TWG XLVII - Relax, I'm a Doctor Post Game

Started by MaestroUGC, January 28, 2013, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

But I guess it's safe to say that the humans were the real winners.
We found all the wolves, someone else just came to steal the fruits of our hard work.
::)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2013, 06:25:05 AMThis is correct. I don't get why he claimed miller.
The ONLY thing that saved you was the reason I gave you, when I was assuming you were a wolf.

It was a MASSIVE stroke of luck that you randomly hit Sheikah with one of your hits.
I thought I told you why I claimed miller... it was... it was...

And I DID tell you, it wasn't random; I CHOSE to attack Sheikah for a second time instead of Liggy: I could have easily decided that I shouldn't hit him, had I not put more thought into it. I didn't just pull names out of a hat and use that to decide who to kill... :P

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2013, 08:52:17 AMBut you're forgetting that it was BDS. ::)
No, you are, and that's what I took advantage of. You doubted that I'd be able to do something like that as a rogue, since you underestimated me. I even warned you guys not to doubt me (I think I said it to Boy?). :P

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2013, 12:40:11 PMBut I guess it's safe to say that the humans were the real winners.
We found all the wolves, someone else just came to steal the fruits of our hard work.
::)
But you left me out of the equation. ::) "It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."
If you doubted me, though, I guess my strategy worked... :P

Also, on a somewhat different note, sending the PMs in order to use my action was extremely weird; it went something like this:
Kill Liggy
etc. etc. etc.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

True fact, the humans never used their items.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Toby

Wait, people are underestimating BDS? BDS is good guys but he can be very strange and noobish sometimes but a lot of the time he does have good ideas but he has to concentrate on contributing more rather than keeping himself protected and otherthinking things!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 29, 2013, 01:01:53 PMWait, people are underestimating BDS? BDS is good guys but he can be very strange and noobish sometimes but a lot of the time he does have good ideas but he has to concentrate on contributing more rather than keeping himself protected and otherthinking things!!
Apparantly Waddle thought that I was a really dumb wolf... :P Which, of course, was good for me, but not for the humans.

If I don't "overthink" (or, rather, think at all) things, I would never come to the conclusions I have come to, in many previous games, including this one, as I mentioned above with Liggy and Sheikah.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Meh, last game you overthinked who who wanted to send suspicion lists to.

Waddle Bro

b**** plz

You can't say that your victory wasn't luck.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 29, 2013, 12:54:53 PMAnd I DID tell you, it wasn't random; I CHOSE to attack Sheikah for a second time instead of Liggy: I could have easily decided that I shouldn't hit him, had I not put more thought into it. I didn't just pull names out of a hat and use that to decide who to kill... :P
It was obvious that you didn't attack Liggy Night 2, like I said. >.>
Tell me how did you choose to attack Sheikah Night 2, I'm listening.
After Sheikah survived from your first attack it was also obvious that you'd attack him second time, because I confirmed that Liggy is the Zhivago.

Maestro, I think I deserve the Rogue team MVP.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 29, 2013, 12:54:53 PMNo, you are, and that's what I took advantage of. You doubted that I'd be able to do something like that as a rogue, since you underestimated me. I even warned you guys not to doubt me (I think I said it to Boy?). :P
But you left me out of the equation. ::) "It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."
If you doubted me, though, I guess my strategy worked... :P
I am what? ???
I didn't underestimate you, I basically gave you everything you needed to win, except the dumb luck.

Toby

Bubbles

why are you guys actually arguing about this

Waddle Bro

becuz i dont want bds 2 think hez a pro juzt becuz he won a twg thx 2 me

the_last_sheikah

people always argue about this kind of stuff after the game ends.  Is whatever.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 29, 2013, 01:07:46 PMMeh, last game you overthinked who who wanted to send suspicion lists to.
BUT I WAS RIGHT. Caution is not overthinking something, but rather, doing something to avoid a great mistake.

The reason why I don't "contribute more" is because people tend not to listen to me very often (see TWG XLIV: The Pokemon League for recent occurrence of this).

