The Official Nintendo Direct Topic!

Started by EFitTrainr, April 16, 2013, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

We can't be friends anymore. I'm sorry.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 03, 2016, 05:29:21 PMI feel like I'm the only one out there who liked Sticker Star...
Nope, I LOVED it too! It gets 10/10 in my books! :D

I haven't played any of the other ones in the series, though, so I can't compare. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

Quote from: fingerz on March 03, 2016, 06:10:21 PMNope, I LOVED it too! It gets 10/10 in my books! :D

I haven't played any of the other ones in the series, though, so I can't compare. :P
Get out.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Well, no wonder you think Sticker Star is good.

Latios212

Quote from: fingerz on March 03, 2016, 06:10:21 PMI haven't played any of the other ones in the series, though, so I can't compare. :P
You... WHAT
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Nebbles on March 03, 2016, 06:10:49 PMWell, no wonder you think Sticker Star is good.

Yes, true. Sticker Star is the worst PM game, I will agree, but it's still a very good game in my opinion. The other Paper Mario games were just extraordinarily fantastic.

I think people put it down too much because they compare it with the other PM games too often. The GTI of the PM series.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

MaestroUGC

The problem is it's a Paper Mario game in name only. If it wasn't for the art direction, you wouldn't know it was Paper Mario.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Even as a standalone game, Sticker Star fails because it does something any turn based RPG worth its salt should never do: negate the fucking need for a turn-based battle system.

fingerz

Precisely! I loved how hard it was in terms of the puzzles. Stick a fridge in a volcano, 'cause SENSE. XD

There were things I didn't like about it (no leveling up) and a ridiculously stereotypical storyline that wasn't even really a storyline, but I liked the concepts behind it and GOD THE MUSIC IS AMAZING!!

I've started playing Super Paper Mario and Thousand-Year Door and they seem to be more storyline driven, so I see why there's hate on Sticker Star. I enjoyed it, though, and would happily play it again. ;)
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

Quote from: fingerz on March 03, 2016, 06:10:21 PMI haven't played any of the other ones in the series, though, so I can't compare. :P
:o

fingerz

I'm a HUGE traditional RPG hater in truth. I really only like RPGs that allow you to cheat, e.g. Sticker Star & the Bravely series (more turns than one per actual turn), the Mario & Luigi RPG series (you can dodge) and Pokemon ('cause it's so shit easy). I just find it too hard otherwise and end up not playing them... XD

Nebbles

RPGs ain't hard if you know what you're doing. I love me some good, hard turn based RPGs. Challenge me. Give me incentive to get stronger and overcome challenges. Don't fucking hold my hand the whole way and strip away any remote sense of difficulty you could've offered.

fingerz

I agree completely. It's just that my highest level of difficulty is probably most traditional RPGs on easy-mode... I'm not very smart or RPG-savvy when it comes to those things. Too many classes and drop-down menus and stats and equipment and *brain explodes*!

I dunno, I have a very delicate balance when it comes to 'hard' RPGs. Most are way above what I could ever hope to comprehend. :P

Nebbles

I just love learning that kinda stuff, because it adds a whole new depth of gameplay to me. Like when I first got into Fire Emblem and divulged into what classes were best for each unit, in Awakening what stats to pass down to make the strongest kids, etc. But that's how I play games, because I'm a huge nerd and adding layers to what's already given to me is really, really fun.

But you gotta keep that fun there. This is why I hated Sticker Star's piss poor excuse for a "battle" system.

BlackDragonSlayer

Ooh... Star Fox games (games!) look good, new Kirby game looks fun, and Metroid Prime Federation Force looks... still mediocre, but not as bad as before. Also, rumors, get hyped?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber