News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2016, 06:39:28 PMusing youtube tags wasn't necessary for a while, but all of a sudden they are.  DEKU?!
Oh, sorry Noc, they aren't required. My bad. I was just showing that url tags do not work. (I actually didn't know that it worked without YouTube tags, thanks for the tip!)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mikey

oh ok heh I thought it didn't work anymore mb
unmotivated

shadowhunter301

Thank you anyone! :)

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on April 29, 2016, 06:28:04 PM

Thank you anyone! :)

This is a nice song; I like it! Time sig is 3/4, key sig is C major. At 0:48 you could change to A major, but I don't know if it is long enough to warrant a key change. Might be. Someone else could clarify that.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

shadowhunter301

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dudeman

4/4, Db...minor? It's one of those modes that makes it sound Arabic, so I hesitate to say "minor" specifically.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

This one bounces between a couple key sigs, at least in what I'm hearing. It starts out as Db...something. It seems minor-ish, but the presence of F's also gives it a kind of major sound. 4 measures in it changes into something resembling G minor, which continues for 4 measures. This pattern repeats, and then it sounds like it might go into Gb minor for 8 measures. This is a rough guess, and I don't even know if it is 100% right, nor if you need to change this often. I tried.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

BrainyLucario

Ughh....I can't do key changes like that in notepad....someone's gonna have to make a blank sheet like that for me.....

TheMarioPianist

Here you go, Brainy. I put in all the details for the sheet (title, game, etc), but you might want to double check my copyright.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

BrainyLucario

PetrifiedLasagna

Is it just me or does it seem like this song is in swing tempo?

Also, here is the sheet to see the note structure.
mus

mikey

unmotivated

PetrifiedLasagna

Thanks Nocturne.

I guess it is just a little on the jazzy side in terms of note structure (for bass anyway).