1 (6.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on June 11, 2013, 07:09:40 PMI personally think Pokemon-Amie is too adorable and I will probably spend more time doing that than anything else in the game
thats because youre a girl

Echo

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on June 11, 2013, 07:02:28 PMWhat I've heard:
Spoiler
-Girl trainer's name is Yvette
-A strong bond in Pokemon-Amie will result in better dodging or more critical hits
[close]

When it comes to the Trainer's names (Xavier and Yvette), those might not be the actual names in-game, considering that Black/White pre-release information used the names Blair and Whitlea for the main characters, but then they ended up being Hilbert and Hilda.

And what source told you about the dodging/critical hits part?

Quote from: Waddle Bro on June 11, 2013, 07:07:46 PMNo. Absolutely no. This would mean every competitive player would have to develop bonds to every single one of his/her Pokemon. I AIN'T HAVIN' DAT SHIT

Alternatively, the competitive fanbase could just not bond with their Pokemon so that there's no critical hit/evasion boosting involved. You know, to tone down the luck factor.

Oh yeah, and there's going to be a recap video tomorrow of this information.

Bubbles

Quote from: Echo on June 11, 2013, 07:14:28 PMAnd what source told you about the dodging/critical hits part?
I honestly can't remember xD I separated them so I wouldn't get anyone's hopes up, since the Pokemon Twitter is officially official while the others are just other people live-blogging

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Waddle Bro on June 11, 2013, 07:12:30 PMthats because youre a girl

sexist, sexist, sexist. I suppose you think only girls would like the Pokemon Musicals in Black and White, too? I loved those and I also think Pokemon-Amie looks adorable.

Sorry for calling you out on what I'm assuming was a joke but guys can like stuff that isn't masculine too.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bubbles

blueflower999

I assume that Haunter can participated because of Levitate.

/statingtheobvious
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bubbles

I wonder if Pokemon that can obviously fly but don't have Levitate or the type will be included, like Beedrill

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Echo on June 11, 2013, 07:14:28 PMAlternatively, the competitive fanbase could just not bond with their Pokemon so that there's no critical hit/evasion boosting involved. You know, to tone down the luck factor.
That would destroy the purpose of what I like to call "the Colress factor". It's meant to bring out the full potential of your Pokemon. ::)

But I want to bond with my Pokemon, but not with all of them since it seems so much work :(

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 11, 2013, 07:20:46 PMSorry for calling you out on what I'm assuming was a joke but guys can like stuff that isn't masculine too.
Ya it was a joke. I was just kidding(or was i)

sexist jokes are teh best

SlowPokemon

Colress <3

My favorite character in Black 2 and White 2
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

Colress was pretty cool. He reminded me of Wesker from Resident Evil.

Bubbles

The Q&A: again, idk how reliable this person is (I believe them but I don't want to get you guys all excited) but they say it will all be posted tomorrow officially on the site
Spoiler
Q: Riding Pokemon - benefits? Diff from bike?
A: Sounds like you can 'borrow' Pokemon to traverse to destinations. Can help open paths too.

Some areas have different types of methods of getting around. (i.e. we've seen the grinding and so on). Depends on area. eg. The riding, rollerskates and rail grinding we've seen.

Flow of battles - seeing opponent's team ahead of time - is the same as before. You can select the song for the battle though.

Pokemon X&Y will read your registered friends list from the 3DS system, so the game will automatically have those people as your friends.

Q: New or old villain team? Form of rival?
A: "You can expect to see a Team 'Something'" There's a Rival, but maybe not just one.

Q: How does Mewtwo change form? Do you want him in Smash?
A: -long pause- Can't explain "Mewthree" Pokemon. Can't talk about other games. Sakurai just chimed in (joking) - "We're thinking about it."

Q: Didn't hear buuut..
A: Music will have different feel than past games bc it's less modified/compressed than in older games.

Q: Player movement appears to be 8-way. Why not full analog?
A: Keeping a grid-style bc of tracking Pokemon encounters. But freer movement.

Q: Depth of customization?
A: You can choose hair style, set appearance. PSS shows player icons so chose to allow for custom appearance.

Q: Considered tweaking EV and IV to make being competitive easier?
A: X&Y will make some of these ideas more visible and intuitive.

Q: Why base this location on France?
A: France has a focus on a beauty and that was a focus for X&Y. Wanted to see how to express.

Q: How many new Pokemon?
A: No comment.

Q: Explanation for Fairy type being discovered and applying to older Pokemon?
A: Dragon type has had an advantage. Wanted balance.

Q: Will there be DLC?
A: Hoped that wouldn't be asked, but they are exploring the possibilities. No announcements.

Q: Importing Pokemon from previous games?
A: They're working on it. DS/3DS comm. barrier is slightly tricky.

Q: Multiple save files?
A: No. Just one.
[close]

Waddle Bro

Bubbles

These guys are adorable
Spoiler

Talonflame: Called it 8)

[close]

Echo

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on June 11, 2013, 07:35:06 PMThe Q&A: again, idk how reliable this person is (I believe them but I don't want to get you guys all excited) but they say it will all be posted tomorrow officially on the site
Spoiler
Q: Riding Pokemon - benefits? Diff from bike?
A: Sounds like you can 'borrow' Pokemon to traverse to destinations. Can help open paths too.

Some areas have different types of methods of getting around. (i.e. we've seen the grinding and so on). Depends on area. eg. The riding, rollerskates and rail grinding we've seen.

Flow of battles - seeing opponent's team ahead of time - is the same as before. You can select the song for the battle though.

Pokemon X&Y will read your registered friends list from the 3DS system, so the game will automatically have those people as your friends.

Q: New or old villain team? Form of rival?
A: "You can expect to see a Team 'Something'" There's a Rival, but maybe not just one.

Q: How does Mewtwo change form? Do you want him in Smash?
A: -long pause- Can't explain "Mewthree" Pokemon. Can't talk about other games. Sakurai just chimed in (joking) - "We're thinking about it."

Q: Didn't hear buuut..
A: Music will have different feel than past games bc it's less modified/compressed than in older games.

Q: Player movement appears to be 8-way. Why not full analog?
A: Keeping a grid-style bc of tracking Pokemon encounters. But freer movement.

Q: Depth of customization?
A: You can choose hair style, set appearance. PSS shows player icons so chose to allow for custom appearance.

Q: Considered tweaking EV and IV to make being competitive easier?
A: X&Y will make some of these ideas more visible and intuitive.

Q: Why base this location on France?
A: France has a focus on a beauty and that was a focus for X&Y. Wanted to see how to express.

Q: How many new Pokemon?
A: No comment.

Q: Explanation for Fairy type being discovered and applying to older Pokemon?
A: Dragon type has had an advantage. Wanted balance.

Q: Will there be DLC?
A: Hoped that wouldn't be asked, but they are exploring the possibilities. No announcements.

Q: Importing Pokemon from previous games?
A: They're working on it. DS/3DS comm. barrier is slightly tricky.

Q: Multiple save files?
A: No. Just one.
[close]

Was this your source?
https://twitter.com/RichIGN

Anyways, excited about the higher quality music and song choosing for multiplayer (always wanted that), and I have to appreciate Sakurai's trolling today. The EV/IV comment is interesting too.

Bubbles

Quote from: Echo on June 11, 2013, 07:42:08 PMWas this your source?
https://twitter.com/RichIGN
Nope but it looks like thats where they were getting their info!

edit: Now I'm seeing that the girl trainer is Yvonne. I think that makes more sense since its an actual name