News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Common songs in multiple games

Started by JDMEK5, April 04, 2013, 09:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I've thought about this before, but what about those songs that make appearances in more than one game?
For example:

The Overworld theme from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages is the same as Link's Awakening.

Same thing happens over and over again in the Kirby series:

They're not exactly identical but the piano arrangements would could be. I'm thinking maybe they should also be arranged and submitted under the other games/titles. (Insert all that are applicable)
The reason I say this is because some people perhaps may have played Kirby Air Ride, but not Kirby's Dreamland for example. (As was the case with me)
What do you all think?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

I'm all for the idea, but only if the song is exactly the same in both games, i.e. how Professor Layton's theme is the same in all the games. The ones you posted? Nah they're different pieces and be arrangements could differ.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Very well. Except for the Zelda example because that is exactly the same.
For other ones such as the Kirby example, the arrangement could be different but doesn't necessarily have to be different.
(It's got the same notes, mostly different sounds/instruments)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

true. I think it should probably stay like this for now, but I see how this could be an issue.

TheZeldaPianist275

I concur.  If the same song is heard in different games, it should be reposted under each game it's in.  There are a couple examples of this already on the site.  Someone should get on that.

JDMEK5

Now do you think such an initiative should go under the "Fixing the Sheets project"?

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 04, 2013, 06:38:48 PMNow do you think such an initiative should go under the "Fixing the Sheets project"?

Or just pm the affiliated parties.  I'm extremely well-acquainted with the Zelda section, so I could handle that.  Send out a pm to each *offender, hehe* and ask them if they would resubmit their sheet in the next update, with an adjusted title, game name, and copyright, as need be.

JDMEK5

Why not just download the MUS, change the title, game name, and year; and submit that under the original arranger's name? Isn't that easier?

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 04, 2013, 06:55:27 PMWhy not just download the MUS, change the title, game name, and year; and submit that under the original arranger's name? Isn't that easier?

That could work too.  If they could submit it, that would be lovely, but if not, we can just get permission to do so, and I'm not even sure we need that.

Speaking of which, I actually need to resubmit one of the my sheets... it's in three other games other than the one it's under right now.  :P

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 04, 2013, 06:57:37 PMThat could work too.  If they could submit it, that would be lovely, but if not, we can just get permission to do so, and I'm not even sure we need that.
I don't think we need permission honestly. Those that are really below par as far as quality goes can be replaced and put under both games.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 04, 2013, 06:57:37 PMI actually need to resubmit one of the my sheets...
You has all of them gooder grammars. :P

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 04, 2013, 06:59:45 PMI don't think we need permission honestly. Those that are really below par as far as quality goes can be replaced and put under both games.
You has all of them gooder grammars. :P

Sounds good.  And I do has them XD

Now, I don't want this to count as my submissions.  I have sheets I arranged myself that I want to get on the site, so other peoples' are second priority.  Could we get a system worked up with Shadowkirby, maybe, since he does really do much critiquing?  Basically he checks for formatting, then we're good to submit because it's already on the site?

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 04, 2013, 07:13:31 PMCould we get a system worked up with Shadowkirby, maybe, since he does really do much critiquing?  Basically he checks for formatting, then we're good to submit because it's already on the site?
That could work. Any actually editing that needs to be done I could do. The only thing in theory I don't have is advanced analysis and history, but I know my way around some pretty complex chord progressions.
Now we just need to run this idea by a mod... (At least Shadowkirby for sure)

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

The more I think about this, the more I think it's totally unnecessary.

JDMEK5

Shut up Slow. :P The same thing's happening to me...

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon