News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Finale Measure Issues

Started by SlowPokemon, January 27, 2013, 03:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Okay, so when you open Finale it defaults to 31 measures right? So I finished the first 31 and needed more, so I added more--then this happened:

....why are the new measures so much smaller? They won't resize themselves and I have no idea how to resize them.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

They usually resize when you enter notes in them.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Olimar12345

I thought you meant the empty measures. I might be able to help. Could you pm me sheet?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Olimar12345

when I opened it, it spaced them out evenly...try going to utilities-music spacing-apply music spacing to selected parts/score-score

SlowPokemon

Olimar12345

Shadoninja

You could move a measure to another system by selecting it and using the up/down arrow keys.
You can specify the number of measures per system by selecting a region or the entire piece and using the shortcut (Ctrl+M).
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

I find when I have all these notes crammed into one measure, just highlighting a note in that measure and then moving up and down a random interval fixes it.
This goes for all versions of finale.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 29, 2013, 11:11:30 AMI find when I have all these notes crammed into one measure, just highlighting a note in that measure and then moving up and down a random interval fixes it.
This goes for all versions of finale.
Too unreliable.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 29, 2013, 11:54:36 AMToo unreliable.
I know it sounds sketchy but it works. Of course, alternate methods are just as valid.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

Yeah but it didn't work for this problem, so it's not failsafe.

JDMEK5

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 29, 2013, 07:10:08 PMYeah but it didn't work for this problem, so it's not failsafe.
Really? Hmm. I must be diagnosing something else then.

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 29, 2013, 07:10:08 PMYeah but it didn't work for this problem, so it's not failsafe.
Did you try my method?