News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

TWG L: Zombies!

Started by vermilionvermin, March 17, 2013, 02:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

also verm what is it with you and haikus lately
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

FSM-Reapr

Oh right, I completely forgot this too.

Maestro, if you could make a death post, it'd be highly appreciated.

MaestroUGC

On the merits of Villainy:

The Hero of any story is the person, who above all else, the audience agrees with and sees them as right or otherwise morally sound. But at what point does the Hero begin to lose meaning in the idea of the archetype?

When the Villain is gone. Every Hero needs a Villain, but not every Villain needs a Hero. Villainy, or any form of negative attitudes and behaviors render the need for a Hero to correct the balance. Therefore the Villain is crucial to the story, not the Hero. The Villain, as a must, therefore, be the most interesting character and have a complete backstory and characterization. The Hero, while unique and interesting in his own right, is ancillary to the Villain. An interesting Hero allows for both a bland Hero, by sheer contrast, and a dynamic Hero, to counter or mirror the Villain. A dull Villain renders the Hero equally dull, as there is nothing to counter to make him stand out and apart. If the Villain is dull and boring, but the Hero is bold and dynamic then there is no conflict of characterization.

The conflict doesn't come from right or wrong, it comes from "I'm right, you're wrong;" a battle of will. Its in the characterization that drives the true conflict, the impetus is ancillary as it serves only to begin the plot. But where does the Hero belong if no Villain presents itself? Nowhere. The argument can be made that the Hero creates the Villain, but that's never true. Villains are born out of their own circumstance, not out of the shadow of a Hero. Therefore the Hero only comes to be in the face of true Villainy.

Without the Villain, the Hero cannot be. The Villain upsets the balance, and the Hero corrects it. Once the Villain is vanquished, there is no longer a need for a Hero. He's done his job and is rightfully pushed aside so as to not upset the status quo. If the hero fails, and the Villain proves to be right and true then he becomes an Anti-hero; a bit of a jerk but nonetheless necessary. The Anti-hero never fades away, as he doesn't feel an obbligation to the status quo like the Hero, and therefore can continue to do as he pleases, establishing a new status quo.

The Villian is what always remains, the Hero is simply a tool to deliver the moral, for better or worse.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FSM-Reapr

No fucking way.

The Grave Robber is still alive, since Maestro made a death post.

I say that we don't lynch Bubbles this phase.

People that would most likely be Grave Robber:

1. blueflower999
2. Thiannon
3. wolf

Bird you're in charge of this lynch. Pick your choice. We can lynch Bubbles later.

Bird

I don't really know any more than any other player, so I think we can make this vote a bit more egalitarian than before.

But, uhh... Why not just go for Bubbles? We know Bubbles is the last wolf (since that PM incriminated Yugi as a partner with her and davy). By lynching her, we deny the wolves a kill tonight. The worst thing that can happen is Bubbles getting revived again, bringing us to the same situation we're in now. The best thing that can happen is the grave robber forgetting to use his power.

Wolf

All I can say is, im not the grave robber.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

FSM-Reapr

Oh, it looks like I wasn't using my brain lol. I just thought that since you said all kinds of stuff that the zombies are our priorities so we should lynch them. Nvm then. Carry on people.

FSM-Reapr

inb4 an endless circle of lynching wolves and grave robber reviving them

FSM-Reapr

Btw wolf, could you say "Bubbles" and bold it so it would become "Bubbles"?

Bird

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on April 01, 2013, 12:24:28 AMOh, it looks like I wasn't using my brain lol. I just thought that since you said all kinds of stuff that the zombies are our priorities so we should lynch them. Nvm then. Carry on people.

Yeah, well it makes sense to have zombies as the priority if you can't take out all the remaining wolves in one fell swoop.

If there were two wolves left, killing one of them (only to have them revived the next day) would be really dumb since they'd still get their night kill. So instead of things going back to normal, they'd go back to normal minus one human. With one wolf left, we prevent them from making a night kill at all.

And we don't have to go for Bubbles if we don't want to. It's definitely the most cautious option though, even if it isn't the fastest one.

FSM-Reapr

i swear to drunk im not allah

TBWCW, if you could make a death post it'd be appreciated, since there's a chance you could have been the Grave Robber.

Idk why didn't I think of this earlier.

ninja'd Yeah. It'd be wise to see can TBWCW make a death post first.

Wolf

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on April 01, 2013, 12:27:58 AMBtw wolf, could you say "Bubbles" and bold it so it would become "Bubbles"?
sure

BUBBLES
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

FSM-Reapr

lol

Verm does that count as a vote?

Thiannon

Well, I'd like to hear what blueflower has done for the human team since, I dunno, the beginning of the game.

Though I think it's more likely Maestro is the GR and just didn't realize he didn't get a death post since he never read the game structure.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Thiannon on April 01, 2013, 05:19:30 AMWell, I'd like to hear what blueflower has done for the human team since, I dunno, the beginning of the game.
Otso Syrjänen 29.3.2013 22.56
What have you done to help the humans?
Blueflower999 29.3.2013 22.56
Nothing
29.3.2013 22.56
:P