News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG LI: A Role Reunion

Started by davy, April 11, 2013, 02:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

My computer was glitched for a while so I coudn't post. So....... Can I ask who died?
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

vermilionvermin

Nobody's died yet.  If you see this message, send me a PM telling me your role.  I have the armor of Achilles, an item which can only be given to humans.

Waddle Bro

Yugi

Waddle Bro

Yugi

i just claimed to motou oh no

Waddle Bro

Yugi

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 12, 2013, 03:58:28 AMno u didnt

im mutou
waddle

Also, I live in New South Wales, meaning that I measure time in AEST. Daylight savings just ended here.

davy

TWG LI: A Role Reunion

Wolves:
1. Skuntank - Master Wolf Coroner
Every time a player dies, this player will be told the dead player's role. (TWG XXXIX: Perfect Apples)
2. Mr. Mutou - Negation Wolf Expeller
Sends a message to the host every Night Phase with a name of a player. That player's power will fail. Can send a message to the host during any phase, multiple times in the same phase if needed, with the name of a player and a role. If the player and role correlate, the player will die. If not, Mr. Mutou may not expel that role or player from the game. (TWG XXX: Disability Girls)
3. Andrew Jackson - Duelist wolf
If in a KitB he will always survive. In the result of a KitB with three or more players, he can choose a player that will be ignored in the dice roll (a free pass). Unlimited uses. If the Hero of Hope becomes a wolf, Andrew Jackson becomes a Human. (TWG XXXVII: Time for a History lesson)

Independents:
4. Messenger
Sends the name of one player every phase to the Host. At the end of that Phase, that player and the Messenger will both be aware of the player's role. (However, the player will not know who the Messenger is.) (TWG XIX: Mind Games)
5. Totem Guy - Tribune
Sends in a tribune 150 words or less.  If either the Happy Mask Salesman or Strange Man dies, he may take over for them, becoming orange as well if he takes over the HMS.  However, he will maintain his tribune abilities. (TWG L: Zombies!)
6. Happy Mask Salesman - Wolfsbane
Will be told what players have a Latern at the beginning of each night.  (TWG XLVIII: 72 Hours Remaining)
7. Strange Man - Wolfsbane
Can guess the names of all players with laterns during the night phase. If he's correct, those players and all players seer'd red (wolves except for skuntank and millers) will die and the laterns will be lost. (TWG IX: The Latern keeper)

Humans:
8. Traitor - Human counterpart of the Wolf.  Does not count toward the Wolf population.  Does count, however, to the Human population. (TWG XXII: Theatre)
9. Magnus - Morph
During the day he will select a username (by PM) and effectively "become" that player for the course of the following night. (Ex/ If Magnus selects a wolf, he may vote for wolfings). If this player attempts to morph into the Strange man, the morphing will result in becomming a normal human. If this player morphs into Mr. Mutou, he'll die at the end of the night phase. (TWG XL: Uprising Madness).
10. Hero of Hope – Tribune
Sends in a tribune 150 words or less. Has a 20% chance of becomming a wolf at the start of the game. (TWG XXXI: Just another SBURB session)
11. Maya Fey - Medium
Every Night phase, can PM the host two y/n questions to ask any dead player in the game.  At the end of the phase, the Medium recieves the answers to the questions.  The dead person doesn't have to be truthful in answering these questions. (TWG XVI: Objection)
12. Daisy
Will be told she's a human. Will receive a PM upon death notifying her of her role. May choose to reveal the role of one person after she dies. (TWG XLII: Waluigi Time)
13. Scientist - Herring
Will be told he's a human. (TWG XXVIII: Pokémon Black and White)
14. Raiden who hisses - Miller
In the Day Phase update, if Raiden is alive a hiss sound will be heard. Will be told he's a human. (TWG XXXVIII: Snakes on a Plane)
15. Brutal Human
Will be told he's a human. Will receive a PM upon death notifying him of his role. When lynched, chooses a Player that voted for him/her and kills him/her. (TWG XXIV: Sauce Is Pretty Coll)

Items:
Armor of Achilles - This item is sent to a random human (not the traitor) at the start of the game. This armor, when in the possession of a player, will protect him from being wolfed, but not lynched. If the player is lynched with the armor, then the armor is lost forever. The player can choose to send the armor to any other player by PM'ing the host and letting him know which player to send it to. (TWG VI: Rise of the Olympians)
4 Lanterns of the Night: These Lanterns are given to three random players, but not to Independents. Also, if the first three Laterns are given to wolves or the traitor, the final one will be given to a random human (except traitor) so that at the start of the game there's at least one Latern in human possesion. Holding a Lantern allows the player to know the names of the other players with Lanterns. Every Night phase, the players with lanterns will submit one vote each to the host in order to choose one person who is currently holding a lantern to be seer'd. The person with the most votes is then seer'd (in the event of a tie vote, a KitB occurs). The seering results will then be sent to the other three players with lanterns who were not seer'd. By PM'ing the host, laterns can be passed to a random other player, but never to an independent, during day only. The players with Lanterns will always know who has the other lanterns. Whether or not they allow anyone who doesn't hold a lantern to possess their knowledge is entirely up to them. If a player holding a latern dies, he'll keep the latern in his tomb (as in the strange man must still guess that person). (TWG IX: The Latern Keeper)

Wolves know eachother (Roleflip of Hero of Hope/Andrew Jackson is done before the wolves are told what players are there partners). Humans and Independents don't know eachother.

Win Conditions:

HMS and/or Latern Keeper≥Wolves+Humans: Independents win.
Wolves≥Independents+Humans (consisting of at least one human or the Messenger): Wolves win.
Wolves are dead and Independents≥Humans: Independents win.
Wolves and Independents are dead and there is at least one human alive: Humans Win.

1. Yugi
2. Blueflower999
3. TheZeldaPianist275
4. Bubbles7689
5. FSM-Reapr
6. Dude
7. gzgregory
8. spitllama
9. BlackDragonSlayer
10. Shadowkirby
11. Vermillionvermin
12. Waddle Bro
13. Kman96
14. Hunter of Souls
15. Wolf

Replacements:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Night 1 is over. Yugi, FSM, BDS, Shadowkirby, vermillionvermin, and wolf all died. It's now day one. Day one ends April 14th on 4:30AM AKST/5:30AM PST/6:30AM MST/7:30AM CST/8:30AM EST/1:30PM GMT/2:30PM CET/3:30PM EET/11:30PM AEST.

Also, it's completely silent. Not even a hiss sound is heard.

And so the game began. BDS was the first one to point out a strategy, but opted out of it when he reminded himself that mr. Mutou might stop it. Yugi commented on my story (I broke the fourth wall for you). But the first one who really came with a strategy that would later be followed (I don't count this post, because it was outside this game) was FSM.

TheZeldaPianist didn't agree with it, and so the first discussion of the game started.

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on April 11, 2013, 05:29:47 AMI suggest that the player who has the Armor of Achilles should claim, but not tell us his role because of Mr. Mutou.
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 05:56:19 AM^And why is that? This could be just me being narrow-minded, but I see no way that could help.
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on April 11, 2013, 06:01:03 AMBecause only a human would receive the Armor, making him confirmed. Also the fact that he can't be wolfed or killed by Mr. Mutou gives us a powerful alliance leader.
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 06:19:03 AMThat doesn't confirm him. What if a new, inactive player like Wolf gets it and someone lies? Also, you cannot confirm the player who receives it's humanity.
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on April 11, 2013, 06:37:57 AMThe Armor is sent to a random human. -___-

Then verm claimed to have the armor, which caused TheZeldaPianist to continue his discussion with verm.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 03:05:02 PMWay to bandwagon guys -__-  Verm, were you asking for role claims, or armor claims?

And I am deliberately not going to say whether I have the armor or not.  Verm has given us ABSOLUTELY no reason to trust him.  I didn't like this plan in the first place, so I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into it by neither confirming or denying my holding the armor.  This is not just going against FSM for the heck of it.  I do not want to give Verm too much power, and I could completely see him false-claiming with two of two outcomes: 1) an inactive having it, and Verm being able to get away safe with the bacon or 2) someone counter-claiming it and Verm convincing people that he has it simply because he is quite a good player.  This is a very bold stroke Verm would take, that could completely allow him to dominate the game.  As of right now, my lips are shut as to whether I have the armor.   :-X
Quote from: vermilionvermin on April 11, 2013, 03:39:02 PMRole claims.  And I still am.

"I didn't like this plan so I'm going to actively try to undermine it"

Not sure if you're a wolf trying to sort out whether you want to counterclaim me or if you're just being stubborn.

1) Relying on inactives is always a terrible strategy.  I claimed as soon as I saw my role PM.  It's expected of everyone to check the thread at least once Night 1.  Relying on maybe one person in fifteen not checking the thread is a silly strategy.

2)  The armor is transferrable, so if I didn't have it it'd become pretty obvious.  It's suicide for a player to lie about having the armor because it guarantees lynching the next day.  I want to direct the powers Night 1.  I need claims to do that.
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 04:35:50 PMYes.   Yes I am, because I think it spells disaster.

Reread the humans section.  Exactly what powers are you trying to keep people from wasting?

Verm, I am not claiming to you just yet.  I want to trust you, but I've seen you do this way too many times for you to be extremely trustworthy.  For now, my identity stays hidden.  And

Yes.  I am.
Quote from: vermilionvermin on April 11, 2013, 05:26:18 PMTZP, stop being stubborn.  Come to the chat if you want to talk about this, but it's incredibly stupid of me to claim this if I don't actually have it.
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 06:08:12 PMUgh....all right....

I guess I should apologize.  This is my weakness, and at this point I'm even worse than BDS.  Everybody, I'm sorry for being so stubborn and paranoid.  Let's officially get this game going.

Verm, claim coming your way.

Oh, and in the meantime BlackDragonSlayer also had a discussion with Waddle.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 11, 2013, 12:15:36 PMYeah; the wolves will obviously avoid that person.

Seems like a good idea... might work?
He should wait until the day; any chance for a failed wolfing is a good chance. We're not missing anything by waiting.
...nevermined... I guess...

I do not have the armor.
Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 11, 2013, 12:22:53 PMThe main reason why it's best to start an alliance is because there's a wolf coroner and if he wolfes someone like Magnus, the results would be devastating, because he'd just claim that role.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 11, 2013, 12:30:37 PMI'm not saying that it's bad to start an alliance. It's just that it is (was, at least) possible to have a chance at avoiding a wolfing.
Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 11, 2013, 12:33:11 PMBut when it comes to chances, starting the alliance Day 1 isn't a good idea.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 11, 2013, 12:35:41 PM???
You're not giving any reasons why: Not claiming immediately will (rather, would have been) essentially be like a guarding, since we don't have any guardian in this game. Any chance is better than no chance.
Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 11, 2013, 12:49:10 PM-.- Can't you really calculate the chances yourself? I thought you were good in math! Well, let's see. The chance of a failed wolfing is 1/12. The chances of the wolves completetely owning the game by killing a human who knows it's role is 4/12 = 1/3, which is a huge risk to take considering that could cost us the game.

This was just some quick math I did. I actually can't believe you'd rather wanted the Armor guy claim during Day rather than the Night. Seems just a little bit wolfish action, if I do say so myself.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 11, 2013, 01:15:51 PMHoping to avoid a wolfing = Wolf-like action
Flawless logic.

Also, your calculations are incorrect: there are only 8 humans, if I am not mistaken; you are also factoring in Independents, which would bring the proper calculation to 1/8... or not, especially since Vermilionvermin (remember who was wolfed first in 72 Hours Remaining? :P :P) has the armor (or is a wolf trying to completely trick us... but let's not assume so quickly).
Also, if the wolves wolf somebody with a role not easy to imitate (e.g. any of the normal humans, and, to a certain extent, Hero of Hope and Magnus, if I have read their role descriptions properly), which would place them in obvious suspicion.

If the wolf claims to imitate the Hero of Hope, they can't send in a tribune (a public message, correct??), which automatically exposes them, unless they have a great excuse for missing a tribune every single phase. :P
The same thing applies to Magnus: if the wolf can't keep up with the power (literally, fulfill the effects of what they claim to be), then they'll be exposed as a wolf. Theoretically, they could just claim to morph into Andrew Jackson (or Skuntank itself), but a simple KitB would quickly expose it.

Entire list of humans roles the wolf can not claim, at least from my deductions:
Magnus
Hero of Hope
Daisy
Raiden who hisses
Brutal Human

Leaving three roles that would allow for a good chance for the wolf to sneak in.

However, since the armor-holder has already claimed, it doesn't matter... better get an alliance going...

And in the meantime of the meantime (I'm the host, so I'm allowed to say that), gzgregory told people to be careful of that plan, kman was exited, nearly everyone said they didn't have the armor, TheZeldaPianist and BlackDragonSlayer would have also broken the fourth wall if I wasn't so lazy, FSM told people to claim to verm, and gzgregory and kman disagreed with TheZeldaPianist.

Then wolf asked verm who died, and verm told him no one had died yet.

The night had almost ended, when some players heard some people screaming. They went to look what was up and noticed the corpses of six TWG players: Yugi, FSM, BDS, shadow, verm and wolf.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

FSM-Reapr

What the fuck did just happen. Sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough. WHAT THE FUCK DID JUST HAPPEN.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on April 12, 2013, 05:41:15 AMWhat the fuck did just happen. Sorry, I think I wasn't clear enough. WHAT THE FUCK DID JUST HAPPEN.

Exactly my thoughts, but I think I figured it out.  The Strange Man and the Happy Mask Salesman found each other and traded knowledge.  Boom.  Everybody with a lantern, two millers and two wolves are dead (at least one of the those roles probably had a lantern).  Lanterns are now gone, so forget my plan.

Waddle Bro

The Strange Man got reaaaaaaaally lucky, holy shit.

ninja'd
TZP, I can't think of how Strange Man would have gotten the HMS's information.

TheZeldaPianist275

Me neither, but it's the only possible explanation. There's no way that many people could have died otherwise.

This means only one wolf is alive. Davy, exactly how do the independents win? Are they on a team, or truly independent? That wasn't clear.

davy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 12, 2013, 05:58:45 AMMe neither, but it's the only possible explanation. There's no way that many people could have died otherwise.

This means only one wolf is alive. Davy, exactly how do the independents win? Are they on a team, or truly independent? That wasn't clear.
Quote from: davy on April 12, 2013, 05:30:49 AMWin Conditions:

HMS and/or Latern Keeper≥Wolves+Humans: Independents win.
Wolves≥Independents+Humans (consisting of at least one human or the Messenger): Wolves win.
Wolves are dead and Independents≥Humans: Independents win.
Wolves and Independents are dead and there is at least one human alive: Humans Win.

And they are on a team, just like in TWG XIX and L (the original games of the messenger and the Totem guy).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game