News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.............

Started by Yugi, April 17, 2013, 04:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterProX

Pit0010

what u guys didnt get it?? oh dang!

It's pretty neat! :D But you guys a lucky getting the ganon figurine for wind waker HD...Australia didnt get =_=
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

GaryOak

I got dat chest even though I wasn't planning to buy this game at all. Gamestop guy just recommended pre-ordering it so I was like "ok" (I am an easy customer).
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Waddle Bro

Gary, I can buy that chest from you if you don't want it. Cuz I believe we're both Finnish. :3

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Kman96 on November 25, 2013, 05:55:31 PM...yugi, why did you change the name of this thread? ???

I just assume that when I don't understand what Yugi is talking about he's trying to be clever.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GaryOak

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 26, 2013, 04:33:31 AMGary, I can buy that chest from you if you don't want it. Cuz I believe we're both Finnish. :3

I was planning to give it as a present to one of my Zelda fanatic friends sry :( but you're definitely in the second place in my Who will get my fancy Zelda chest -list!!
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Waddle Bro

<3 u2 Gary

I feel nintendo.fi should have informed about this preorder chest. They get lazier with the updates and events more and more.

MasterProX

Beat the Turtle Rock and Dark Palace dungeons just now. Three more to go.

There's another small thing I need help with though.
Spoiler
In the Dark Palace, there's this one room on the first floor (I think) that I don't know how to get into. It's the room below the one where you have the rising and descending platform in the middle, that you have to use to throw bombs on the switches on the sides of the moving platform.
[close]

FierceDeity

Masterprox, I'm at that part right now, actually.
Spoiler
I've yet to figure it out either. I initially assumed that, seeing as bombs are the main ravio item in this one, you had to blow a hole in the bottom wall, and so I have set bombs on literally every inch of that wall, to no avail. I tried consulting a hint ghost, but it literally told me exactly what I'd suspected, that it needed "a well placed bomb". So, yeah, I'm kinda at a loss here, as well. Which kinda pisses me off, because I'm 99% sure there's a master ore in there.
[close]

Yugi

MasterProX

Quote from: Yugi on November 27, 2013, 12:42:32 AMThis sounds pretty cool.

I personally prefer the Dark World theme.

Also, Fierce...
Spoiler
You're supposed to put a bomb on the bottom of the moving platform, when it's all the way down. And unfortunately, the only thing in this hidden room is a fairy spring. The real good stuff was that Master Ore from the secret second floor room, which I'm assuming you already found...
[close]

Yugi

FierceDeity

So, I just beat the game, and to say that I shat myself in awe would be an understatement, so let me elaborate on that a little bit.

Don't read this unless you've finished the game
When Zelda gave me the bow of light, my intestines started to quiver.
When Ravio turned out to be Link's Lorule counterpart, my stomach started to emit a low, rumbling sound.
When Link and Zelda used their wish to restore Lorule's triforce, the seat of my pants started glowing with a bright light, and then my bowels released a river of shit the magnitude of which Andy Dufresne had to crawl through in Shawshank Redemption.
Needless to say, I was completely awestruck by how great that ending was.
[close]

Detailed shitting metaphors for my feelings about this ending aside, I am in love with the soundtrack for this game.

not really a spoiler unless you don't wanna know how the music develops
Having attempted to compose video game music, I'm so amazed by the way that they developed the music in this game. It seems as if they managed to find the perfect balance between repetitiveness and maintenance of interest. Orchestration of songs from A Link to the Past aside, they did some amazing things unique to this game; for example, the changing of the themes of Hyrule Field and Lorule Field in subtle but significant ways. What really blew my mind, though, was the theme for the very last dungeon. At the beginning, it was already amazing. But then, what's this? I beat a boss, and it gets a little more complex and variant. I beat another, and the pattern continues, and WAIT IS THAT GANON'S THEME HOLY SHIT. I beat the third, and the fourth, and I literally hold off going to the final boss so that I can listen to this final development some more. I cannot overstate how happy that made me.
[close]

Also, completely unrelated side note, but masterprox, I forgot to tell you I figured out that room in the dark palace.
Spoiler
You have to set a bomb on the bottom of the platform that raises and lowers so that it goes off when it's lowered, and it'll break a hole in the wall right beneath that. Which, I could have sworn I had tried already, but apparently my bomb hadn't been "well-placed" enough.
[close]

MasterProX

I too beat the game earlier... it was awesome.

And I already found out about the room in the Dark Palace... I even posted it for you in case you needed my help.

So, I just need a couple more heart pieces and ~60 more Maiamais, then I'll have completed the game 100%... on Normal.  I'll start working on Hero soon.