News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

What is fulfilled requests?

Started by Wolf, February 11, 2013, 06:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

There is a folder called fulfilled requests in the site. But what does it do???
My only guess is requests that are finished.
But then why is coin launcher not going to the fulfilled requests???
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

spitllama

Shado moves fulfilled request threads there. If yours hasn't been moved, it's just been a matter of him not getting to it yet, and you shouldn't worry about it.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

blueflower999

...Wolf, you have made some strange threads...  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

"What is 'fulfilled requests?'"

...That's where we put the requests...that are fulfilled....
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: wolf on February 11, 2013, 06:15:00 PMThere is a folder called fulfilled requests in the site. But what does it do???
My only guess is requests that are finished.
But then why is coin launcher not going to the fulfilled requests???
Winner winner chicken dinner.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Wolf

The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Cobraroll

No, no! This is not a stupid thread at all! Actually, I planned to make a thread with this question not too long ago, but ended up scrapping it.

Though, it asks a slightly different question: "What constitutes a fulfilled request?"

You see, take this thread for instance. The song was requested, arranged, and posted, and the thread was moved.

However, the song never made it to the site. Nana1Popo2 isn't the most active user around, and the link was never posted in a submission thread. Eventually, it was deleted off MediaFire.

On one hand, the "Fulfilled requests" subforum is a nice "paper bin" for fulfilled requests, but from time to time, the request gets un-fulfilled because the link "rots" and the arrangement vanishes. While on paper, the song is arranged, it was never archived at NSM.

The "Fulfilled Requests" subforum is currently more like a limbo, where arrangements stay until the uploaders embrace them and add them to the NSM main site, on arrival in which the request is properly fulfilled. However, not all arranged sheets ever reach that conclusion, and die away due to negligience from the arranger.

Now, is this a problem? Some losses are always to be expected, and I don't keep a statistic on how many fulfilled requests actually make it to the site in, say, a year after being arranged. I wouldn't expect the number to be disastrous, though, and I think the problem can be amended once we get a consistent and reliable update frequency in place. This would shorten the "limbo" period significantly, and hopefully we won't experience as much linkrot in the future.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

BlackDragonSlayer

So, you're saying that some brave person/people should go through the fulfilled requests and see which ones are actually "fulfilled"??
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

I'm sure this is all handled with the new Request and Submission Systems. But Cobra brings up a good point. I think that requests should take first priority when the updates come around, followed by revisions, and then new voluntary arrangements. The requests are the life blood of the site, people come here looking for a sheet, don't find it and request it. Sure, most of them are never touched which is unfortunate, but those that are eventually arranged suffer a fate like Cobra described.

I believe Shado is on top of the current requests and how they are handled, however he's just a janitor and can't do much more than proper filing. It's up to the reviewers and updaters to make sure content makes it to the site.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

FireArrow

We could make it so a request isn't fulfilled until it's put on site.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jub3r7

I think shado is more of an architect than a janitor.  :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]