Super Update Bros - January 31st 2013

Started by EFitTrainr, January 31, 2013, 02:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BonusPwnage on February 02, 2013, 08:04:13 AMThis website is really cool. I would never think in the way those guys do.
My favorite was the 'Glass Half Empty' one.
The way they approach the problems is so zany (such as the glass, for example). :P

I might consider submitting a question...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

Quote from: BonusPwnage on February 02, 2013, 08:04:13 AMThis website is really cool. I would never think in the way those guys do.
My favorite was the 'Glass Half Empty' one.
Vsauce does a lot of this stuff.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

blueflower999

VSauce is Uber Coll. If you're into geeky knowledge, I recommend checking them out.

Not sure why they need 3 channels, though.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BonusPwnage

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 03, 2013, 10:19:17 AMVsauce does a lot of this stuff.
Yeah, I watch Vsauce all the time, and I just saw the space travel one. I agree with Blue as well; the three channel thing is just unnecessary.

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Quote from: Shadoninja on February 04, 2013, 03:32:57 PMBecause this is so relevant to the update, guys.
I think all discussion about the update's been discussed already.
But you're right. I'm done.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

ASH501ST

Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

ASH501ST

It's one of my favorite games and I love the soundtrack!
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

Ricky

I see that the updating process takes long time because of revisions. I thought that the thing that made updates so rare was the lack of arrangements. I was wrong I suppose. If I may ask, why does it take so long time to go through arrangements (i.e. is it because of many mistakes in the notation (which can be avoided pretty easily with decent knowledge of music theory) or maybe because the arranger chose wrong rhythm and/or tones here and there)?

SlowPokemon

There are a TON of arrangements, the problem is no one will take the time to critique or upload them for any number of reasons.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Ricky on February 08, 2013, 10:08:01 AMIf I may ask, why does it take so long time to go through arrangements (i.e. is it because of many mistakes in the notation (which can be avoided pretty easily with decent knowledge of music theory) or maybe because the arranger chose wrong rhythm and/or tones here and there)?
I think it's mostly either accuracy issues, formatting issues, and/or theory issues. (Such as rhythm groupings a vast majority of the time)

My Arrangements

Winter

Quote from: Ricky on February 08, 2013, 10:08:01 AMI see that the updating process takes long time because of revisions. I thought that the thing that made updates so rare was the lack of arrangements. I was wrong I suppose. If I may ask, why does it take so long time to go through arrangements (i.e. is it because of many mistakes in the notation (which can be avoided pretty easily with decent knowledge of music theory) or maybe because the arranger chose wrong rhythm and/or tones here and there)?

It is because we have adopted much higher standards than previously expected of arrangers, and TWO updaters have to approve every sheet before anything goes up.

CamKrist

I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.
I'm on Twitter and my essay

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.