News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

TWG L: Zombies!

Started by vermilionvermin, March 17, 2013, 02:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiannon

So I was a few paragraphs into this post when Windows crashed and destroyed it and I don't really feel like typing it all up again. The gist of it was that I don't think Waddle's actual defense was all that good; it goes a long way toward making him not seem like a zombie, but I can definitely see it as something a wolf would make, mostly because I can see someone getting really frustrated for getting lynched because of suspected zombie leanings when he's actually a wolf. I still think Waddle's probably human, though, and that it's at least worth keeping FSM around for a couple phases to get a read on him. Waddle's point about death posts was a really good one.

TBWCW's pseudo-bandwagon vote didn't strike me as particularly odd. That's sort of how he plays, isn't it? TZP's assertion that Waddle's defense was a good one is one I disagree with, but that doesn't necessarily make him a wolf. One thing that I did think looked odd was TZP's over-analysis of the kill--I could see both an inexperienced wolf and an inexperienced human doing this. What did everyone else think?

Finally, I think it's worth considering what players would have disregarded Bird's request that the wolves kill from the bottom half of the player list. Maestro, Waddle, and Dude come to mind.

Suspicious People:

Bubbles7689
MaestroUGC
spitllama
K-NiGhT
TheZeldaPianist275
Dude
Waddle Bro

I'm voting Bubbles for now. Might as well make her work to stay around. I do think we should lynch an inactive this phase. Day 1 lynches typically fail because they're almost always of humans making dumb mistakes. Also, it's entirely possible I'm not on before the end of the phase, as I'll be out of town the next two days looking at grad schools. I'm only here right now because I can't sleep (nice of NSM to provide a silver lining in that respect).

Also, I think everyone should make a death post who can, except for Bird and anyone else who ends up confirmed.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Toby

I did think Waddles defence was made mainly directly at the favt that he can not be the Grave Robber. I didn't vote him for being grave robber though so my vote is actually staying.

And yeh, Thiannon's right. I tend to make votes to watch reactions a lot and I nearly always get some good results. I don't tend to 'random vote' though, so my votes always do have some meaning in them.

Wolf

The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: wolf on March 21, 2013, 11:51:54 PMDid we find this totem guy?

Wolf, are you even reading along with this?  I would be paying attention if I were you.

Quote from: Thiannon on March 22, 2013, 12:34:31 AMI could see both an inexperienced wolf and an inexperienced human doing this

Well thanks >_<

Quote from: Thiannon on March 22, 2013, 12:34:31 AMI'm voting Bubbles for now. Might as well make her work to stay around.

This bothers me.  Might as well make her work?  Thiannon, I'm pretty sure you're better at TWG than this, so why don't you state your REAL reasons for voting her out loud to the thread.

FSM-Reapr

I'm here to wreck havoc!

So idk what to exactly do, since I'm not sure what was going inside Waddle's head. He only told me that he was suspicious of Yugi last Night Phase, but that's all.

Waddle's defense was based on the accusation of him being the Grave Robber. Nobody blamed him for being a wolf, so I think that's why he focused on providing information for not being the Grave Robber. I don't see any reason why he/I would be especially wolf or a human based on everything Waddle had said.
Thiannon, I think it would piss humans off as much as wolves to get lynched because people thought that he's/she's a zombie. That's pretty much only thing I disagree with you.

Gonna make a suspicion list later.

Toby

I'm going to keep my vote on Waddle until someone else turns up suspicious.

I'm not even sure if FSM could provide a good enough defence for Waddle because they are different people .

FSM-Reapr

I'm not even sure what should I defend myself against!

Toby

K-NiGhT

I guess I'll vote for Boy for now until I can get any good  suspicions going.

Also, Thiannon, can you tell me why you feel I'm suspicious?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Toby

Awh, phase ends round 5am for me. :/

Bird

Okay, I went through the thread again and took notes on some of the player who stuck out. There are still a ton of inactive players, and they should probably start posting more since I'm going to vigi one of them tonight.

Anyway, five suspicious players:

Thiannon - Put spitllama on his list of suspicious people. Thiannon is too meticulous to make an oversight like this, leading me to believe it was put there on purpose to make us think he's not a wolf (as in, a wolf would be aware of who was wolfed, so since he didn't know, he's not a wolf).

Bubbles - I agree with everyone on Bubbles. Her inactivity often points to her being a wolf, and she's not being super active this game, whatever her excuse may be.

Davy - Has been really helpful so far, but I'm baffled by wolf and Dude being on his most human list. I can't really see how you can make a judgement like that when they've both made like two posts.

Yugi - Claimed grave robber. He told me that he was doing this to fish for claims, but I could easily see him being the actual graverobber, getting some actual claims, then telling me that nobody fell for it.

blueflower999 - First he made a post about how purples and reds should be lynched. This seems kind of obvious to me, and strikes me as a post a wolf might make in order to appear helpful without actually helping. Second, he told me in a PM that I should try not to reveal who has claimed, since the wolves would determine who the special roles are through it. This is actually helpful, but part of me wonders if the only reason he thought of this was because he himself was a wolf trying to determine the specials through it.

And three human players:

Me - Obvious

BlackDragonlayer - Expressed concerns about the guardian claiming, which was pretty good, since if the guardian had actually claimed we would have been screwed over.

Waddle Bro - Not sure why he was voted for, he seems very helpful so far. He introduced the idea of the vigi claiming, which was an excellent idea, and suggested that Yugi be lynched, which is also pretty helpful.

Naturally I have a few more human players up my sleeves, but I don't want to give the wolves too much information. For the record, I'm totally fine with a Bubbles lynch, but I feel like we can do a little better with some discussion. I'd like each of the people in my suspicious section (as well as the people in everyone's suspicious sections) to respond to those allegations before making a decision.

Additionally, the inactive players need to start helping. And some of the players who are active need to start helping more by making more decisive posts. Looking at you Mashi!!! I would especially like to see more information from the following:

Dude
wolf
k-NiGhT

Other Thoughts:

TheZeldaPianist275 - My current candidate for totem guy, considering his out of place totem-related post on night 1.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

blueflower999

Pretty sure I wouldn't tell you that if I was a wolf.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bird

Probably. You're definitely the weakest of the 5 suspicions, but I think you're selling yourself short as a wolf. I wouldn't put it past you, anyway.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

blueflower999

The last time Bubbles was quiet like this was when she was the Meta.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

davy

Quote from: Bird on March 22, 2013, 01:08:02 PMDavy - Has been really helpful so far, but I'm baffled by wolf and Dude being on his most human list. I can't really see how you can make a judgement like that when they've both made like two posts.

Well bird, I tend not to make suspicion lists so soon in the game (look at earlier games if you want to), because most players are not easy to make a judgement on by now. I can't make a solid justification for both active and inactive players so early in the game, so if there's only a weak reason for players for entering my most human list, it's already enough of a reason to enter my list.

Quote from: Mashi on March 21, 2013, 05:30:03 PMAlso, in rehard to davy, hahaha, whoops, I forgot the role I false claimed!  I seem to have grown a fancy for that since last game (I might have made that same mistake in my false claim to Yugi too; whoops!!!).  My mistake; though, I don't really see why you would think I make such an outrageous mistake like that.  I'm careless sometimes; look at last game and how my Seer claim to BlackDragonSlayer occurred at the eleventh hour.

Claiming late is something completely different from claiming different roles. And while I could see you being a human with this defence, this is also exactly the thing I would aspect a wolf or zombie to use in his defense, so I'll keep my vote on you.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game