News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

The Official Nintendo Direct Topic!

Started by EFitTrainr, April 16, 2013, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Sure, but as someone who doesn't have time for gaming on the go anymore, I'd prefer comfort over convenience.

Hell, I'm usually carrying a bag of some sort with me anyway, so it's not like I'm putting the thing in my pocket anyway.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 14, 2015, 08:55:12 AMSome of us prefer our portable systems to actually be portable.
you mean you can't fit a 3DS XL in your pocket? I have absolutely no trouble putting it in a coat pocket, and it even just fits in one of my pants pockets :P
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Olimar12345

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 14, 2015, 09:08:16 AMSure, but as someone who doesn't have time for gaming on the go anymore, I'd prefer comfort over convenience.

Hell, I'm usually carrying a bag of some sort with me anyway, so it's not like I'm putting the thing in my pocket anyway.

^ purpose=defeated. Also weird move to not include an AC adapter. Moar Nintendo being Nintendo.

QuoteI don't understand how an ac adapter is an optional inclusion with a $200 handheld
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 14, 2015, 08:55:12 AMSome of us prefer our portable systems to actually be portable.

It fits in my pocket, that's about as portable as it gets lmao. What do you mean by not portable?

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 14, 2015, 09:10:48 AMAlso weird move to not include an AC adapter. Moar Nintendo being Nintendo.

To be fair the AC Adapter wasn't even included with the normal 3DS XL in Japan. They're assuming most people getting this are upgrading, and they're right.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 14, 2015, 09:08:51 AMyou mean you can't fit a 3DS XL in your pocket? I have absolutely no trouble putting it in a coat pocket, and it even just fits in one of my pants pockets :P
And then you have a giant rectangle in your pocket.

I liked the DS Lite's design the best.  Not that I'm complaining about my XL, but it's just a little bit too big and hefty for it to be comfortable anywhere other than my backpack!  Also I'll laugh at the suckers who buy a new 3ds for 200-250 or whatever it's going to be if they already have one
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

So, right now there are a few things that I'm somewhat interested in, and a few things that make me sad. I'm liking what I've seen of Splatoon, and I may even pick it up! Xenoblade looks hype.

EDIT: I agree with Olimar's statement. It's a little odd that they're not including a charger for the thing. While a lot of people will probably get the system to upgrade, some people will eventually be getting it for the first time. Now they have the added cost of a charger for the dang thing.

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 14, 2015, 09:23:13 AM"It fits in my pocket, that's about as portable as it gets lmao. What do you mean by not portable?"

Slow says while wearing the cargoist of cargo shorts. Some of us wear jeans, y'all!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 14, 2015, 09:23:13 AMTo be fair the AC Adapter wasn't even included with the normal 3DS XL in Japan. They're assuming most people getting this are upgrading, and they're right.

It should be a given that when I buy a new game console I get all of the necessary components to use said console. Basically out of the box you'll only get enough battery power to perform that mandatory system update that came out right before launch.

Also, getting your hands on what would previously be a "replacement" AC adapter (probably to be renamed "sold separately adapter") could become an issue all on its own. The way Nintendo has been going with its accessories *coughGCNAdaptercough* we could see more shitty supply and crazy Amazon price inflations. d:
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I hate shorts and I wear skinny jeans lol

KefkaticFanatic

That's pretty silly, if I buy it as an upgrade I am going to want to peddle off my old one, which is harder when you go "oh well I have to keep the charger so go buy your own"

However, unless I see like 8 games with substantial differences on new 3DS I am not going to blow the extra 70-100 to upgrade to an essentially identical system.  I suspect this is just going to be the DSi for the 3DS anyway.

But wow, people were so excited about the swappable covers for the smaller model, I'm pretty surprised they just went "oh well we don't need to release that here".  Nintendo management just seems... a little scrambled.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Can't disagree with that. The swappable face plates were really anticipated.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Nebbles on January 14, 2015, 10:55:22 AMNEW FIRE EMBLEM

HYPEEEEEEEEE
I tried to get excited for it, but when I found out that it was only on 3DS and looked almost exactly like Awakening, I was a little put off. I was expecting a Wii U title tbh. I may check it out if there isn't anything else on the radar when it comes out.

Nebbles

I was sort of hoping for a Wii U FE as well, but I'm still excited nonetheless.

K-NiGhT

there were quite a few nice looking titles so far, and they didn't even show the huge titles like Zelda WiiU and Starfox WiiU. My wallet is going to feel the burn this year.

Nebbles

I was hoping for more Zelda WiiU news. Maybe we'll get a Zelda direct in the future for it?