1 (6.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

DonValentino

Maybe too soon to put this, but if you think about it E3 is not that far away! And I thought we could also use this topic to keep organized E3 news and stuff.

So yeah, what would you want to see on this year's E3? Any thoughts? Are you getting excited or you're a bit skeptical after last year?

First of all, I have to point out that last year's Nintendo E3 wasn't as disappointing as some people say. It was the beginning of a new generation with Wii U. And sure, we didn't see much game announcements, not very exciting news, but in the end we saw what we, may I say, "needed": more information about the Wii U and some demos that show the capabilities of the console.

That said, I start talking about why this E3, in my opinion, will be great. Well, I'd even say has to be great. With the recent announcement of the PS4 and probably the unveiling of the NextBox just around the corner, Nintendo can't disappoint people. If they do, they would be a little screwed up.

And how can Nintendo make people feel excited for the Wii U? Games! Tons of games from fan-favorite franchises and new unexpected ones. Nintendo has to prove why people should buy a Wii U. Does that mean Starfox? Yes. Metroid? Yes. F-Zero? Yes.
They have to show everything they have to counterattack the other companies' strategy and announcements.

I'd like to see:
- SSB Wii U and 3DS, but not just screenshots, a prototype short video and an official name would work like a charm to create hype.
- A lot of new game announcements and more information about games already announced (like Wind Waker U).
- Mario Kart U and an approximate release date.
- Nintendo classics reborn: Metroid, Starfox, and F-Zero. We also have Retro's secret project, which could be one of these.
- Zelda 3DS announcement: name, short video (demo?).
- Maybe it's too early, but something related with the new Zelda Wii U, something like the picture they put of Fi and Link some years ago for Skyward Sword.
- More Pokemon X and Y, and a new Pokemon game for Wii U (Stadium 3!).
- Even more unexpected and shocking announcements!

That's why I think this year's E3 will be one of the best one in years. The best Nintendo show-off yet has to be now or never!

Ragster

After watching the Zelda announcement for the Wii U, I am pumped for the next release. I'm glad they decided to go back to the main stream Zelda type games.

Also, THANK YOU TWITTER. You made Miyamoto realize people wanted a new F-Zero game. I can't wait to see if they say anything about the topic in the upcoming E3. Doubt it, but It's something to look forward too.

SlowPokemon

After how great this last Luigi's Mansion was, I wouldn't mind seeing one again--although I suppose they don't want overkill. I have no doubt that there will be another one, I just doubt it will be for the 3DS.

Also, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney needs to be announced for the US, as does Ace Attorney 5 and--failing the former--Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies.

Oh, and Zero Escape 3! If we have to wait ANOTHER three years between installments, I'll go insane.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Aww, I wanted to make this topic again! XD

I loved last years E3 for one thing; Reggie.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 02, 2013, 11:46:09 AMAfter how great this last Luigi's Mansion was, I wouldn't mind seeing one again--although I suppose they don't want overkill. I have no doubt that there will be another one, I just doubt it will be for the 3DS.

Also, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney needs to be announced for the US, as does Ace Attorney 5 and--failing the former--Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies.

Oh, and Zero Escape 3! If we have to wait ANOTHER three years between installments, I'll go insane.

AA5 and AA vs. PL were both announced for the US, we just don't have a release date yet.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney hasn't been confirmed yet; I don't know about AA5.

Roz~

Yeah, AA5's NA release was confirmed a while ago. I thought I read the same thing about AA vs. PL but I guess I was wrong.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

MaestroUGC

I dsaid this before and I'll say it again, I have high hopes for the Wii U. Developers have had kits for well over a year now, so I think we can expect some unique and original content besides the usual Nintendo Franchise stuff.

High hopes, only time will tell if we will be let down.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

I want to see the next LoZ title, and as Slow said, see some PL vs AA news! I hope we get a release date, or at least news on it.... I'd like to see better Wii U titles, because I'm still not completely sold on one just yet other than Pikmin 3 or the HD remake of Wind Waker.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

I wouldn't mind a new Super Mario Galaxy...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

I think they did everything they could do with the first two; a third might just feel repetitive. However, I would enjoy a new Super Mario platformer--Super Mario 3D Land was fun and all, but it was pretty much just New Super Mario Bros. in a 3D setting. There was no strategy and it just felt like casual play. I want a true sequel to the other 3D platformers--Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and the Super Mario Galaxy games--where you hunt for stars rather than just walk around until you hit the flagpole.

Nebbles

I'd like more games like that indeed - working for stars is better, and offers more challenges. Frustrating or not, it's good gameplay and it's a brilliant feeling of accomplishment. SM64 was annoying to beat, and the last few levels were hell for me, but when I got all the stars I felt awesome. Same for the final star in Galaxy 2.

I want that feeling in my Mario games. That sense of accomplishment and pride after getting certain stars. I don't need another "get to the flagpole with rehashed backgrounds and music".

MaestroUGC

The 3D games were always about earning stars, the more conventional platformers followed the original spirit of "Getting to the goal" of the NES/SNES series. Super Mario 3D Land was an extension of that, if the title didn't give it away, for some reason. (Remember Super Mario Land?)
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

Well yeah, but the developers stated that the reason they used that name was because Super Mario Land was the first Super Mario game on a handheld, and Super Mario 3D Land was the first 3D Mario game on a handheld. Still though, 3D Land was fun as hell, just very very casual gameplay as opposed to 64 or the Galaxies.

Nebbles

The Galaxies are my favorite (I want to play them now but alas, schoolwork!!!) and I loved their gameplay and the fact it provided an actual challenge, as I said before.

I am curious as to what the pokemon game for the Wii U will be... I hope it's good...