1 (6.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

SlowPokemon

Really? I thought Brawl was a huge improvement over Melee, including the stages.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

I don't think anything will ever beat Melee Final Destination.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

DonValentino

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 07, 2013, 09:57:46 AMI just hope that the new SSB has levels as awesome as SSBM. Those stood unrivaled by those in SSBB. I'm always playing the past stages. :P
(If they bring back Young Link I'm going to have a heart attack due to ecstaticism)

They really should bring back ALL characters that have appeared in the first 3 games plus 6 or 7 new. That'd be so awesome.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 07, 2013, 10:50:09 AMReally? I thought Brawl was a huge improvement over Melee, including the stages.

Melee stages were ok, but Brawl ones are the real thing. I don't care what people say, but New Pork City is one of my favorite stages ever!

Also, idea! I think they should call it Super Smash Bros. Universe, I mean, it's the perfect name!

But not just that! It'd called Universe for something right? Well, I'd like to see the map of the adventure mode with various franchise universes. Example: Mario Universe, it would have some stages of course, and the bosses and enemies would be from the Mario series. I am a little disappointed in Brawl because the only enemies of a franchise you could see were Koopas, Goombas, Hammer Bros... Only Mario enemies, you know what I mean. But no Waddle Dees or Space Pirates or Octoroks.

The story could be something like: Someone (the main enemy, like Tabuu) is conquering entire universes, and for example, you start on the Mario Universe. Once you've defeated the boss of the Universe, you would have access to a portal that leads to more universes (another thing is that the conqueror is using some special portals to communicate universes, and this could also explain why in Brawl all characters are in the same island with no real reason; because they were sent there by the conqueror so he could conquer their universes more easily while they were busy battling Tabuu).

So, you'd have to go liberating universes and encountering more characters as you continue (something like Brawl, but with more sense). Example: after clearing Mario universe you go to the Pokemon Universe, and there you would recruit Mewtwo, the Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Pikachu etc...

Of course, you'd have the choice to follow different paths, and hidden special stages on each universe are guaranteed (for example, you can go back to the Mario Universe to do secret stages with hidden enemies and bosses).

The conqueror would also be resurrecting bosses from each franchise to help him, so that would explain the presence of already dead enemies.

And in the end, you'd go to the Final Universe, homeland of the conqueror.

So this is my idea of the perfect SSB4, what do you think?

K-NiGhT

SlowPokemon

Okay just a small point here--there is no conceivable way they'd bring back all or even most of the previous characters, not least because the 3DS might not be able to handle that much. I'm guessing all the characters that were in the original Super Smash Bros., plus MAYBE a few major ones from Brawl, plus some from newer Nintendo games. Also there's the question of Sonic and Snake.

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 07, 2013, 11:47:51 AMOkay just a small point here--there is no conceivable way they'd bring back all or even most of the previous characters, not least because the 3DS might not be able to handle that much. I'm guessing all the characters that were in the original Super Smash Bros., plus MAYBE a few major ones from Brawl, plus some from newer Nintendo games. Also there's the question of Sonic and Snake.

Exactly, that's why I'm against the 3DS version. :P
If you want a HUGE game, you need a pretty decent amount of memory. If not, limitations, limitations and more limitations, like less characters, like you say. I even can imagine Sakurai saying "we didn't really add "x" character because there was not enough memory left".

Also, edited my previous post and added an idea on the story mode.

SlowPokemon

The 3DS doesn't have anything resembling a decent fighting game. I think this could be what the 3DS needs.

Either way, I really hope Professor Layton is a playable character.

K-NiGhT

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 07, 2013, 11:58:12 AMThe 3DS doesn't have anything resembling a decent fighting game. I think this could be what the 3DS needs.
Uh, Street Fighter 4?

Oh, and I almost forgot about this:

Not really confirmation, but it was made by people working on the game. So it can be safe to say that most, if not all, of the franchises represented will be returning.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

At a quick glance, I see:

Kirby
Meta Knight
Mario
Luigi
Wario
Link
Pit
Samus (notably without the power suit)
A Pikmin
Pikachu
Mr. Game and Watch
Mr. Saturn
The Sandbag
Whoever that is above Pit
Fox McCloud
Donkey Kong
Master Hand

Also, Blueflower, I think it's reasonable to hope that Mega Man could be in it. After all, they've been going on a spree of releasing Mega Man games on the 3DS eShop lately.

Also I think Professor Layton is more plausible now than he was for Brawl. At the time Brawl was released, the only Professor Layton game that had been released was Curious Village, less than a month before Brawl was released. Now, however, with five games out and a sixth one announced, there might be more of a possibility.

blueflower999

I personally think that it might be more probable that the Layton series is represented like Animal Crossing was in Brawl: a stage, some items, some Assist Trophies, Stickers, music, and the like.

Layton as a playable character would be difficult to design considering how much of a gentleman he is.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 07, 2013, 12:11:33 PMWhoever that is above Pit

Marth.

Also, Sonic is very likely to be in SSB4 because of Lost World and the partnership Sega has with Nintendo lately. I would be very surprised if they removed him.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 07, 2013, 12:11:33 PMAlso, Blueflower, I think it's reasonable to hope that Mega Man could be in it. After all, they've been going on a spree of releasing Mega Man games on the 3DS eShop lately.

Yeah, they should definitely add Mega Man too. I always imagined a battle against Wily with one of his Machines.

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 07, 2013, 12:48:42 PMLayton as a playable character would be difficult to design considering how much of a gentleman he is.

Indeed, my good sir! I can't see Layton in SSB as a fighter, I just can't.

SlowPokemon

I still think they could make use of his fencing talents. Diabolical Box, Eternal Diva, and Miracle Mask displayed them pretty well :D Other than that, I don't know.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 07, 2013, 06:15:50 AMIt'll take a lot to get me interested in either of those consoles. I'm really not impressed so far.
The problem I have is that there arent enough non-Nintendo console exclusives.  So many games now are just released multiplatform so I can just play on my PC.  Then wait 2-3 years for a Nintendo console to get a great library and pick that up...

me irl
[close]