I've been having trouble filling the roles also XD

Kman96

I had a dream that blueflower won.
Party Hard!
[close]

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Thiannon

This is a tough choice! davy's game is a bit of a spiritual cousin to my planned submission for LLF's 50th TWG, actually:

Spoiler
After Dark Koopa and his friend Fiver find themselves fondly reminiscing about years-old TWGs for the forty-second time on YIM, they decide to give monument to memory by building the world's first TWG-themed amusement park. But when guests begin to go missing during the park's opening weekend and turn up days later ravaged with claw marks, the two are left wondering whether their nostalgic meddling has awakened the sinister spirits of werewolves past. Who among the park's patrons--and themselves--can be trusted? The answer lies behind the massive gates of sprawling...

RETROTWGWORLD!!!!!

An homage to TWGs I-XII, starring...

THE PLAYERS

TEAM EVIL AND ALSO JUST WINNING TWGS
Approximately 75% Koopas.

Dark Koopa
Fiver
Blaze Koopa

DJ Koopa

TEAM DASHINGLY GALLANT AND HANDSOME PLUS LIGGY
I bet you expected an iDOWN joke.

iDOWN
Seizure Man
kotorfanboy
Liggy

Savvy-Sauce
Homie
General Toad
Deathyboy
Fawful Koopa
Fireball
Kingfisher
Super Goomba
zz1666

TEAM THE ENIGMATIC ENIGMAS
It's funny because he's purple.

Not Spy

THE AREA SYSTEM

This game has an item system, and for the [strike]first[/strike] second time ever, a full-fledged area system. Players' traits will change depending on what area they are in, and there may be certain events that affect players in a given area.

There are eight areas in RETROTWGWORLD:

Castle Koopa, site of Lemmy Koopa's death in TWG III.
El El Eff High, the notoriously gangster-ridden high school of TWG IV fame.
iDOWN's House, where iDOWN and Seizure Man might be found downing a box of Count Chocula, TWG VI-style.
Wolfsbane Island, home of legendary wolf-catcher and estate law scam artist Frank P. Wolfsbane, immortalized in TWG VII.
TWGbay Corporate Headquarters, recently re-acquired from eBay after the company liquidated its assets following its Chapter 11 filing in 2009's TWG IX.
The Kampground, where legend has it Kooks is still listening eagerly to counselor iDOWN's tales of lupine treachery and deceit, which began in TWG I.

If a player's destination is too far to go on foot, he might try crossing idyllic Howl at the Moon Lagoon via one of RETROTWGWORLD's two flagship vessels: the Queen Lemmy, Captain General Toad's swashbuckling pirate ship from TWG VIII, or the S. S. Chaos, skippered by TWG XII's Yellow Snifit.

THE ROLES

Now with 100% more Deathy.

Dark Koopa
~ Vigibane Master Wolf on the S. S. Chaos.
~ Master Wolf in Castle Koopa, the Kampground, or the Queen Lemmy.
~ Vigibane Wolf Assassin on Wolfsbane Island.
~ Wolf Assassin at TWGbay Corporate HQ, iDOWN's House, or El El Eff High.
- If Dark Koopa is at iDOWN's House,  can sacrifice his life to kill iDOWN. If iDOWN is already dead by this time, this power will fail and Dark Koopa will survive. If Dark Koopa is successfully killed during the phase he uses this power, the power will be wasted, and iDOWN will not die.
- Has 5 item slots.

Fiver
~ Vigibane Wolf Tracker at iDOWN's House.
~ Wolf Tracker at Castle Koopa, El El Eff High, or the S. S. Chaos.
~ Vigibane Wolf Thief on the Queen Lemmy.
~ Wolf Thief at TWGbay Corporate HQ, the Kampground, or Wolfsbane Island.
- Fiver can make a fake item three times in the game and plant it anywhere. If someone attempts to use this item, he will be afflicted with one of the following states: Cursed, Blinded, or Imprisoned.
- Has 5 item slots.

Blaze Koopa

~ Wolf at Castle Koopa, El El Eff High, TWGbay Corporate HQ, the Kampground, or the S. S. Chaos.
~ Wolf Shaman at iDOWN's House, Wolfsbane Island, or the Queen Lemmy
- A random wolf will receive an item if Blaze Koopa visits Castle Koopa during the day; however, iDOWN will be notified that "A wolf received [ITEM]!"

DJ Koopa
~ Wolf at Castle Koopa, iDOWN's House, Wolfsbane Island, the Queen Lemmy, or the S. S. Chaos.
~ Brutal Wolf at TWGbay Corporate HQ, the Kampground, or El El Eff High.
- A random wolf will receive an item if DJ Koopa visits the Kampground during the day; however, Seizure Man will be notified that "A wolf received [ITEM]!"

iDOWN
~ Wolfsbane Guardian at the Kampground.
~ Guardian at TWGbay Corporate HQ, Wolfsbane Island, or the S. S. Chaos.
~ Wolfsbane Seer at El El Eff High.
~ Seer at Castle Koopa, iDOWN's House, or the Queen Lemmy.
- iDOWN can always enter TWGbay Corporate HQ at night if he has access to it. If the school is full, a random person will be kicked out to make room for him.
- Has 5 item slots.

Seizure Man
~ Wolfsbane Vigilante at TWGbay Corporate HQ.
~ Vigilante at Castle Koopa or iDOWN's House.
~ Wolfsbane Psychic on Wolfsbane Island.
~ Psychic on the Queen Lemmy or the S. S. Chaos.
~ Bouncer at El El Eff High or the Kampground.
- Seizure Man can always enter Castle Koopa at night if he has access to it. If the castle is full, a random person will be kicked out.

kotorfanboy
~ Spirit at TWGbay Corporate HQ, El El Eff High, Wolfsbane Island, or the S. S. Chaos.
~ Shielder at Castle Koopa, iDOWN's House, the Kampground, or the Queen Lemmy.

Liggy
~ Thief at Castle Koopa, the Kampground, iDOWN's House, or the Queen Lemmy.
~ Gambler at El El Eff High, Wolfsbane Island, TWGbay Corporate HQ, or the S. S. Chaos.
- Has 5 item slots.

Savvy-Sauce
~ Passive Shielder at Castle Koopa or the Kampground.
~ Human at El El Eff High, TWGbay Corporate HQ, iDOWN's House, Wolfsbane Island, the Queen Lemmy, or the S. S. Chaos.
~ A random human will receive an item if Savvy-Sauce enters El El Eff High at any time; however, Dark Koopa will be notified that "[PLAYER] received [ITEM]!".
- Told he is a normal Human.

Homie
~ Charismatic Human at Castle Koopa, El El Eff High, TWGbay Corporate HQ, or the Kampground.
~ Human at iDOWN's House, Wolfsbane Island, the Queen Lemmy, and the S. S. Chaos.
- A random human will recieve an item if Homie boards the Queen Lemmy at any time; however, Fiver will be notified that "[PLAYER] received [ITEM]!".

General Toad
~ Red Miller at TWGbay Corporate Headquarters, El El Eff High, the Queen Lemmy, or the S. S. Chaos.
~ Blue Miller at iDOWN's House or Wolfsbane Island.
~ White Miller at Castle Koopa.
~ Disruptor at the Kampground.

Deathyboy, Fawful Koopa, Fireball, Kingfisher, Super Goomba, zz1666
~ Human in all areas.

Not Spy
~ Prankster in all areas.
- Begins as a loner with no team affiliation, but must choose to side with either the wolves or humans by the end of Night 2. At that time, both Dark Koopa and iDOWN will be informed that "Not Spy joined the [TEAM]!" If he fails to choose a side by the end of Night 2, a side will be randomly assigned to him.
- Counts as a member of the human team regardless of which team he chooses to side with for endgame purposes.
- Wins if the team he sides with wins, regardless of whether or not he survives. If he dies before he chooses a side, he loses.
- If Not Spy is at Castle Koopa or TWGbay Corporate HQ, his power has a 40% chance of failing.

ROLE DETAILS

Because clearly no one knows what a Wolf Shaman is by now.

Master Wolf: Seered GREEN by all humans.

Vigibane Master Wolf: Master Wolf immune to vigilantism.

Wolf Assassin: May kill an extra person each night in addition to the normal wolf kill.

Vigibane Wolf Assassin: Wolf Assassin immune to vigilantism.

Wolf Tracker: Receives copies of all wolves' area and inventory PMs each phase. Seers GREEN to all humans for the first two night/day cycles, RED any time after that.

Vigibane Wolf Tracker: Wolf Tracker immune to vigilantism.

Wolf Thief: May steal one item from a player during the night.

Vigibane Wolf Thief: Wolf Thief immune to vigilantism.

