The Official Nintendo Direct Topic!

Started by EFitTrainr, April 16, 2013, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Time will tell, but I'm sure that they'll tell us a lot more about it when it gets closer to release. Of course, with a title like that, it probably won't be getting a release until the holidays.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

I'm sure that they already have it mostly done but just want to keep it secret as possible :P
If I had to guess a release date I'd say mid november at the latest
unmotivated

Nebbles

Most likely, that sounds about right.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Something interesting that i noticed about the new Fire Emblem after watching it again is that the background when you go into the attacking animation is dependant on almost exactly where you are in the map. For example, when one of the characters attacked an enemy in a hallway, they attacked at a few spaces away from the corner of the corridor. That shows up when you go into the animation. Also, the transition is pretty much seamless, apparently.

Nebbles

Looks like they improved that aspect from Awakening, which is rad. The game looks pretty so far.

I wonder who the dancer chick is. Female lord?? Please? That'd be rad.

KefkaticFanatic

The direct was only for Spring titles, which none of the Wii U games will be.  I'm sure they're saving those for around E3 time.

me irl
[close]

Nebbles

Most likely. I'm sure Zelda Wii U will take up lots of focus at E3, perhaps Xenoblade Chronicles X and a few others as well.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on January 14, 2015, 11:24:05 AMLooks like they improved that aspect from Awakening, which is rad. The game looks pretty so far.

I wonder who the dancer chick is. Female lord?? Please? That'd be rad.
not sure if this is really a spoiler?
but lucina was technically a female lord...lol
[close]

Nebbles

Yes, but other than her, there's... Lyn, Eirika, and Micaiah. All who have ehhhh stats. I want more female lords.

K-NiGhT

oh see i've only played awakening lol so i didn't know that

Nebbles

You should play some other Fire Emblem games :o fe7 and fe8 are on the eshop! You should get them!

Jamaha

YEAAAAAH, Fire Emblem!

As much I'd like to see a Wii U Fire Emblem, it makes sense that they'd focus on 3DS instead. IIRC, Awakening sold much more than expected so a "sequel" to it is the safer option, bigger user base too. Also they can reuse lots of assets from Awakening.

Battle transitions look cool. Personally I wish they'd remove the reclassing option from this one, though I might be in the minority with that opinion. Also, feet.

Nebbles

Reclassing is great, but at the same time, can really take away a lot of challenge. If anything I'd like an option where promotion items are easy to get, but there's like, the fe8 route where there's two options for each class.

Awakening was SUPER popular, so the 3ds route will get the same people back to buy this one.

blueflower999

I'm personally banking on a glorious HD Fire Emblem game within a few years. Seems pretty possible considering that the Wii had Radiant Dawn and the Gamecube had Path of Radiance.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

I do foresee a Wii U title if this new Fire Emblem sells well enough.