News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG L: Zombies!

Started by vermilionvermin, March 17, 2013, 02:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

bird   it doesn't really matter if you tell the wolves to team up or whatever
   bird   all they can do is kill players, and i doubt they'll be able to determine which players are human and which players are zombies

Good point.

Wolves and Zombies, all of you should claim to me.  I'll be able to coordinate the kills so that you don't accidentally kill each other while trying to pummel the Humans.  I promise also that I won't reveal the Wolves's identities to the Zombies.  It's cheap of me to use underhand tactics like a promise (I don't break my promises), but this is a desperate time in TWG!!!

Bird

yeah great idea, definitely do that wolves
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

But actually, only claim to Mashi if you really want the zombie team to win. Otherwise you're an idiot.

Mashi

Hey, I don't break promises!  That's why this is the first time I've done it in a TWG!  I don't want people to say "omg mashi promise you're human" because that would just make it obvious that I'm a Wolf when I don't!!!

And Wolves, I'll try to make the coordinated kills neutral and make sure not to be revealing.  Humans are in the running for victory right now, so I think it's better to team up.
I understand if you don't trust me though.  It's unconventional to trust an opponent like this.  But if any of you know me at all, you'll know that I wouldn't break a promise (ergo, why I don't make promises in TWG; otherwise, it would be obvious that I was a Wolf if I didn't promise I was Human!).

So if you do claim to me, you're not an idiot.  If you don't, you're still not an idiot.  Bird is just being harsh!

Bird

The reason its dumb for the wolves to claim to the Zombies is because the Zombies are the most powerful team at the moment.

Yeah.

They're going to be raising a Zombie-aligned vigilante every single phase from Night 3 onwards. I don't think I'm revealing too much by saying I don't have a lot of vigis remaining, so we're going to have to devote our lynches to taking down the resurrected players each phase. We might be able to find one of the zombies with the magic conch, but it's still not super likely.

And not only that, even if you (the wolves) "team up" with the zombies in order to defeat the humans, this is a stupid way to do it. When the zombies know each other, they are a much bigger threat than the wolves. And you're only making that advantage larger by having it so they know you but you don't know them!

Toby

Evil Mashi up to his old tricks again.

Mashi

I'm not going to tell my Zombie Partners who the Wolves are.  That's what I promised, so I have to keep it!

But anyway, if you think Zombies are going to be all powerful, that's up to you.  To be honest, I feel that we're rather crippled currently, but that's just me.  Do as you wish, anyhow.

Toby

How can they work together without knowing each other?

Bird

They would just do whatever Mashi said.

So dumb.

Mashi

do whatever Mashi said and dominate the Human Team*

Bird

Doing what Mashi said will certainly lead to the human team's defeat.

But it will also set the wolves up for a crushing defeat against the zombies. That's why I'm arguing that the wolves revealing themselves to the Zombies is a stupid move.

FSM-Reapr

So I read through the thread quick

Mashi

Bird

FSM-Reapr

Also it's insanely stupid for the wolves to claim to Mashi.

Don't do it wuffs.

Mashi

I think that the end of the game would rely more on chance in that regard, to be honest Bird, favouring the Wolves (or maybe a tie?  Not sure how it would work) since I would imagine it be more likely for one Zombie to remain than one Wolf.