TWG XLVII - Relax, I'm a Doctor Post Game

Started by MaestroUGC, January 28, 2013, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 29, 2013, 02:16:56 PMAbout the item: that's not luck; that's clearly defined and controllable actions of the players, not something like seering the master wolf (who doesn't know he's the master wolf) green, or killing the seer without knowing he's the seer.
You asked for the item, unless you asked for it way earlier without anybody else knowing, on Day 2, when you lynched Boy. You also fail to take into account a change of strategy given the SITUATION (e.g. I'm not just going to stick with the same strategy even though it's divebombing into the ground :P).
It's unlucky that Dude couldn't be active and that Mashi didn't know what was going on! I had to ask the item from Mashi Day 2. If we would have confirmed the false-claimer Night 2, we would have lynched him Day 2, this is guaranteed information. Since you had attacked Sheikah Night 2, he would have died from our lynching.

But I still think you're the collest person here, Dude! You play LC(well at least once) and Touhou! <3

Dude

I'm glad I didn't give my item to bird before he died.

That's pretty much the only good thing I did.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2013, 02:29:15 PMIt's unlucky that Dude couldn't be active and that Mashi didn't know what was going on! I had to ask the item from Mashi Day 2. If we would have confirmed the false-claimer Night 2, we would have lynched him Day 2, this is guaranteed information. Since you had attacked Sheikah Night 2, he would have died from our lynching.
But I still think you're the collest person here, Dude! You play LC(well at least once) and Touhou! <3
*facepalm*
That's not luck... had I been inactive, I would have been unable to win, for example...

But yet again, I could use that against you: If I had chosen to attack Liggy night 2, I would have been able to attack Sheikah. You COULD call THAT "luck." -_-
If you call that luck, than nearly EVERY action is luck: it's lucky Bubbles seered Hunter and was confirmed, it's lucky that...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Something came into Dude's way, making him unable to come to NSM.

I call that something unlucky.

Toby

Guys games over, we all think BDS was lucky but I believe something was going on in that complicated mechanical brain of us that lead him to victory. It wasn't luck in my opinion, it was just unexpected.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 29, 2013, 02:37:29 PMSomething came into Dude's way, making him unable to come to NSM.

I call that something unlucky.
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 29, 2013, 02:35:05 PM*facepalm*
That's not luck... had I been inactive, I would have been unable to win, for example...

If you call that luck, than nearly EVERY action is luck: it's lucky Bubbles seered Hunter and was confirmed, it's lucky that...
That's not luck, that's circumstance. Now you're just trying to think of excuses. O_o

Luck: "Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions."
Circumstance: "An event or fact that causes or helps to cause something to happen, typically something undesirable."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Luck is winning/losing a coin flip. Coincidence is two or more parties acting of their own accord when something happens.

BDS had his own things going for him, as did the wolves and humans. The fact that his plans worked out in spite of the others is a testament to his gameplay, not luck.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

TheZeldaPianist275

This seems to have died.  Analyses coming soon?