News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sheet Info

Started by JDMEK5, February 03, 2013, 12:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I get rid of this poll?

Yes.
No.
I like blueberries.
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!

JDMEK5

There has obviously been lots of confusion about what the text should read on Pokémon sheets because I've seen incorrect years, incorrect urls, and otherwise horrible formatting; especially on Pokémon sheets.
This is here to fix that for the future.
This topic will tell you everything you need to have on your Pokémon arrangement.
The information provided here is intended to be copy/pasted into your arrangment. (Varying where necessary (e.g. known individual composer, version exclusives, etc.))

These are specifications to the guidelines for Pokémon games only. Always follow the guidelines.

When checking soundtrack listings, always be sure to view the "Localization" version!

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow Version:
1) Song Title: Use the official soundtrack titles for Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen Versions whenever possible. Soundtrack listing can be found here. If not possible, ask in this topic.
2) Game Name: Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow Version
3) Composer: Junichi Masuda
4) Copyright: Nintendo, GameFreak © 1996
5) URL: http://www.ninsheetm.us/

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Version:
1) Song Title: Use the official soundtrack titles for Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver Versions whenever possible. Soundtrack listing can be found here. If not possible, ask in this topic.
2) Game Name: Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Version (varies if song is a version exclusive)
3) Composer: Junichi Masuda and Go Ichinose
4) Copyright: Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 1999

Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Version:
1) Song Title: Use the official soundtrack titles. Soundtrack listing can be found here.
2) Game Name: Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Version
3) Composer: Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Morikazu Aoki, and Hiroko Takano
4) Copyright: Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2002

Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen Version:
1) Song Title: Use the official soundtrack titles. Soundtrack listing can be found here.
2) Game Name: Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen Version
3) Composer: Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, and Morikazu Aoki
4) Copyright: Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2004

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Version:
2) Game Name: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (varies if song is a version exclusive)
3) Composer: Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Morikazu Aoki, and Hitomi Sato
4) Copyright: Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2006

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver Version:
2) Game Name: Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver Version
3) Composer: Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Morikazu Aoki, Hitomi Sato, Shota Kageyama, Satoshi Nohara, and Takuto Kitsuta
4) Copyright: Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2009

Pokémon Black/White Version:
2) Game Name: Pokémon Black/White Version
3) Composer: Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, Hitomi Sato, Shota Kageyama, and Minako Adachi
Composer Distinction Notes:
All battle themes were composed by Junichi Masuda.
Opelucid/Black City, Anville Town, and Village Bridge were composed by Go Ichinose.
Bicycle, Poké Transfer Lab, and Lacunosa Town were composed by Hitomi Sato.
Entralink, Route 10, and Ending were composed by Shota Kageyama.
4) Copyright: Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2010

Pokémon Black/White Version 2:
2) Game Name: Pokémon Black/White Version 2
3) Composer: Go Ichinose, and Hitomi Sato
Composer Distinction Notes:
Humilau City and Route 23 were composed by Go Ichinose.
Route 19 and Join Avenue were composed by Hitomi Sato.
All songs featured also in Pokémon Black/White may have been composed by Junichi Masuda, Shota Kageyama, or Minako Adachi. List them accordingly.
4) Copyright: Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, GameFreak © 2012

Please follow this info as precisely as possible for best results.

Aside from the original post, which board does this whole thing belong on? Submissions maybe?
I only put it here in Feedback because I wasn't sure where this should go.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheZeldaPianist275

JDMEK5

So which board should this go to?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Yugi

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 03, 2013, 12:29:37 PMhorrible formatting due to the fact that it is a Pokémon game.
?

JDMEK5

There's confusion going around regarding things like release year, publisher as opposed to developer (Nintendo, The Pokémon Company as opposed to GameFreak), stuff like that.

I changed the wording to make a bit more sense.

But I'm maybe thinking this should get moved to the "Submissions" board. It'd probably be more helpful there.
Any other thoughts on this?

My Arrangements

Cobraroll

Yugi, that "Horrrible formatting" thing stems from the fact that Pokémon sheets rarely keep their key signatures for more than a few bars at a time. This leaves an arranger with an awful lot of #'s and b's no matter how right he does things. There seems to be no correct way to format the sheets well, and most attempts end up looking rather ugly.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on February 05, 2013, 03:01:37 PMYugi, that "Horrrible formatting" thing stems from the fact that Pokémon sheets rarely keep their key signatures for more than a few bars at a time. This leaves an arranger with an awful lot of #'s and b's no matter how right he does things. There seems to be no correct way to format the sheets well, and most attempts end up looking rather ugly.
Only the battle themes do that, and usually it's only like one key change. So that statement that they rarely keep their key signatures for more than a few bars is blatantly false.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Cobraroll on February 05, 2013, 03:01:37 PMYugi, that "Horrrible formatting" thing stems from the fact that Pokémon sheets rarely keep their key signatures for more than a few bars at a time. This leaves an arranger with an awful lot of #'s and b's no matter how right he does things. There seems to be no correct way to format the sheets well, and most attempts end up looking rather ugly.
I actually meant that they look messy not only as far as key signatures go, but text, and everything else.
For example, a common problem is for people to list "GameFreak" as a publisher, when it's only a developer.
Key signatures also pose an issue but Slow is right when he means that when I said "due to the fact that it is a Pokémon song", I meant battle theme.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 05, 2013, 03:17:15 PMOnly the battle themes do that, and usually it's only like one key change. So that statement that they rarely keep their key signatures for more than a few bars is blatantly false.
He means that they tend to change back and forth between one or two (sometimes three) keys, so often you can't write out a key signature for each.

So as horrible as it looks, you do need loads of accidentals. (There are exceptions however)

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Quote from: Shadoninja on February 06, 2013, 02:23:47 PMWhy isn't Game Freak listed at all? They should be included.
My original thoughts exactly. But G-Han specifically stated "publisher(s)", which GameFreak is not.

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

[Redacted]

JDMEK5

This is exactly why I set up this topic! To get us all on the same page as far as information goes.
This is great!

So what then? Should we say that GameFreak goes on all Pokémon sheets as well?

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

I put game freak WITHOUT Nintendo. Game Freak deserves to be credited more than Nintendo as Pokemon has nothing to do with Nintendo other than being released for their systems. All development is by game Freak.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 06, 2013, 02:48:42 PMI put game freak WITHOUT Nintendo. Game Freak deserves to be credited more than Nintendo as Pokemon has nothing to do with Nintendo other than being released for their systems. All development is by game Freak.
Yes, but technically they're not the publishers.
(Don't shoot me yet!)

Let's set this right now. Are we going to list {Nintendo, The Pokémon Company}; {GameFreak}; or both? (Brackets used to indicate options)
Added poll.

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

[Redacted]