News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Official Nintendo Direct Topic!

Started by EFitTrainr, April 16, 2013, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

There's already predatory microtransaction and DLC confirmed on Splatoon and that Animal Crossing game soooo I think we can safely say Nintendo has entered the "beginner" phase of modern online.

me irl
[close]

fingerz

Great. My impressed meter has just dropped. A lot.  >:(
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sebastian

I got triple star on all the cups excluding the mirror mode.
Honestly, 150cc was simple to triple star so.....200cc better be harder! :)

Oh and I'll be buying Paper Mario when it comes out the 30th.
Only if they had 3ds games playable on Wii U.....

KefkaticFanatic

Ain't nothin like a cash in.  I guess it's possible that 3DS carts could be too small to handle both of whatever "major" differences there might be, but it definitely seems like a play for pokemon-esque dual versions and the easy money that comes with that.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

True I agree. Still, my guess is that the changes won't merit buying both editions.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Didn't you notice that buying one game lets you get the other for 1/2 off as DLC? Or that the dowload had both? Or the special edition with all 3 and an artbook?

KefkaticFanatic

"The download had both" would likely be at a higher cost, and they'll have individual versions with access to the other half via paid downloadable DLC, and a deluxe edition (at almost double cost) with both editions and subscription to future DLC.

So yes, cash in.  Nintendo is embracing horrible DLC practices with great enthusiasm.

me irl
[close]

DonValentino

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on April 02, 2015, 12:07:05 PMSo yes, cash in.  Nintendo is embracing horrible DLC practices with great enthusiasm.

This. Couldn't they just put both stories in a single game and then you choose? If it's not for money, I can't see why they just don't do what they already did with Sacred Stones...

Maelstrom

I won't call it a cash in until I find out how different the stories are. From what I can tell, they start similarly but diverge in completely different directions, much more than any pokemon game. Again, we won't know how bad it will be until we get more information. We might not even get the split versions here.

Maelstrom

Double post, but tapatalk. I did the math and the dlc for the other campaign will probably be around $15.

Maelstrom

For those wanting more info on FE: If, check here
From the page:
QuoteFans worried about having the game split in half needn't worry; according to Nintendo, each version by itself contains about as much content as the previous game, Awakening. So you won't be paying for half a game if you buy one version.

TheDreamingHawk

Rather excited to see DS and N64 games hit the Wii U Virtual Console. Hopefully they'll rerelease Lufia Curse of the Sinistrals and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games on the VC soon, as they are great RPGs. Kirby Canvas Curse wouldn't hurt either (especially with the sequel on the Wii U). I thought the direct earlier this month was the best yet due to the VC announcements, learning that SMTXFE is still alive, along with the Smash Bros and Mario Kart news.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

EFitTrainr

You guys I HAVE A THEORY

I think that there will be a Nintendo Direct in this next week.

"But Eric, they wouldn't have a Direct release without warning!" -Pretty much what Kman96 said to me earlier
And I say to that, "Actually, that's generally how they do them..."

"But Eric, why would it be this week?"
Well, I'll tell you!

On October 12th, in NYC, there is a performance of the Zelda Symphony. No big deal, right? Actually, it IS kind of a big deal, since according to a press release, this performance will include music from upcoming games. This could be talking about Triforce Heroes, but that doesn't make sense to me, since they would've just said Triforce Heroes instead of games. And why would they release the first new information on Zelda Wii U this year at an event not live streamed and limited to one location? A Direct would make much more sense.

Additionally, the first DeNA game announcement is "coming soon."

We have information about Zygarde, including new forms, and the title of the next season of Pokemon is XY and Z... but there's no Z version yet. Hmm. It's almost like they're preparing for an announcement. Maybe in a Direct or something.

And apparently Pikmin 4 is near completion, which is odd, since we know nothing beyond that. I hope they Directly announce it soon.

Do you guys know what happened on October 3rd, 2014? Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS released in the US. One year later, the poll for DLC characters finished. It sure would be nice to know who's coming to smash. Say, a Direct would be the PERFECT place to announce that!

Hey, what ever happened to those games from E3 we still know nothing about, like Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam? I sure hope we find something out soon, perhaps via Direct?
I like food.

Sebastian

I like your theory! I can't wait to hear what Nintendo has planned and how they will go about things with a new president.