News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

TWG XLVII - Relax, I'm a Doctor

Started by MaestroUGC, January 22, 2013, 10:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

There is nothing paranoia about what I just said.  I'm cautioning against taking one player's humanity for granted.  Last game was my first game, and I learned some lessons about that.  ::)

TheZeldaPianist275

Why I'm Voting SocialFox

Quote from: Yugi on January 22, 2013, 11:16:17 PMAnd do the humans know what human they are?

If so, then Strangelove should claim, that way everyone can avoid him.

Look at that.  I 100% agree with what Bubbles said earlier.  There would be no reason for him to ask that if he were a human.  He says "humans" like he's not one.

The argument between him and Boy puts them both in a wolfy light.  I doubt they would both be wolves, posting at each other like that, but Social already has what I just said against him, and thus he is more wolfy than Boy in my mind.

Add all that to the fact that, if Bird is telling the truth (which I think he is), he is part of a counterclaim triangle.  And because of the two above reasons, he is more suspicious than either Verm or BDS.

My vote stays on Social.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 24, 2013, 05:23:52 PMWhy I'm Voting SocialFox

Look at that.  I 100% agree with what Bubbles said earlier.  There would be no reason for him to ask that if he were a human.  He says "humans" like he's not one.

The argument between him and Boy puts them both in a wolfy light.  I doubt they would both be wolves, posting at each other like that, but Social already has what I just said against him, and thus he is more wolfy than Boy in my mind.

Add all that to the fact that, if Bird is telling the truth (which I think he is), he is part of a counterclaim triangle.  And because of the two above reasons, he is more suspicious than either Verm or BDS.

My vote stays on Social.
That quote was BEFORE Maestro sent out (or was finished sending out) role PMs; often, I say "humans" as well, although I sometimes use "we"... however, a that's frivolous, as wolves might do the same thing...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Quote from: Yugi on January 24, 2013, 03:41:10 PMI thought that we established that we wern't lynching me today.
Verm

Yugi

Besides, if I really was the rogue, you could just, you know , SEER ME.

And what were the seering results bird.

Bubbles

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 24, 2013, 06:14:20 PMThat quote was BEFORE Maestro sent out (or was finished sending out) role PMs; often, I say "humans" as well, although I sometimes use "we"... however, a that's frivolous, as wolves might do the same thing...
Notice the time stamps:
Quote from: Yugi on January 22, 2013, 11:16:17 PMAnd do the humans know what human they are?

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 22, 2013, 11:16:42 PMPMs are sent.

It is now Night 1.
Night one ends 12:00 AM CST, Friday, Jan 25.

So yeah, he posted that before Maestro announced that all the pms were sent. If you look closely, he beat Maestro by 25 seconds. Yeah that seems like alot, but we have no idea how fast a typer Maestro is (plus, this is probably just a newb problem for me, but I usually screw up bolding alot XD) I haven't been a host yet, so I dont know the typical order of sending out role pms, but if its by the list of players that means he got his 4th. Otherwise, its still only 25 seconds, and while Social might have quickly typed out his message, Maestro probably read over his post, as it would be the right thing for a host to make sure everything is exactly correct before posting.

Quote from: Bird on January 24, 2013, 04:52:51 PMStop voting for Yugi. He's clearly human.

He immediately knew that all the normal human players knew their exact role. There is no way he could have determined this as a wolf unless a human told him, and none of them seem to have. I suppose he also could have asked the host, but that seems really random. If you think he's a wolf, you need to come up with a reasonable explanation for this behavior. If you can't, change your vote.
Hes not exactly "clearly human". I personally see no evidence for him, except that hes posting alot of chat logs (though that might be just to get TBWCW). Mind you theres not exactly loads of evidence AGAINST him, but still enough for me to keep my vote

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 24, 2013, 06:47:45 PMNotice the time stamps:
So yeah, he posted that before Maestro announced that all the pms were sent. If you look closely, he beat Maestro by 25 seconds. Yeah that seems like alot, but we have no idea how fast a typer Maestro is (plus, this is probably just a newb problem for me, but I usually screw up bolding alot XD) I haven't been a host yet, so I dont know the typical order of sending out role pms, but if its by the list of players that means he got his 4th. Otherwise, its still only 25 seconds, and while Social might have quickly typed out his message, Maestro probably read over his post, as it would be the right thing for a host to make sure everything is exactly correct before posting.
Hmmm, good point... I didn't look at the times... so what you're saying is that he could have gotten his PM and posted the question before Maestro posted?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Basically. Unless he got him pm second to last or last, then yeah

Yugi

Actually, The reason I asked that was because I was confused when I was directly told I was the Miller, and I wanted to vertify it wasn't an accident.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on January 24, 2013, 06:56:10 PMActually, The reason I asked that was because I was confused when I was directly told I was the Miller, and I wanted to vertify it wasn't an accident.

That second part doesn't seem like you're asking about you. :S Just a general statement about humans... but then again, it depends on how much we trust certain people...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Dr. Strangelove, on the feasibility of a Doomsday Device:

Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing.

Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

Ambassador de Sadesky: It was to be announced at the Party Congress on Monday. As you know, the Premier loves surprises.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 24, 2013, 07:00:44 PMDr. Strangelove, on the feasibility of a Doomsday Device:

Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy... the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand... and completely credible and convincing.

Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

Ambassador de Sadesky: It was to be announced at the Party Congress on Monday. As you know, the Premier loves surprises.
Time for a pie fight...! Oh, uh, nevermind... that was... cancelled...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

BDS got a Medal for knowing his stuff. Everybody give him high fives.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

BlackDragonSlayer

Hit enter too soon...

For imformation about the film, Google "dr strangelove," and the Wikipedia article should be the first result. It helps to read the whole thing, or most of it, if you haven't seen the film (what I did).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber