News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

TWG L: Zombies!

Started by vermilionvermin, March 17, 2013, 02:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiannon

Just a check-in post from me. I'll be around tonight for the fireworks.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Bird

If anybody can text Dude asking for a death post, that would be way kool.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Toby

Dude

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

Thanks Dude.

And I believe I said that I would be revealing some information later this phase. Well, here goes:

The Magic Conch started with me. I gave it to the Guardian, who gave it to Davy. Davy was one of the two players who had claimed seer; after he correctly seered Mashi to be purple, I figured he was the more trustworthy of the two. It turns out, I was totally wrong! The Conch released no names meaning that Davy is a wolf. Or the Wolf Shaman, more accurately. And since Bubbles has still not made a death post, it's probably safe to say that she was the Wolf Totem. Since all the non-green roles are confirmed at this point, the seer results really don't matter, but I guess here they are anyway.

Spoiler
MaestroUGC - Green
BlackDragonSlayer - Green
wolf - Green
[close]

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 26, 2013, 01:51:48 PMRIP Dude. D:

So... who are we lynching??

A zombie, preferably. Our options are either to kill the revived player every single phase (since he'll just keep reviving) or to try and get rid of the zombie leader/grave robber. The latter is definitely the better option. Killing the zombie leader would be awesome since after he dies, spitllama can be a regular human again. I think it would be wise to focus our attention on the zombies rather than on the wolves (aka Davy) since the wolves are not much of a threat at this point. Additionally, even if we lynched Davy right now, they would get another kill tonight. But right now we have a chance to completely stop the zombie team in their tracks, and I think it would be advisable to take it. That goes for the wolves as well: if you know anything about the identities of the zombies, please share it.

We'll have two shots to get a zombie. Today's lynch and I'll use my second Vigi this night phase.

We also have a few hints as to who the zombies might be. He let this slip in the chatroom approximately two hours after his original "claim to me" post. Times are in CDT.

Spoiler
(1:50:00 PM) Mashi: Yeah, it's a bit too late for that, unfortunately.
(1:50:06 PM) Mashi: Sorry, Bird!
(1:50:21 PM) bird: i don't think it's too late
(1:50:27 PM) bird: or is it
(1:50:30 PM) bird: do you know both of the zombies
(1:50:34 PM) Mashi: Fine by me.
(1:50:42 PM) Mashi: It'll only hinder me from knowing the Wolves.
(1:50:44 PM) Mashi: Yeah.
(1:50:50 PM) bird: so they were both online
(1:50:51 PM) bird: i see
(1:50:56 PM) bird: ty for the info
(1:51:03 PM) Mashi: Oh, whoops.
(1:51:05 PM) Mashi: lol
[close]

Which I think significantly narrows the pool of possible zombies. I've identified three players who I think are most likely to have been partners with Mashi. Each case has evidence for and evidence against the partnership.

1. FSM-Reapr:
  • Was online in the appropriate time window.
  • I saw him checking his messages after I saw Mashi sending a message in the aforementioned time window.
  • Put a lot of effort into not getting wolfed for no real reason (tried to make himself look suspicious on purpose since he was worried he'd be killed).
  • BUT, he's been helpful and active this entire game.
  • AND, he sent me a PM containing his "false claim" to Mashi, along with Mashi's response. Could have been faked though, I suppose.

2. MaestroUGC:
  • Checked the thread in the appropriate time window, but decided not to vote for Mashi.
  • Has been really inactive and not super helpful this entire game.
  • BUT, when BlackDragonSlayer told me about his extremely fake Zombie Master claim to Mashi, Mashi responded with something along the lines of "Great, Maestro is your zombie partner,"

3. Yugi:
  • May have been online in the appropriate time window.
  • I could see his original grave robber claim being legitimate. He actually claims the role, then tells me he's fake claiming. If he doesn't get claims, he looks human, and if he does, he just says he didn't get any claims. It' a clever way of assembling a team in the beginning, and strikes me as very Yugi.

So yeah. Pick 2.

=====================================================

And that's what I got.

Have another idea? Think it's stupid we're going for zombies rather than a confirmed wolf? Speak up about it.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bird on March 26, 2013, 03:38:20 PM1. FSM-Reapr:
  • I saw him checking his messages after I saw Mashi sending a message in the aforementioned time window.
  • Put a lot of effort into not getting wolfed for no real reason (tried to make himself look suspicious on purpose since he was worried he'd be killed).
  • AND, he sent me a PM containing his "false claim" to Mashi, along with Mashi's response. Could have been faked though, I suppose.