Wolf Shaman: May check one player's colour during the night.

Brutal Wolf: If lynched, kills a random human player who voted for him.

Wolf: No special powers.

Guardian: May protect one player from wolfing during the night. May not choose himself.

Wolfsbane Guardian: Guardian immune to wolfing.

Seer: May check one player's colour during the night.

Wolfsbane Seer: Seer immune to wolfing.

Vigilante: May kill one player per night.

Wolfsbane Vigilante: Vigilante immune to wolfing.

Psychic: Receives a report each night indicating how many wolves are left in the game.

Spirit: May resurrect one dead player each night.

Bouncer: May eject any person from the area he is occupying each night. This will interrupt any power he uses that phase. GREEN if seered by a human, RED if seered by a wolf.

Shielder: May cast a protective spell over a player at night. This prevents item kills, theft, and seer readings. BLUE if seered by a human, GREEN if seered by a wolf.

Gambler: During the night, may bet on someone to be wolfed during the night or to be lynched the next day (must choose one.) If correct, may choose to receive an item, kill someone, or track someone. RED if seered by a human, GREEN if seered by a wolf.

Thief: May steal one item from a player during the night. RED if seered by a human, BLUEif seered by a wolf.

Prankster: Causes mischief and mayhem. May pull any of the following pranks:
~ Changing someone's seer colors
~ Blinding someone for three phases
~ Overthrowing a lynching vote
~ Making someone drop their items
~ Blocking a seer reading
- Receives 3 pranks at the start of the game. If no one has won by night 5, he receives 2 extra pranks. He may not pull the same prank twice.
- Pranks may be performed during any phase, but only one may be performed per phase. Seers GREEN while unaffiliated,
RED if sided with the wolves, and BLUE if sided with the humans.

Passive Shielder: A Shielder whose power works on any player that shares his area with him during the night.

Charismatic Human: Player's vote counts double during the day.

Red Miller: Seers RED to all players.

Blue Miller: Seers BLUE to all players.

White Miller: Cannot be seered.

Disruptor: Blocks all seer readings while in play.

Human: No special power.

HOW AREAS WORK

It's not complicated, I swear...

At the beginning of the game, everyone is placed in an area. Players may attempt to change what area they are in by PMing the host during any phase of play.

Each area has a number of slots that people can occupy. If all slots in an area are filled, the area is full and any attempts by players to move into the area will fail, unless they have an item or power that permits them to enter regardless. Leaving an area takes chronological precedence over entering an area.

Once inside an area, you will receive an Area Details PM showing what players are in the area, what slots they are occupying, and what players leave or enter the area.

Example:

Hi Someone/Anyone, you are at Castle Koopa.
You failed to move to iDOWN's House.
From here you can go to El El Eff High, iDOWN's House, or the Queen Lemmy.

axemblue4 has left the area.
Nighthawk has entered the area.

1. Nighthawk
2. Someone/Anyone
3. (Empty Slot)
4. Vera
5. (Empty Slot)
6. (Empty Slot)

To move to an area, PM the host with what area you want to move to. You can also include some specifications as to what slot you want to be put in (though you don't have to), such as:

Put me in Slot [number].
(The host will put you in the slot you specify if available. If not, he will put you in the closest available slot.)

Put me in the [number]th available slot.
(The host will put you in the available slot you specify; if fewer spots are available, the host will put you in the closest available slot.)

Put me anywhere.
(The host will use random.org to select an available slot.)

RETROTWGWORLD is laid out as follows:

HOW ITEMS WORK

I don't want to see anyone complain about being a Boring Human again.

Items can be used during any phase of play. All players have 3 item slots unless otherwise specified
If a player finds or receives an item while his inventory is full, he must either drop or give away an item in his inventory to make room for it or discard the new item. All items can be passed to anyone at any time, except for balloons. Players are stuck with those.

If a player moves into a slot with an item, he will automatically find that item. If a player decides not to move during a phase, he may search one of the empty slots in his current area for any items it contains. If that slot contains an item, he will automatically find it.

If a player is killed while holding one or more items, those items may become scattered in and around the area and slot in which he was killed. Enterprising players should seek out those areas and spots and scavenge accordingly!

ITEM DESCRIPTIONS

Choose your weapon!

Red Orb: Hey, it's a free vigi kill! One-time use.

Yellow Orb: Hey, it's a free seering! One-time use.

Blue Orb: Hey, it's a free guarding! One-time use. The player may choose himself.

Red Balloon: It has a picture of Dark Koopa on it, and it spells the holder's doom! He is cursed and will die in 3-5 phases unless he finds a needle to pop it with.

Yellow Balloon: Adorned with GT's handsome mug. A player may release this balloon at any time, but upon release it will flash the color of his role. If a player dies while holding a Yellow Balloon, his card will be flipped.

Blue Balloon: OH GAWD THERE'S A PICTURE OF LIGGY ON IT UGH. If a player has this balloon, all players in his area under the effects of a guard will be rendered vulnerable. No one is safe!

Needle: A player may use this to pop balloons (unlimited uses) or use it to blind someone (after which the needle will be lost).

Box of Lucky Charms: Grabbed out of Seizure Man's hands just before he could add milk, this box of cereal brings good luck to the holder. Any attempts on his life have a 40% chance of failing! Also, he can use it to clear out an area by scattering the cereal out in public. Goes stale and must be thrown out after four phases.

Sex on the Beach: Yeah, it's kind of a girly drink, but it's popular on the S. S. Chaos, and it will cure the player from the effects of any abnormal state except Cursed.

Giant Golden Carrot: SG's weapon of choice from Where There's a Will, There's a Wolf. It can be used to kill a player... but the wielder had better be wearing a Rabbit Suit!

Rabbit Suit: Wearing this will cause the player to show up as "Fiver" in other players' Area PMs. I know, it's awesome. A player needs to be wearing it in order to wield the Giant Golden Carrot.

Rocket Barrel: A leftover piece of weapons technology from The Werewolf War, this looks like it could make for a mean rocket launcher... but there's no trigger or stock. There's not even a rocket to launch.

Stock & Trigger Set: Hey, it's more weapons tech from The Werewolf War! It looks like this goes on a rocket launcher... but there's no barrel and no rockets to launch.

Rocket: Ammunition for a rocket launcher. Those Werewolf War guys really need to learn how to clean up after themselves. If a player is killed by a rocket, his items are permanently destroyed and he cannot be resurrected.

Swiss Army Knife: Somewhat useful around the kampfire, even more useful to kill your fellow players in TWG. They're so resilient they'll remain lying on the spot were their victim was last found for another player to pick up.

Shield Generator: So much crazy stuff is happening out there. Players have a right to protect themselves! Never fear, for TWGbay Enterprises' trusty Shield Generator will protect them from item/weapon kills and seerings. Loses power after 4 phases, and is redistributed to someone else with a full charge.

Clone: When you Can't Trust Anybody, rely doubly on yourself! Designed by that mad scientist Liggy as a perfect likeness of a player, a player's clone allows him to go wherever he wishes as it will elbow other players out of the way to make room for the player in an area. If the player is targeted to be killed, the Clone will sacrifice its life for him, but the Clone's death will be so saddening that the player will use the will to use items for two phases.

HOW STATES WORK

Stay sharp!

There are certain circumstances in which a special state may apply to a player. All states last for four phases unless otherwise noted.

Normal State: Nothing special.

Blind State: Player cannot tell which area he is in or who is in his area. However, he may still move to other areas. (I wonder what unknown area #2 is?) He cannot identify items.

Cursed State: Player is cursed to die in 3-5 phases.

Imprisoned State: Player cannot change areas.

Weakened State: Player cannot use any powers or items.
[close]

Man, that thing would have taken about eight hours to update. Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing whatever wins!
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

K-NiGhT

This would be a fantastic game, Thiannon. I might actually play this one too.

GUYS QUIT COMING UP WITH GOOD GAMES AFTER I DECIDE TO QUIT GOSH
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Yugi

Quote from: K-NiGhT on March 14, 2013, 07:37:22 PMThis would be a fantastic game, Thiannon. I might actually play this one too.

GUYS QUIT COMING UP WITH GOOD GAMES AFTER I DECIDE TO QUIT GOSH
WELL DON'T QUIT!

Greg

Man, I can't believe I have to miss this game. They all look awesome. :(

Toby

Whhyyyyyyy? You keep leaving :(

Mashi

verm verm, you know what to do!
davy, you may participate in the next Host Sign Ups.

Yugi

vermilionvermin

Sorry I was gone for most of the day!  I'll be out of the house for the majority of tomorrow as well, but should sign-ups fill that quickly I could theoretically send out PM's tomorrow night.