News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Nintendo's going Paranormal with Mario

Started by Ragster, April 14, 2013, 07:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragster

OK, I've just discovered the creepiest things about the new Mario games. NINTENDO HAS BECOME OBSESSED WITH PARANORMAL EASTER EGGS. Well, I guess that's a little over-exaggerated. But maybe you'll want to take a look for yourself and decide:

Super Mario Galaxy 2: Beyond Hell Valley Ghosts
    Video Walkthrough

Super Mario 3D Land: World 4-4 (perhaps Beyond Hell Valley) Ghost
    Video Walkthrough
        - Change quality to 480p
        - Look left of the timer

Super Mario 3D Land: World 1-3 UFO
    Video Walkthrough

Yep. Creepy.

MaestroUGC

You've never played Luigi's Mansion, then.

Really, this started back with Super Mario 64, that damn piano.

Many a controller were thrown in fear.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 14, 2013, 10:13:47 PMReally, this started back with Super Mario 64, that damn piano.

Many a controller were thrown in fear.
Don't do it!!

[close]
If we could kill it, it might be a lot less horrifying, but noooo...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 14, 2013, 10:13:47 PMYou've never played Luigi's Mansion, then.
I never thought I'd see the day when Nintendo would put a legitimate jump scare in one of their games. I watched a Let's Play of Dark Moon and nearly passed out when
Spoiler
King Boo jumped out at the screen in that one security picture of the Treacherous Mansion.
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

...I didn't think that qualifies as a jump scare at all. Lol.

Dark Moon is probably the best game currently out on the 3DS, in my opinion. My favorite is Miracle Mask, but Luigi's Mansion I would call the best.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ragster

I've yet to finish Luigi's Mansion. What?! Is there something that clarifies this or is all of this supposed to have led up to Luigi's Mansion? Supposedly the textures were hidden in a few galaxies, and were originally apart of the beta. The Grandmaster Galaxy has the Hell Valley Sky Trees in it too, but I haven't found a video of it.

I need to get back to playing Luigi's Mansion... I can never stay playing the same game for too long.

uberdragon

Luigi's Mansion (GCN)'s creepy part is a lighting effect in the telephone room of him being hung.
REEEALLLY creepy. Hopefully it was just a glitch, but it's scary.

Quote from: Dudeman on April 15, 2013, 05:45:51 PMI never thought I'd see the day when Nintendo would put a legitimate jump scare in one of their games. I watched a Let's Play of Dark Moon and nearly passed out when
Spoiler
King Boo jumped out at the screen in that one security picture of the Treacherous Mansion.
[close]
This is about as scary as when the
Spoiler
pink and purple ghosts pop off the ceiling at you in GCN...
[close]
That only scared me when I was 5 or 6.
"You believed your prophecy, and we believed in mopping the floor with you."
-Bowser
Super Paper Mario

Ragster

Oooooh OK, I thought there was something in the new one. That part is weird. I hope it was just a glitch :P

The part on Luigi's Mansion that freaked me out the most would have to be when he fell through the chimney, then woke up to find out he was almost crushed. Dark Moon just doesn't have that essence of freakyness, at least not to me.

uberdragon

Mario Party 8 has a really creepy minigame called eyebrawl.
when you win, your victory dance is interrupted by little eyes that surround the loser, who falls down screaming, and you run off, and the screen shows the large eyeball in the background staring for 10-11 seconds...Really creepy.
"You believed your prophecy, and we believed in mopping the floor with you."
-Bowser
Super Paper Mario