wolf team well, and you saw right through FSM's trap. You claimed normal human to verm, which, although it prevented you from distrubing verm's plans, was the best role to claim for you. You suggested that Kman should claim Maya Fey, which would have been a very good move for him. Unfortunately, you were killed in the lantern guessing, which was unfortunate.  Better luck next time.

10. shadowkirby
You were playing quite well, being active in both Wolf PM's and Lantern holder PM's. You claimed normal human to Verm, which was a good move. Unfortunately, you were killed in the lantern guessing, which was unfortunate.  Better luck next time.

11. vermillionvermin
You claimed armor holder, which was obviously a great move because it allowed the humans to create an alliance, and it gave you insight to use later in the game. Your decision to roleflip Waddle Bro (you decided to roleflip him due to the chance of FSM telling Waddle who the lantern keepers were) was absolutely great. It gave the humans a last chance to win the game, and had Kman not sided with the Independents, they would even have won. You also provided Hunter and Dude with some useful information. All this is reason for me to give you MVP

12. Waddle Bro
You claimed normal human to verm, which was the best role to claim for you. Your decision to vote FSM for the lantern guessing seemed to be a good choice, because it did allow you to kill all the players, but it also rang verm's suspicion bells, and nearly caused the loss of the independents. You were playing really helpful this game, and if verm had not revealled your role, you would have definately destroyed the humans and wolves. Honorable Mention.

13. Kman96
You claimed normal human to verm, while I think you'd have way better claimed Maya Fey, as BDS suggested. You opted not to claim to Waddle, while I think you'd have better claimed Happy Mask Salesman, because you knew that you were not going to get wolf'd anyway. When Hunter claimed, you decided not to counterclaim him, which was definately a mistake, because it could have caused you to confuse the humans, and if you had wolf'd him the next day phase, you could always claim that he was an independent. Then you claimed Hero of Hope to Hunter, which is something I definately don't get, because you couldn't prove it by any means. Then during day 3, you claimed skuntank, while I thought that your situation was not desperate yet. Claiming Skuntank also meant that you had doomed yourself, because you would need the help from another team to win, which they didn't give you.

14. Hunter of Souls
You didn't claim to verm, but you got away with that, because you weren't counterclaimed. However, you became active at the right time, and got into an alliance with Dude. You also asked some good questions to verm, which gave you some very helpful insight into the game. Unfortunately, Kman decided to join forces with the independents, which caused you to lose the game.

15. Wolf
You posted once and then you were killed in the lantern guessing, which was unfortunate.  Better luck next time.

General Comments:

On the Wolf team
Wolves were organised quite well, but they decided not to counterclaim any special role. Losing two members during night 1 was unfortunate, but it was still possible to win. That was untill Kman claimed Skuntank, which meant he needed another team to cooperate with him in order to win. Unfortunately, they didn't want that.

On the Independent team
Like the wolves, the independents didn't counterclaim any role, which they should've, because it would really have helped them and it would have really hindered the humans. If Waddle Bro really just guessed the names, than I think I should consider him very lucky. The team found out eachother rather quickly, so I think in the end the Independents really deserved to win.

On the Human team
The humans tried their best, but they were quite screwed once the lantern holders were found out and TZP was lynched. However, Dude, Verm and Hunter collaborated pretty well, and nearly managed to get the victory after all. I think one cannot say a human team played bad if only one of the deaths they created was a human.

On the game itself
It was obviously not meant to happen in this game that the Strange Man would find out the lantern holders night one, but even so, it played out quite well, in my opinion. Even though the Independents had a clear advantage after night one, each team still had a chance to win the game. Unfortunately, the game ended in every player claiming their role, due to Kman claiming, and no independent counterclaiming him, which caused the game to become the same as TWG L, where the victory was decided by a team that was already defeated.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

spitllama

I'm tired of losing TWG :[

gg guys, and thanks davy
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

I swear to the name of Jesus Grandma that I didn't mention a word to Waddle about the lantern holders.

BlackDragonSlayer

If the Indepdents (with the ability to wipe out 8 players maximum, I might add, including 2/3 of the wolves; the fact that the wolves couldn't wolf the two Independents most dangerous to them made them a bit more helpless unless they were able to use Mutou's power) hadn't guessed the lantern holders, I suspect that I would've been able to put my "master plan" into effect (there's not really a set plan, though, especially since a few details weren't certain yet). Also, if the Hunter lynching would've gone through, things would've been worse for the humans later on...
I really need to stop dying before all the fun begins (and actually use my power to win a KitB or two this time)! :P

Pretty much everything I said up until the point I died was for the purpose of just trying to look normal (well, normal for me). As I mentioned, Magnus would be a very difficult and dangerous role for anybody to claim (aside from Magnus :P), especially if you can't keep up with the powers of the roles you claim to have morphed into.

And apparently, I "say" straight through things. :P

EDIT: On the structure of the game itself: I generally prefer Independent teams that are arguably a little bit underpowered (for example, TWG XLVII), compared to ones that are "powerhouses" and usually require cooperation between wolves and humans (even a one or two man independent team requires this, although to a lesser extent), since it often distracts from the "main purpose" (or, a situation like in TWG L occurs).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Dude

ARGGG

I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE MORPHED INTO KMAN WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE BUT NOOOO, HUNTER TOLD ME TO GO WITH BUBBLES >:(

We might have been able to win. :<

Greg

Waddle told me that he guessed all the names... so yeah, real stroke of luck right there, and with my finding Waddle the first night (which was just a hunch).

Ah well, good game guys.

TheZeldaPianist275

Wat.  Honestly Waddle, how on earth did you track down everyone?

And yeah, I know I stunk this game.  Davy, the lack of tribune was on purpose.  But the suspicion list I just didn't get around to; we just had a death in the family and I still have a crapload of homework.  This game itself was kind of unremarkable, as far as how people played.  It's a shame when someone who was killed Night 1 gets MVP.

EFitTrainr

Quote from: davy on April 22, 2013, 07:27:06 AM10. shadowkirby
You were playing quite well, being active in both Wolf PM's and Lantern holder PM's. You claimed normal human to Verm, which was a good move. Unfortunately, you were killed in the lantern guessing, which was unfortunate.  Better luck next time.

wat
I like food.

vermilionvermin

why didn't dude just steal the wolfings

Dude

Quote from: Dude on April 22, 2013, 11:12:08 AMARGGG

I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE MORPHED INTO KMAN WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE BUT NOOOO, HUNTER TOLD ME TO GO WITH BUBBLES >:(

We might have been able to win. :<
because hunter

Bubbles

Honestly I dont see a point of tribunes :P After everyone knew the HoH was dead and I got together with the independents, what was the purpose?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 22, 2013, 07:12:15 PMHonestly I dont see a point of tribunes :P After everyone knew the HoH was dead and I got together with the independents, what was the purpose?
To mock people? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

BECAUSE ALADDIN TOTES DESERVES 5 STARS

Bubbles

I didnt even know until Waddle said that >.> it does though