News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Nintendo E3 2013

Started by DonValentino, April 02, 2013, 10:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendo Direct - Rate it!

5 (33.3%)
4 (26.7%)
2 (13.3%)
3 (20%)
1 (6.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Echo

Quote from: Dudeman on June 13, 2013, 01:28:39 PMI actually think it's the flame blast. All the other weapons (except the Metal Blade, which was done intentionally to introduce his powers) had in-game footage to show off what it did. Except for the Flame Blast, which had a dramatic build-up and looked super overpowered. Ironic, seeing as the flame blast is super weak in MM6. BUT! It could happen!

That's his Down-Smash. The battle showed it doing like 45% damage once, but I'm not sure if it's going to be a strong attack like Peach's Down-Smash in Melee, or if that was just bad luck to the opponent because they didn't move away properly.

Anyways, as long as Marth returns, and as long as the gameplay isn't as slow and campy like Brawl's, then I don't think I'd care about whatever else they do with the game, because I love the art style for the 3DS version, and having Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer as playable characters are awesome.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 13, 2013, 02:06:43 PMBecause that's a terrible name?

Still better than "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U". :P
Yay for laziness!

blueflower999

I don't think Smash Bros Universe is a bad name...

Oh, and they better think of a better idea for Mega Man's final smash than the Flame Blast. The Rush Adaptor would actually work pretty well, probably a lot like Yoshi's final smash is in Brawl.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: DonValentino on June 13, 2013, 02:55:55 PMStill better than "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U". :P
Yay for laziness!

This.  I agree with Blueflower, I don't think it's a bad name at all.

MaestroUGC

"Universe"doesn't fit with the fighting theme of "Melee" and "Brawl", and I love theming, therefore it is a terrible name.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

TheZeldaPianist275

I agree, but it makes sense based on the platform.  Not to mention "for Wii U" and "for 3DS" don't theme themselves either.

Do you have any more suggestions for fighting-based names? Super Smash Bros. Combat sounds dumb.

Echo

I would've preferred Duel. As a pun on Dual. Because it's on two systems.

I think the "for Wii U/3DS" is supposed to be a pun though. Like, Smash Bros 4 - Wii U/3DS. Still a dumb title, but I still think it's better than Universe (which doesn't even relate to the 3DS).

MaestroUGC

Super Smash Bros. Fisticuffs

Echo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 13, 2013, 05:24:13 PMSuper Smash Bros. Fisticuffs

The only reason they didn't pick that title was because of Mega Man and his 'pew pew' playstyle.

MaestroUGC

No, there are other characters who "pew pew" too. "Melee" and "Brawl" both indicate hand-to-hand combat, so that's not a valid excuse.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

They don't respond to my emails or phone calls anymore.

Not since the accident.

Dude

Yugi

Pit0010

E3 this year was pretty good for nintendo. They had very good news on the up coming games. I'm a little disappointed that they couldn't show us the Zelda Wii U but I do understand that they wanted to present the news a little later so it would not still the other games' attention.

GETTING PUMPED FOR THE SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U THOUGH
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030