2. MaestroUGC:
  • Checked the thread in the appropriate time window, but decided not to vote for Mashi.
  • Has been really inactive and not super helpful this entire game.
  • BUT, when BlackDragonSlayer told me about his extremely fake Zombie Master claim to Mashi, Mashi responded with something along the lines of "Great, Maestro is your zombie partner,"

3. Yugi:
  • May have been online in the appropriate time window.
  • I could see his original grave robber claim being legitimate. He actually claims the role, then tells me he's fake claiming. If he doesn't get claims, he looks human, and if he does, he just says he didn't get any claims. It' a clever way of assembling a team in the beginning, and strikes me as very Yugi.

=====================================================

And that's what I got.

Have another idea? Think it's stupid we're going for zombies rather than a confirmed wolf? Speak up about it.
I think that we should lynch FSM, and you should vigi Maestro, and then we should go after the wolves; this gives a high probability that, since in my opinion, they're the most likely zombie candidates, we'll be able to eliminate them (even if we only kill one zombie, the other can't really do much, right?).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Changing vote to FSM-Reapr.

Kill ALL the people around Bird!! :o

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

I agree with the FSM lynch. Vigi Yugi.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bird

UGH.

I've been talking to Thiannon, and he's totally right. Regarding Mashi's claim that he knew both his partners already:

(10:02:29 PM) Thiannon: Do you necessarily trust Mashi on that, though?

How could he be sure he had united his team when at least 5 players hadn't even been online? Why would he post an order of zombification if they knew each other? It doesn't necessarily add up, especially since there's a lot of evidence going against the only people online at the appropriate time to be zombies.

So if we want to kill a zombie (or the master wolf I guess), it's coming from this list of 8 players:

BlackDragonSlayer
Yugi
MaestroUGC
Thiannon
The Boy Who Cried Wolf
blueflower999
wolf
FSM-Reapr

Bird

Important question: Has Yugi actually dropped out? Why is he still posting? If he submits a power usage, will it go through?

vermilionvermin

Until I can find a replacement for him, he still is fully in the game.  By that I mean he can be lynched, use powers if any are applicable, and vote.

Bird

worst drop-out ever. Verm, could we also hear the order of operations with powers and stuff?

Also, Thiannon made another incredible insight that I had completely overlooked: Bubbles is just as likely to be the wolf totem as she is to be the Zombie Master. Which would be hilarious. This is just more reason to not to kill spitllama yet.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Bird on March 26, 2013, 03:38:20 PM1. FSM-Reapr:
Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 24, 2013, 07:11:31 PMThat didn't cross my mind. :< My main thing with that post was to make it just in case someone like wolf(that sounded so mean and I'd apologize him now if I could) would be another one of those zombies and didn't understand Mashi's post. He'd target TZP while the other one would target spitllama, making the revived one a human with no drawbacks. This was my way of thinking when I made that post. I know it's not that good of a defense, but it's the truth. (also it was 0:25 am when I made that post)
I was dodging explanations because I thought you were trying to make me look suspicious and I was trying to help you in it. Then you made this post and I realized that you were serious the entire time. Also I was sending PMs to Vermverm asking can the person who's revived be vigi'd the same phase he was revived. The answer was no btw. I was gone for three hours, from 20:30 to 23:30 German time. I haven't sent or received any other PMs that you have not seen. Except this
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
I replied to this PM. I was interested that was that were you assuming or did they send you their claims. I should have chosen my words better.
[close]
Spoiler
This was sent because I thought you were trying to make me look suspicious.
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
If the human alliance leader thinks I'm a human, I feel like I have a target on my back and if I was a wolf, I would go after the most active who seems human.

Now for the most cheesy part that sickens me to even say out loud because it's so cheesy.
I enjoy playing TWG a lot and frankly put it feels awesome to make all sorts of strategies and see when they work. I think this is the reason why I try so hard. Also it's the most fun I've had over the time I've been at the clinic. I don't want it to end. :(

That's all I got.

Good night, Bird. And Verm. I'll hit the bed.

Too lazy to actually make another defense so I copypasted this one.

Bird

If you subtract the "online at the right time stuff," Yugi looks like the best option. I think doing weird claim stuff like that is pretty typical of him, isn't it? As a bonus, he's dropping out anyway.