News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

TWG XLIX: Red vs. Blue Player Sign-Ups

Started by the_last_sheikah, February 19, 2013, 12:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Go on Liggster! We can have a bit of Banter together!

TheZeldaPianist275

....This is still not done after I was camping for 48 hrs?

Woooooow.  Mashi and Verm, how's the army going?  Or is Mr. T an army by himself?

Greg

I'm really sorry about this, considering the time it's taking to get this started, but I have to drop out.

Good luck getting enough players.

Toby

TWG XLIX: Red vs. Blue

1. The Meta: Cannot be wolfed/sniped/vigi'd.  Sends Host a PM each phase with a player's name.  If that player has an A.I., the Meta steals the A.I. and the player dies.

Freelancers:(wolves)
2. Agent South Dakota: If South has an A.I. when she is lynched/vigi'd/brutaled/attacked by the Meta, she can sacrifice her A.I., and future use of A.I., in exchange for survival.
3. Agent Wyoming: Wolf sniper
4. Agent Washington: Wolf painter. Can't use/receive A.I.s

Reds and Blues:(humans)
5. Church: Seer, can't use/receive A.I.s
6. Tucker: Vigi, if the Meta is Vigi'd, Tucker dies instead.  One use only.
7. Caboose: Gaurdian
8. Sarge: Brutal human.  Knows he is the brutal human.
9. Sister: Takes 2 hits to kill. Told she is a regular human.
Lopez the Heavy: During the day, Lopez will be seered as blue.  At night, he will be seered as red.  Told he is a regular human.
10. Doc: Takes 2 hits to kill. Told he is a regular human.
11. Grif: Human
12. Simmons: Human
Doughnut: Human
Junior: Alien (Human)
Shelia: Tank (Human)

A.I. units(items):
-Omega: Your vote counts as 3.
-Gamma: You may extend the phase by 24 hours or end the phase instantly.
-Delta: You can PM the host and ask either how many wolves remain, how many A.I.s the Meta has, or to seer someone.
-Epsilon: You may freely talk with dead players via PM for 1 phase only.  PMs must be sent through the host.
-Theta: You may send the host a message that will be posted anonymously at the end of the phase.
-Sigma: You may nullify one player's vote and power that phase.

Notes:
-The Meta wins if he gets all the A.I.s.
-The Meta is not part of either team.
-If the Meta is lynched, all A.I. units are destroyed.
-The A.I.s are randomly distributed night one.  After they are used, they are randomly given to another player.  A player who dies with an A.I. automatically gives the Meta their A.I.
-A player can hold onto an A.I. as long as they want(except omega).  But if you have 2 or more A.I. in your possession for more than one phase(day or night), you will die and the Meta gains both A.I.

It's a shame people aren't joining but I think this is balanced for 12 people and if TWC checks it over and it's fine it's better to start than not to start..

Striked out bits are the bits I'd get rid off.

:/

the_last_sheikah

You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

TheZeldaPianist275

vermilionvermin

Part of the issue is that it'd require a remarkable human performance to beat the wolves.

If four people are going to be removed from the setup, the wolves have to give something up.  I talked to a few people about joining earlier in the week.

At any rate, I think we need to set a deadline for when we'll start the game short of people, and begin making plans in case that needs to happen.  Has anyone talked to Dudeman yet?

Dude

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

the_last_sheikah

Sorry, I don't want the game to become unbalanced just for the sake of starting it up right away.  It just annoys me that whenever you guys post a pokemon/tloz/anime based game, everyone is so into it, even if they don't "get" the theme, but when the theme is something like this, people judge it and aren't as interested.  Also how Boy edited it ruins some of the show references in the roles, like Washington not being able to use A.I.s.  Sorry, off my soapbox now.

How's this:
If the game doesn't fill up by Tuesday, 3PM EST, I will reduce the roles.  (verm if you could help me balance it for that that'd be great)
If it doesn't fill up then by Wednesday 9PM EST, I will close this game and give this hosting to Verm's zombie game.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

vermilionvermin

If you have time now, I can go to the chat.

the_last_sheikah

the_last_sheikah

After discussing with verm, I've made some changes to the game such as:

Wyoming is now CT, a wolf traitor with a vigi.
Church and Washington now can receive an A.I., but can't use it.
Sheila, Junior, and Doc have been removed.

Hopefully we can get 2 players back soon and begin playing.

MaestroUGC

It's alot easier to fill a silly game than it is the serious ones. Plus this game has a lot going on, and some people aren't into that. Also, your game may have won, but it wasn't exactly a landslide victory. You had 8 votes for your game, which means at best 8 players, assuming you didn't vote for yourself.

Theme isn't much of an issue for most of us here. The issue is the scope of the game. If more people had more time they wanted to devote to this, then they would. I would love to play this game, but at the moment I don't have the kind of time to play it well. And there's nothing I hate more in a TWG than people who don't attempt to play it.

Also this game has a massive obstacle to overcome once it starts: The more complicated it is, the faster people start talking in the beginning. The people who miss those first 5-6 pages aren't really going to be excited about reading it, and then they fall behind and just stop caring.

Also also, some themes don't lend themselves well to a neat, compacted game. Red Vs. Blue is massive, and this game reflects it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.