TWG LI: A Role Reunion

Started by davy, April 11, 2013, 02:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

that arguing with you is the same as arguing with a brick

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 11, 2013, 01:27:33 PM0-:D

That made my day.

FSM, sorry I didn't explain myself better; I was trying to crank that out on the way to school.  Disregarding the validity of Verm's claim, let's say that someone extremely inactive like Wolf gets the armor Night 1.  I doubt he would say that he does, leaving it open for a wolf to claim that he has the armor.  Someone like Wolf would probably not counterclaim that, leaving a wolf open for a so-called "confirmed" humanity.  There's also the chance that Mutou guesses the correct identity, in which case we'd lose our armor.  Basically someone claiming for the armor does not make them confirmed.  Not to mention any random cletis can claim human to the holder of the armor, even if they're a wolf or independent.  I honestly think it better to keep quiet about the armor for now.  That, plus I'm not terribly inclined to believe Verm right off the bat.

Now, about the lanterns: if you didn't see my suggested plan, read back a couple pages.  Chances are also in favor of the wolves getting at least one lantern.  Wolvesies, THIS PLAN ELIMINATES INDEPENDENTS AND DOES NOT HARM YOU IN ANY WAY. Is everybody in favor of my plan to track independents and take them down?

Oh, and Kman, I'm really excited to play a game with you  :D

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 11, 2013, 01:40:49 PMthat arguing with you is the same as arguing with a brick
That too, but you can learn that from any game. :P

TZP's plan seems rather solid... then again, he could be the Totem Guy hoping to unite his team, or the Strange Man hoping to find who the lanterns go to. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Hunter of Souls

Insert something funny or something wise that makes you look like a cool person...

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, something dawned on me: if somebody "rather inactive" is a wolf, it wouldn't matter whether or not the armor-holder claims; that person (the semi-inactive wolf) could just claim (to the armor-holder) that they were unable to claim earlier, even if they were counterclaimed.

There's also a chance that Verm is the Strange Man or HMS (since they're already Wolfsbanes). So many possibilities!! :o

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

EFitTrainr

I don't have the armour either.
I like food.

TheZeldaPianist275

Way to bandwagon guys -__-  Verm, were you asking for role claims, or armor claims?

And I am deliberately not going to say whether I have the armor or not.  Verm has given us ABSOLUTELY no reason to trust him.  I didn't like this plan in the first place, so I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into it by neither confirming or denying my holding the armor.  This is not just going against FSM for the heck of it.  I do not want to give Verm too much power, and I could completely see him false-claiming with two of two outcomes: 1) an inactive having it, and Verm being able to get away safe with the bacon or 2) someone counter-claiming it and Verm convincing people that he has it simply because he is quite a good player.  This is a very bold stroke Verm would take, that could completely allow him to dominate the game.  As of right now, my lips are shut as to whether I have the armor.   :-X

TheZeldaPianist275

And I just got around to reading the story.  That was pretty epic Davy  :D

Yugi

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 03:13:08 PMAnd I just got around to reading the story.  That was pretty epic Davy  :D
QuoteThen the Happy Mask Salesman entered. When he noticed Skuntank's stench he said: 'We've met with a terrible fate, haven't we?'

'Really?' Scientist Athena said, not noticing that the HMS was talking about Skuntank's stench, 'did your game went that bad?'

'That was not what I meant, but yeah, it could have gone better,' the HMS responded, 'I nearly had all the masks, but people became suspicious of me and Maestro, and then –'
:3
'tis a great story; I think we should have more games with stories (hinthint :P).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 03:05:02 PMWay to bandwagon guys -__-  Verm, were you asking for role claims, or armor claims?

Role claims.  And I still am.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 03:05:02 PMI didn't like this plan in the first place, so I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into it by neither confirming or denying my holding the armor.

"I didn't like this plan so I'm going to actively try to undermine it"

Not sure if you're a wolf trying to sort out whether you want to counterclaim me or if you're just being stubborn.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 03:05:02 PMI do not want to give Verm too much power, and I could completely see him false-claiming with two of two outcomes: 1) an inactive having it, and Verm being able to get away safe with the bacon or 2) someone counter-claiming it and Verm convincing people that he has it simply because he is quite a good player.  This is a very bold stroke Verm would take, that could completely allow him to dominate the game.  As of right now, my lips are shut as to whether I have the armor.   :-X

1) Relying on inactives is always a terrible strategy.  I claimed as soon as I saw my role PM.  It's expected of everyone to check the thread at least once Night 1.  Relying on maybe one person in fifteen not checking the thread is a silly strategy.

2)  The armor is transferrable, so if I didn't have it it'd become pretty obvious.  It's suicide for a player to lie about having the armor because it guarantees lynching the next day.  I want to direct the powers Night 1.  I need claims to do that.

BlackDragonSlayer

Although I had a bit of doubt at first (merely natural paranoia :P), I think Verm is trustworthy enough; there's no reason not to trust him, especially if we want to have a good chance against the wolves AND independents.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 11, 2013, 01:49:23 PMThat made my day.

FSM, sorry I didn't explain myself better; I was trying to crank that out on the way to school.  Disregarding the validity of Verm's claim, let's say that someone extremely inactive like Wolf gets the armor Night 1.  I doubt he would say that he does, leaving it open for a wolf to claim that he has the armor.  Someone like Wolf would probably not counterclaim that, leaving a wolf open for a so-called "confirmed" humanity.  There's also the chance that Mutou guesses the correct identity, in which case we'd lose our armor.  Basically someone claiming for the armor does not make them confirmed.  Not to mention any random cletis can claim human to the holder of the armor, even if they're a wolf or independent.  I honestly think it better to keep quiet about the armor for now.  That, plus I'm not terribly inclined to believe Verm right off the bat.

Now, about the lanterns: if you didn't see my suggested plan, read back a couple pages.  Chances are also in favor of the wolves getting at least one lantern.  Wolvesies, THIS PLAN ELIMINATES INDEPENDENTS AND DOES NOT HARM YOU IN ANY WAY. Is everybody in favor of my plan to track independents and take them down?
To make sure someone like wolf would claim that they have the armor, is the reason why everybody are saying "i haz no armadillo". If he'd happen to have it, he'd say "I have it". I won't claim to Verm until I'm sure that he's not counterclaimed. Also I wouldn't worry about the Mutou. (you can also give the armor to someone else and still pretend you have it) I think it's best that we get the alliance going.

also I like the Lantern plan

ninja'd