News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 25, 2014, 09:18:29 AMAll while playing the same 3 fucking chords

One time I heard a minor chord in a country song and I literally astonished.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bubbles

I can see why from a musical standpoint country isn't exactly a stellar genre, but it's not terrible. I definitely wouldn't listen to country every day, but if its on the radio I might listen to a song or two. Except this song oh my god i cant stand it

fingerz

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 25, 2014, 12:35:10 PMGood to hear other people hate country music too
Yeah, but you guys LIVE with that stuff. That's why I love it! I don't hear it very often, so when I do, I think it's a scream! XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Pit0010

Country music? LOL...don't we (u and I joey) expect it in Aus as welll though? xD

It's funny coz I never come across it...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

McDucky

JDMEK5

Well those topics definitely apply to me. I live out in the middle of nowhere. But it was more of a joke than anything. I'm just saying for the most part I've seen more variety in lyrical subjects in country than with any other genre.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

You obviously haven't looked deep enough elsewhere. Most modern popular music isn't exactly Shakespeare, but there is variety out there.

On the flipside I've been listening to a fair bit of Al Jolson lately, it kind of makes me want to cover a bunch of his old standards.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SuperFireKirby

If you want lyrical variety folk, americana, underground hip/hop, and the stranger varieties of alt. rock are the way to go. Or just combined all of them and you get this:

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BlackDragonSlayer

I remember this from Frequency (the classic modern rhythm game!); and I was reminded of Freezepop recently, so I decided to listen to some of their music.

I'm also listening to this.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

OMG Freezepop. Such a silly, awesome band.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jompa

somehow there are just soooo many amazing big band arrangements of Just Friends!! :D
I found this one just now, and wawawiwa! Lovin' that trombone&bass feature in the middle there, and that shout chorus at the end is some of the sexiest I've ever heard. If the audio had actually captured the cymbals this would have been a GREAT recording.
The best version is still the Bill Holmann arrangement though, definately
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yugi

We learned today that Eddie Murphy has a music career.