News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Nintendo E3 2013

Started by DonValentino, April 02, 2013, 10:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendo Direct - Rate it!

5 (33.3%)
4 (26.7%)
2 (13.3%)
3 (20%)
1 (6.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

DonValentino

They have arrived. Now it's just a matter of time. Get excited.

DonValentino

"While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid franchise, we'd love to see another Nintendo hero get the retro stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out the barrels for Donkey Kong, perhaps it's time Retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind."
- Retro Studios, interview with Official Nintendo Magazine, January 2012

Took an old quote from Retro. Could this mean their project really is a new Starfox? Or it's just a casual coincidence?
Anyways, one thing's for sure, there's no better time to fully announce it than this E3.

Starfox, Metroid or whatever, it seems to be a huge game!
Just 2 more days and we will finally find out.

Waddle Bro

#1st trailer post

VANELLOPE VON SCHWEETZ GOING ALL GTA AND SHIZ makes this trailer worth watching

DonValentino

The game itself looks awesome! But never gonna buy it because you're forced to buy separate toys to unlock more characters (same thing goes for Pokemon Rumble U).

I hate that. I HATE IT. And it's a real bummer, since looks very nice.

Final day, finally! Quick, last bets? Here are mine:

- Retro's project is Starfox. I'm calling it. Release date announced not at E3, later.
- Super Mario 3D trailer and demo. Release date: maybe holidays 2013.
- Mario Kart 3D trailer and demo, too. Release date: with Super Mario U, to boost sales even more on holidays 2013.
- More Wind Waker HD. Final release date, playable demo of Windfall Island (since it appears to be modeled already) with some     
  little sailing to find out the new sailing controls.
- F-Zero U. Also calling it. Just a trailer, nothing else.
- Monolith's X, approximate release date (mid-2014?), long trailer and official name.
- Metroid U, Prime style. Short trailer. Release date not announced.
- 3rd sonic game. Release late 2014. Lost World: holiday 2013.
- Kingdom Hearts III also coming to Wii U (I hope...)
- Announcement of an account system for Nintendo Network. More details at a later date.
- GC games finally confirmed for Virtual Console, and maybe Ambassador Program for early Wii U adopters.
- Not much about Zelda U, maybe a picture. Release date mid/late-2015.
- Surprising new exclusive Wii U game/s (something like Bayonetta 2).
- SSB official name, short trailer and release date late 2014, if not 2015.

Regarding 3DS, not as much as with the Wii U:

- Layton VS Phoenix being localized. Azran Legacies release date.
- More Mario & Luigi Dream Team stuff.
- Pokemon X and Y (obviously, duh).
- Link to the Past 2 release date. Majora's Mask 3D finally announced, developed by GREZZO like OoT3D (release: mid-2014).
- Wario Land 3D. 'Nuff said.

TheZeldaPianist275

My predictions:

-Yeah, Retro's new game is probably Star Fox  ::)
-MKU & SMU this holiday would be great.
-What is Monolith's X?  I've heard about it, but don't really know what it is.
-Kirby & Metroid would not be a surprise.
-GCN GAMES FOR VC OH PLEASE
-Bayonetta 2.  They've gotta show this one.
-Lots of X & Y stuff.
-Lots of ALttP2 stuff.
-No MM3D
-Limited stuff on NSLU, Pikmin 3, and TWWHD, with release dates so close.  Prolly a little more on 101.
-Dream Team, MPwhatevernumberwe'reon, and SMASH BROS.
-Fire Emblem for Wii U?  :'( Pretty please?

Waddle Bro

*crosses fingerz for a Pokemon Colosseum/XD type of game*

SlowPokemon

I wouldn't mind hearing a bit about Zero Escape 3, even if it's just a name drop and nothing else.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 10, 2013, 02:24:28 PMI wouldn't mind hearing a bit about Zero Escape 3, even if it's just a name drop and nothing else.
This.  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Waddle Bro

SUPER HYPED

it comes for the wii u too so its technically related to the thread

DonValentino

TheZeldaPianist275

Guys, where are you watching this?  My video refuses to play for more than 2 seconds.

blueflower999

MEGA MAN IS IN SMASH BROS 4

AAAAAAAAHHH
Bulbear! Blueflower999

DonValentino

OMFGGGGGGGG SSB TRAILER. SAKURAI, YOU THE BOSS. But seriously, villager? You better add 10 more cool characters to compensate for it. Don't saying it's bad but... there are better character out there that would be better for SSB. The Newcomer trailers were godly wonderful, specially the 2nd one. (don't want to spoil)

Spoiler
Also: (no particular order)

1. NO WAY RETRO'S BEEN WORKING ON SOMETHING SUPER SECRET FOR + 2 YEARS AND IT'S ANOTHER DONKEY KONG. NO WAY.
I STILL BELIEVE THEY'RE WORKING ON STARFOX DAMMIT. Besides, Donkey Kong is not "another hero", it's the same one. IT HAS TO BE FOX! THEY WILL ANNOUNCE IT SOONER OR LATER.

2. Super Mario 3D World looks interesting. But Cat Mario?! WTF?! It's awesome, but weird!
The SUPER AWESOME THING about this is the multiplayer. Really like it. THIS is what we needed instead of NSMBU back then.

3. Bayonetta 2. Why does it have to release next year again?

4. A little bit disappointed with Monolith's X still called simply "X". Anyways, the game itself looks incredible.

5. No F-Zero after all... Or Metroid... Or Wario... Maybe next time.

6. MEGAMAN IN SSB!!!! I WANTED HIM THERE SINCE MELEE!!! AND HIS TRAILER IS SUPER AWESOME! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! AND DAT WILY STAGE! XD
Still not happy with the 3DS version so far. 100% chances I'm buying the Wii U version.

7. MARIO KART 8! OMFG! THEY DID IT! THEY ADDED SOMETHING REALLY NEW! Was that really possible? I believe some people at Nintendo are just magic... BUT WHY SPRING 2014!? I WANT IT NOW! DX

8. Wind Waker HD looks schweet! But I don't really like that blue "HD" below the logo. :P
[close]

I give this presentation a 9. Had enough things to get excited for, but a little bit more unexpected really breathtaking news an it would've been perfect. For example, what's really Retro's secret project? Tell us already! Iwata didn't say it was DKCRTF (so many letters) per se anyways. It HAS to be Starfox. It HAS to be. I'm sure.