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2013, 01:12:12 PMYou can't say that your victory wasn't luck.

It was obvious that you didn't attack Liggy Night 2, like I said. >.>

Tell me how did you choose to attack Sheikah Night 2, I'm listening.

After Sheikah survived from your first attack it was also obvious that you'd attack him second time, because I confirmed that Liggy is the Zhivago.

I am what? ???
I didn't underestimate you, I basically gave you everything you needed to win, except the dumb luck.
But I can't say that it was either. :P There is a major difference between luck and current circumstance/situation.

I attacked Liggy Night 1. -_-

Sheikah's question about The Doctor opened a slight possibility that he could be The Doctor (or trying to be The Doctor), meaning that he would be one of the two possible people I'd need to kill. Unless I wanted to be radical and kill someone "important," Sheikah seemed like a logical choice.

You could have easily been bluffing the rogue, which is why I thought deeper into the matter.

You're forgetting that it's me. :P You didn't give me everything, only the fact that you didn't lynch me before Boy, which was situations and YOUR logic, not merely luck, as YOU decided it.

Luck is what happened in Have It Your Way:
  • Mashi was seered green
  • Seer was killed early on.

Both of those things as things the wolves could not have known, but happened anyway; the extreme happening of destructive circumstances crushed the humans in that game.

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2013, 01:22:13 PMbecuz i dont want bds 2 think hez a pro juzt becuz he won a twg thx 2 me
...you're doing the same thing... you just don't want to admit that I thought up a strategy to dupe you... :P If the situation was reversed, you'd probably be doing the same thing I am...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 29, 2013, 01:29:23 PMThe reason why I don't "contribute more" is because people tend not to listen to me very often (see TWG XLIV: The Pokemon League for recent occurrence of this).
WADDLE: there is a reason for that

I attacked Liggy Night 1. -_-
WADDLE: Yes, I was aware of that Day 2.

Sheikah's question about The Doctor opened a slight possibility that he could be The Doctor (or trying to be The Doctor), meaning that he would be one of the two possible people I'd need to kill. Unless I wanted to be radical and kill someone "important," Sheikah seemed like a logical choice.
WADDLE: I don't see one question qualifying as a logical reason. (pretty lucky for you that he didn't ask that question through PM then) Me, Mashi and TZP were just as likely to be the Guardian as Sheikah.

You're forgetting that it's me. :P You didn't give me everything, only the fact that you didn't lynch me before Boy, which was situations and YOUR logic, not merely luck, as YOU decided it.
WADDLE: I told you that Liggy is the Zhivago, too. That(and boy lynch) was all you needed to win.

...you're doing the same thing... you just don't want to admit that I thought up a strategy to dupe you... :P If the situation was reversed, you'd probably be doing the same thing I am...
WADDLE: If Dude would have given me that item Night 2, Sheikah would have been lynched next and you would have not killed him. You would have been the next and then TBWCW.
THIS is why I think your win was a stroke of dumb luck.

blueflower999

And the winner goes to...

The greatest NES game ever.  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

Waddle, you're forgetting a ton of stuff, including perspective, situation, and what I have said previously.

Many of the things you mentioned, including Liggy, I was not ignorant of (I mentioned, though, that you could have been bluffing).

From my perspective, you, Mashi, and TZP had done nothing to signify that you were LIKELY to be the Doctor; as I mentioned, because of the failed attack earlier, it was likely that you either guarded him (or used the Psychic Power, IF the psychic was still alive), or that he was Doctor Doom.

There's no reason that I should have attacked Liggy night 2 (which you seem to be implying I "should have done"), as, IF (keyword IF) he was Doctor Doom, it would be better to wait until there he was the last wolf.

About the item: that's not luck; that's clearly defined and controllable actions of the players, not something like seering the master wolf (who doesn't know he's the master wolf) green, or killing the seer without knowing he's the seer.
You asked for the item, unless you asked for it way earlier without anybody else knowing, on Day 2, when you lynched Boy. You also fail to take into account a change of strategy given the SITUATION (e.g. I'm not just going to stick with the same strategy even though it's divebombing into the ground :P).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber