News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG XLVIII: Haute Couture Sign Ups

Started by Mashi, January 29, 2013, 03:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which game do you want to play?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II - SlowPokemon - [LINK]
6 (30%)
72 Hours Remaining - FSM-Reapr - [LINK] [UPDATED LINK]
7 (35%)
The Dangerous Flora and Fauna of Umbra - BlackDragonSlayer - [LINK]
1 (5%)
Untitled - Liggy - [LINK]
4 (20%)
It's Complicated - The Boy Who Cried Wolf - [LINK]
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: February 02, 2013, 06:28:02 AM

Waddle Bro

Making another text... I hope he's awake.

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 29, 2013, 04:36:34 PMI'm also not sure how I feel about the masks being permanent now.  Because of this, it's much harder for the Happy Mask Salesman to win.  Anyone who gets the Deku or Goron mask can easily prove their humanity, and this problem is only exacerbated if the masks are redistributed every day.  On the other hand, if the wolves don't get the masks, they could be in big trouble, and it'd make it very difficult for the Happy Mask Salesman to win.
Wait what? The masks will still be redistributed every Night.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on January 29, 2013, 04:36:34 PMMy only comment for any of the games is for FSM's:

I think your game would be better if Happy Mask Salesman knew who got the masks.  That way, he can push for lynches on the people who have them, and humans can potentially get a better handle on who the Happy Mask Salesman is.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the masks being permanent now.  Because of this, it's much harder for the Happy Mask Salesman to win.  Anyone who gets the Deku or Goron mask can easily prove their humanity, and this problem is only exacerbated if the masks are redistributed every day.  On the other hand, if the wolves don't get the masks, they could be in big trouble, and it'd make it very difficult for the Happy Mask Salesman to win.
I agree with the underlined, but the fact that the Happy Mask Salseman can only be killed by lynching makes it much easier for him to survive.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

vermilionvermin

Quote from: Yugi on January 29, 2013, 04:38:54 PMBut that's what makes it FUN.

By "very difficult," I mean that there are plausible circumstances that would result in it being impossible for him to win.  For example, if all three masks go to humans, he's not going to win because those people can just confirm themselves as humans and guarded.  If a role is designed in such a way that a player can play it perfectly and lose, it's designed wrong.

Waddle Bro

Yugi

Liggy

Quote from: LiggyWolf Shaman - Every night phase, can choose one player.  At the end of that night phase, the color of the player he chose is revealed to him.
Spy - Every night phase, can write out one anonymous message to the Wolf Assassin.  The message will be delivered to the Wolf Assassin at the beginning of the next day phase.  The message may contain whatever information that the player wishes, but the message has a limit of 200 letters.  (For the sake of legibility, punctuation and spaces will not count.)  The Wolf Assassin will not be told which messages comes from the Agent.
Wolf Assassin - Every night phase, may opt to kill a player.  Allied with the wolves, and counts for their victory condition, but does not know the identity of either at the start.

Agent - Every night phase, can write out one anonymous message to the Wolf Assassin.  The message will be delivered to the Wolf Assassin at the beginning of the next day phase.  The message may contain whatever information that the player wishes, but the message has a limit of 200 letters.  (For the sake of legibility, punctuation and spaces will not count.)  The Wolf Assassin will not be told which messages comes from the Agent.
Informant - At the end of each night phase, receives the name and color of the Wolf Shaman's seering target.  Does not prevent the Wolf Shaman from receiving his report.  Additionally, every night phase, may opt to kill a player.  If he attempts to kill the same player as the Wolf Assassin, the target survives and the Wolf Assassin dies instead.
Guardian - May choose a player each night.  That person is immune to dying that night phase, regardless of how many attempts are made to kill him.

Reviver - While alive, all players vote on a dead player at night.  The player with the most amount of votes who has not been revived before is revived at the end of the night.  Is told he's a normal human.
Human - A bipedal animal with opposable thumbs that is capable of intelligent thought.  Usually.
Human - Harmless.
Human - Er.
Human - Mostly harmless.
Human

???

I assure you it's just as cool as it sounds.  No fluff, this is pure TWG and investigation here.  Not going to try and candy coat this game by putting a theme or story onto it!  Not that theme games aren't cool, of course.

Bird

Some really neat ideas, Liggy!

But I think there's kind of an obvious strategy for the Wolf Spy. Can't he just say

"I'm the actual Wolf Spy. To prove it, I will wolf Jimmy. Once you are confident in my identity, include the phrase "outrageously suspicious" in one of your day phase posts."

and start the day phase with a united wolf team?
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Yugi

Why do I keep thinking that this is TWG 48 and that it's called Haute Couture

Liggy

That's why the Human Spy can vigi!

Yeah I fully expect there to be three deaths every night.  Kinda hard to work around that.

Liggy

vermilionvermin

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2013, 04:40:11 PMWait what? The masks will still be redistributed every Night.

Oh, I thought that was changed in between the two versions.  Never mind that, then.  I still think there's an issue, though, of people being confirmed human by the masks.  If Bobby gets the vigi mask and two people die that night, he can confirm himself as human.  Same goes for the seering mask.

Bird

Quote from: Liggy on January 29, 2013, 05:21:02 PMThat's why the Human Spy can vigi!

Yeah I fully expect there to be three deaths every night.  Kinda hard to work around that.
Woops! Missed that. Looks great in that case.

Yugi

Bird

Liggy

Game title because I forgot to give it one so I made it up just now:

No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.